What do I need to bring with me to Bangkok Immigration to extend for another month?

I'm on a double entry visa. The first part of it ends this Sunday, but I'm going to immigration in Bangkok on Friday so I can get the one month extension. What do I need to bring so I can make this as smooth as possible? This is the first time that I've done this so it's a little confusing to me.

1. I've heard that there is a form that I would need to fill out? What is this form called so I can download and complete it before I go to immigration.

2. How much is this going to cost me?

3. How many forms of ID?

4. Ive heard that it's a good idea to bring $10k baht in cash so you can show immigration that you are truly a tourist and you can support yourself? Is this true? I use my CC all the time and I really don't want to walk around with a lot of cash. Can I just show immigration my credit cards?

5. Should I purchase a departing ticket out of Thailand? Do I really need this? The thing is I'm in the process of finding work and I really don't want to waste my time and money on a ticket that I will probably not need.

I'm sorry if I'm being redundant as I've asked this question before. I'd just like to be prepared.

Thanks.

Edited by benj005

Extension costs Bt 1,900. You only need 2 pictures copies of relevant passport pages, and departure card.

Thanks Paz. I remember you helped me last week. lol, sorry for asking again, I have been getting nervous as the day approaches.

1. What about a form? Is there a form that I should download and fill out before I head to immigration?

2. What about my other questions about bringing in a plane ticket or cash to show that I am a tourist and I can support myself? Do I need to worry about this or should I just do what you initially said? Bring Bt 1,900 and 2 pics of relevant passport pages, and departure card.

BTW, the departure card is the white paper that they fold and staple in your passport, correct?

Thanks again.

The form is waiting for you at immigration.

You don't need to show any ticket or money.

The departure card is that paper that says -hmm- departure card.

Thanks Paz.

I found the departure card. It was stapled to my passport.

It's not filled out. Should I fill this out before I go to immigration on Friday? I don't know when I'm leaving though. That's the problem. After this extension is used up I plan to cross the border so I can activate the 2nd entry. Hopefully, I can find work and avoid crossing the border.

Thanks again.

I did a 7 day extension today (I entered on a 30-day visa exempt). UbonJoe's help on another thread was the key to my smooth and succesful experience today, thanks again Joe. I needed one passport size photo to afix to the form. I carry those photos with me, but you can also get them made downstairs at the Immigration building. You will also need a photocopy of the 'ID page' of your passport, as well as a photocopy of the entry stamp in your passport and the departure card. Photocopies are also available downstairs at Immigration for 2 baht each. The form is available at Immigration and easy to fill out - have your hotel address with you, as you need to enter it on the form. There is a seven-eleven and other food available down stairs and the entire operation to me seemed well organised and well run.

It has been reported that after the 29th you will be able to get an extension of 30 days on a 30-day visa waiver (visa exempt).

Edited by xray

Hi.

I have a 60day tourist visa from the uk for Thailand, can I get a 30 day extension in Pattaya or do I have to go to Bangkok?

I have also heard they are bringing in a 90 visa fees free for Europeans soon says the Samui Times till November. Anyone know when?

Thanks in advance!

Charlie...

Edited by charliewolf

Hi.

I have a 60day tourist visa from the uk for Thailand, can I get a 30 day extension in Pattaya or do I have to go to Bangkok?

I have also heard they are bringing in a 90 visa fees free for Europeans soon says the Samui Times till November. Anyone know when?

Thanks in advance!

Charlie...

You can get it in Pattaya or any other immigration office as long as you have a local addres to put on the application form.

Hi.

Thanks in advance!

Charlie...

You can get it in Pattaya or any other immigration office as long as you have a local addres to put on the application form.

Thanks Mate.

How you ever made it this far is well OH I don't know but the departure card is just what it says; it means when you leave the LOS; just leave it blank in your PP until someone tells you how to fill it out before you leave Thailand. good luck I hope you never have a serious visa issue here

The form is waiting for you at immigration.

You don't need to show any ticket or money.

The departure card is that paper that says -hmm- departure card.

Thanks Paz.

I found the departure card. It was stapled to my passport.

It's not filled out. Should I fill this out before I go to immigration on Friday? I don't know when I'm leaving though. That's the problem. After this extension is used up I plan to cross the border so I can activate the 2nd entry. Hopefully, I can find work and avoid crossing the border.

Thanks again.

How you ever made it this far is well OH I don't know but the departure card is just what it says; it means when you leave the LOS; just leave it blank in your PP until someone tells you how to fill it out before you leave Thailand. good luck I hope you never have a serious visa issue here

In a perfect progression, OP went to his Embassy instead of Immigration for renewal.

I did a 7 day extension today (I entered on a 30-day visa exempt). UbonJoe's help on another thread was the key to my smooth and succesful experience today, thanks again Joe. I needed one passport size photo to afix to the form. I carry those photos with me, but you can also get them made downstairs at the Immigration building. You will also need a photocopy of the 'ID page' of your passport, as well as a photocopy of the entry stamp in your passport and the departure card. Photocopies are also available downstairs at Immigration for 2 baht each. The form is available at Immigration and easy to fill out - have your hotel address with you, as you need to enter it on the form. There is a seven-eleven and other food available down stairs and the entire operation to me seemed well organised and well run.

It has been reported that after the 29th you will be able to get an extension of 30 days on a 30-day visa waiver (visa exempt).

Have you a thread to how to fill the form in please, I cant understand the bit after putting the passport number in...

Many thanks.

• 5 months later...

Re the above I'm on a double entry(60+60)is it possible to extend the second 60 day visa BEFORE it has started? Although in my case the first one runs out in 4 days. I know I have to leave the country anyway but I would like the certainty of knowing I got the extension sorted beforehand thanks

Re the above I'm on a double entry(60+60)is it possible to extend the second 60 day visa BEFORE it has started? Although in my case the first one runs out in 4 days. I know I have to leave the country anyway but I would like the certainty of knowing I got the extension sorted beforehand thanks

You cannot of do a 30 day extension of stay for a 60 day entry you don't have yet.

You will not have a problem getting the extension for your next entry.