I thought this was the land of smiles!

benj005

I thought Thais like to smile. This is what I've seen on travel brochures. Come visit the land of smiles! Well it's not all sunshine and roses fellas,

I was in Amazon Coffee yesterday purchasing a cappuccino for my girlfriend and I. The girl serving us had a sourpuss on her face. No smiles. Nothing.

She then slammed our coffees on the table, and gave me a smirk. If I wanted sh*tty service I'd go back to America. Obviously, I have met some wonderful Thais. The sour pusses are the people that I tend to remember though.

Do you guys agree, or do you think it's just my imagination?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even in Thailand it is possible for 1 out of 63,000,000 to have a bad day now and then

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

That's true. I guess I should just let it go.

Still it just wasn't this girl. I've had rude service when I was shopping in the Bangkok Mall last week.

Maybe Thais are truly becoming more westernized? :(

When I was in South Korea the service was normally outstanding, Much better than what I've experienced in Thailand so far.

Even in Thailand it is possible for 1 out of 63,000,000 to have a bad day now and then

Still it just wasn't this girl. I've had rude service when I was shopping in the Bangkok Mall last week.

Maybe Thais are truly becoming more westernized? sad.png

When I was in South Korea the service was normally outstanding, Much better than what I've experienced in Thailand so far.

perhaps your attitude invites this rudeness?

• Like 1

Maybe Thais are truly becoming more westernized? sad.png

perhaps your attitude invites this rudeness?
I'm being honest. I didn't have an attitude. I must of said thank you at least 3 times. Yes, she spoke English so she knew what I was saying.

I'm just going to chalk it up to having a bad day.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

agree about what? that you managed to run into an angry person in a country of 70 million? okay, i agree. so what?

pfff in less than 10 minutes the country population jumped from 63 to 70 millions people, these thai must foooking like rabbit

and then there are the folks who are so eager to make a smartcrack they dont have time to a little research! lol

Thailand Population 2014

thailand.jpg

Despite the official figures, the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs suggests that with unregistered individuals added to the final total, the Thailand population in 2014 is actually nearer 70 million. It's estimated there are 2.2 million illegal and legal migrants in Thailand, including many expatriates from developed countries like the United States.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

agree about what? that you managed to run into an angry person in a country of 70 million? okay, i agree. so what?

pfff in less than 10 minutes the country population jumped from 63 to 70 millions people, these thai must foooking like rabbit

and then there are the folks who are so eager to make a smartcrack they dont have time to a little research! lol

Thailand Population 2014

thailand.jpg

Despite the official figures, the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs suggests that with unregistered individuals added to the final total, the Thailand population in 2014 is actually nearer 70 million. It's estimated there are 2.2 million illegal and legal migrants in Thailand, including many expatriates from developed countries like the United States.

2.2 million illegal farang overstayers , sounds about right cheesy.gif

• Like 2

Thailand Population 2014

thailand.jpg

well if you add legal and illegal immigrant in your number, you should add as well 26 millions of touristswhistling.gif

From now officially thailand has a population of 96 millions peoplestongue.png (thanks to AyJadee)

well if you add legal and illegal immigrant in your number, you should add as well 26 millions of touristswhistling.gif

From now officially thailand has a population of 96 millions peoplestongue.png (thanks to AyJadee)

tourists are not permanent inhabitants nor are they all in the country at the same time. after you familiarize yourself with google, may I suggest trying a dictionary?

• Like 1

tourists are not permanent inhabitants nor are they all in the country at the same time. after you familiarize yourself with google, may I suggest trying a dictionary?

may i suggest you read again the OP message, he did run in "trouble" with a thai waistress, not with an illegal burmesewhistling.gif

So far there is 67 millions of them, but not sure if they all work as waitertongue.png

may i suggest you read again the OP message, he did run in "trouble" with a thai waistress, not with an illegal burmesewhistling.gif

So far there is 67 millions of them, but not sure if they all work as waitertongue.png

Its getting worse. surely you can google "dictionary"??

Its getting worse. surely you can google "dictionary"??

google told me, to tell you there are only 67 millions thai in thailand

• Like 2