Russian tourist found dead in Phuket hotel with 7 stab wounds

webfact

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What quote was that please?

Jjust to save me reading all 5 pages again and possibly missing it a 2nd time.

Just read the second news story to start with.

How do we know the PG story is a fact?

It was also made nearly 1 hour after the original report too.

It's not exactly CNN status news.

Edited by rhythmworx

Is there any information available about the contents of the handwritten note in Russian he left in the wastebasket in the WC yet?

Also of who translated it and also why the hotel staff didn't empty his bin. I can't see someone going to lenghths to write 3 motes in 1 day then decide to throw them away and kill himself anyway.

Doesn't matter what any reports say they are all full of sheite anyway.

What quote was that please?

Jjust to save me reading all 5 pages again and possibly missing it a 2nd time.

Just read the second news story to start with.

How do we know the PG story is a fact?

It was also made nearly 1 hour after the original report too.

It's not exactly CNN status news.

We don't know about either news story.

So all the speculation here and the negative BS about the police is just that, BS without knowing the facts, all based on one very untrustworthy news report.

• Like 2

I am thoroughly disgusted with the attitude of people on this forum. It's all insults and criticisms to the Thai people and authorities.

Seriously people if you hate Thailand that much then <removed> off back to your own country!

The facts are this

1, There was a suicide note.

2, He was inebriated which means the alcohol would numb the pain of the stabbings.

3, He suffered from severe depression.

4, He was a doctor and obviously knew where to make effective wounds.

5, It is possible to commit suicide by stabbing yourself. Just google it for f*%ks sake. When your adrenaline gets high enough, you'd be surprised what you can do.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/teenager-stabs-death-onstage-open-mic-night-front-shocked-crowd-coffee-shop-article-1.116121

• Like 2

Taking a lady boy back to your hotel, locking the door and hanging a Do Not Disturb sign on the outside is a well-known recipe for suicide in Thailand. So is leaning over the balcony for a post-coital fag without first checking the recent recipient of your passion, or one of his/her/its mates is not standing right behind you.

Doubtless, TV members can think of lots more. Between us, we could probably muster enough for a unique recipe book entitled Tasty Ways To Top Yourself in Thailand.

No disrespect intended to the Russian victim in this case. Let us hope the lady boy is located and that the contents of the discarded bits of paper with writing on them can throw further light on this disturbing case.

For those who haven't yet come across it, a website called Falang Death publishes a running score, with all relevant details, off foreign residents and tourists who check out terminally in the Land of Smiles. It is closed for a revamp right now, but definitely worth keeping tabs on when it reopens. The number of murders and suicides logged is staggering.

Phuket Russian Tourist's Death Deemed Suicide
By Khaosod English

PHUKET — Police have determined that a Russian tourist found dead in Phuket province yesterday committed suicide, although they are still searching for the ladyboy who was seen with him prior to his death.

The 33-year-old man was found dead in a hotel room in the popular tourist district of Patong yesterday. Police say the Russian had knife wounds on his chest and left wrist. A knife was found nearby.

There was no sign of struggle in the hotel room and three "farewell letters" penned by the tourist were also found near his bed, police say. Its contents have not been disclosed.

Pol.Col. Teerasak Boonsaeng, an officer at Kathu Police Station, said hotel staff told police that the tourist spent a night with a Thai ladyboy (transgender woman) before his body was found the next morning.

The staff also heard a loud argument between the ladyboy and the Russian man in their hotel room, Pol.Col. Teerasak said. The ladyboy was seen leaving the hotel afterwards.

She has been identified as Mesa Promkert, 35. Pol.Col. Teerasak said the police are trying to locate Ms. Mesa and question her about the death.

However, Pol.Col. Teerasak said the police have initially concluded that the Russian man committed suicide.

"We believe the cause was the argument, which made the man feel very sad and decide to kill himself," Pol.Col. Teerasak said.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1407994416

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-08-14

Phuket Russian Tourist's Death Deemed Suicide

By Khaosod English

"We believe the cause was the argument, which made the man feel very sad and decide to kill himself," Pol.Col. Teerasak said.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1407994416

kse.png

-- Khaosod English 2014-08-14

suicide with multiple knife wounds ?? !

(believable only if the multiple knife wounds are all close to his wrists = failed efforts to find the artery)

That reminds me get an expert:

There once was a man named Sherlock. Holms was his name. He was called to a butcher shop in which there sat a butcher block with a meat grinder and an arm sticking out of the grinder turning the handle. Sherlock, clever as he was, said " my dear Watswhoever you are, this is the most determined case of suicide I have ever seen.

So, go get Sherlock and Watswhoever and consider the case solved.coffee1.gif

Edited by Jimbolai

the foreign embassy, along with the travel guide book should give a strong warning against traveling to this sickos country.

What disturb me the most, its not the high rate criminality. But its the fact as a foreign victim here, you will never get justice.

Police will always put the blame on foreigner, truelly disgusting! This country deserve all the bashing that we read everyday on tv.

And then some!!

• Like 1

For those who do not think it possible, and I am not saying this happened in this case, but taking one's life with a knife to the stomach has been around for centuries in Japanese culture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seppuku

True. But ritual suicide in Japan has a specific form that includes having a 'second' person to cut the persons head off once the 'disemboweling' has been completed. The Wiki article is worth reading.

But a whole lot different than stabbing yourself 7 times. I just don't buy it. Well, unless the guy was an MK Ultra slave high on PCP and his ladyboy friend flipped him a Queen of Diamonds. <I jest>

Edited by connda

Looks to me you'r not much better, conclusions from 1 news report that is at least doubtful and you have it all figured out.

You didn't even read the first 6 words of my post before responding which were;

"No we didn't get it figured out"

You can't figure out counting either.

T.I.T. This is Thailand. Tourism is extremely important and were a young Russian tourist actually murdered in his hotel room that would cause a drop in the number of Russian tourists. Suicide is therefore the best option...they usually just jump off balconies though. I wonder what floor his room was on ? Too low down for a balcony suicide. It doesn't need Scotand Yard or Hercule Poirot to say MURDER.

Don't like to speculate but suicide... When i read that i instantly thought i knew where this thread was going.

I cannot picture someone stabbing themself in the chest numerous times.

Whatever happened, poor guy..

Rip

Wounds to the chest . wounds means .... anything. Scrapes scratches, mosquito bites, lady boy bites, pimples, hickeys not necessarily a deep punctured knife wound.

This thread really shows the depths of assumptions many people will make on what is sketchy and incomplete data.

• Like 1