Pressurized cans of air in CM.Where?

Frank James

I'm having a problem with ants again, crawling around on my computer keyboard, and, I suspect, find a home inside. This caused my last computer to short out and shut down. I found a place at Pantip that was able to clean it up and get it running again, but I want to attack this crew before they do the damage. Last time it was the medium sized black ants. This time it is those tiny b-----ds that you can barely see. It think it is the adhesive on some of the tape inside that they crave, but who knows.

I have never seen canned pressurized air since I've lived here. Anybody know where I can find some? I sit here slapping at them with a rag, and they just laugh and climb into the openings under the keys. I admire their industrious nature but I don't want to go through that again.

I haven't seen the cans of air, but in any event, that only works while you are sitting right there.

I have seen the ERA chalk sticks sold in every supermarket, and when I've used them, they stop the ants from crossing. It's the only thing we use to keep our food cabinets ant-free. But it's kind of like a 'magic circle' to keep out the demons; unless you complete the circle they will find a way in!

• Like 1

I get rid of ants with some borax mixed with some used cooking oil or fat. They seem to love it and the best thing is that many will make it home to their nest where they die and get eaten and poison the rest.
Just place a small container of the solution next to your computer.

Thanks for the tips. I don't want to put untried substances on my key board, but will do so if I can't find the air. I guess the propellant inside is what makes it expensive.

You don't need to put it on your keyboard. Your keyboard sits on a desk, right? The ants have to climb up the desk to get to your keyboard. If they are climbing from the ground, put the anti-ant chalk completely around the underside edge of the desk. You don't see it, and the ants don't cross it. If the desk is against a wall, put the chalk along the back edge of the desk where it meets the wall. Where ever there is an ant trail leading to your desk, put some chalk. Stop them from coming out of the floor or out of the wall before the get to your keyboard or computer.

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
21 minutes ago, elektrified said:

Has anyone seen any canned air for cleaning computers recently? I went to about 5 places in the last 2 days; Amorn, computer supply shops, etc. Nowhere had any.

Any ideas or recent sightings? Thank you.

In Bangkok NPE (Zeer g.flr) have it, saw it only yesterday. If you Google Kloud Canned Air Dust Remover 220ml you will find it sold online in Thailand.

http://www.mynpe.com/mynpe/more.php?data=892921502009&quantity=$quan&c=$data

image.png.487e2cdf470ccc27cff3b3d245d9d01c.png

1 hour ago, kkerry said:

In Bangkok NPE (Zeer g.flr) have it, saw it only yesterday. If you Google Kloud Canned Air Dust Remover 220ml you will find it sold online in Thailand.

http://www.mynpe.com/mynpe/more.php?data=892921502009&quantity=$quan&c=$data

image.png.487e2cdf470ccc27cff3b3d245d9d01c.png

Thanks for that. There are a number of brands available on-line. I was hoping to find some locally as I need it tonight.

Guess I'll hit the street again. Maybe I'll get lucky today. It's strange, most places I've been to already seemed to indicate it has been out of stock for a very long time.

Thanks for the replies. I was at Amorn a few days ago looking for some and left my number in case any came in. Yesterday afternoon I got a call from Amorn that one box of stock had come in yesterday. I went down there last night and picked up 2 cans. Rather pricey at 250 Baht for 220 ml.!

I find it helps not to eat anything while using the computer because the crumbs get into the keyboard and that attracts the little ants.  I think they come in through the poorly sealed window next to my desk.  

Periodic vacuuming of my keyboard with the brush attachment of the vacuum keeps both the crumbs and the ants under control.  

As has been mentioned the chalk will keep them away but if you want a permanent solution you can buy a powder (forget the brand name) which you sprinkle around where the ants track, they will take it back to their nest and it will exterminate all of them in time.Bought years back  from Global House or Home Pro I think

I was sceptical at first and our home when we first moved in was being overun with small black  ants. 

Obviously had many nests in places we could not find.

Blowing them away or spraying pesticide seems only a short time fix and the latter not really very healthy.