Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda Festival Inle Lake - Dates!

KVJ

I'm having a frustrating experience trying to pin down exact dates for this festival so I can book my trip. Basically we can either be at Inle Lake from either the 12-15th Oct or 10th to 22nd Oct. Obviously I want to chose the dates that will best fit in with this gig but I can't for the life of me get accurate dates.

If anyone can give any clarity on this will be extremely grateful.

Yup, can see why you're frustrated, its all over the place.

Best I can see is 24th September to 11th October from several sites, but there are others sprouting different dates.

Suggestions:

1.  Contact Myanmar2Go, they are a Yangon based travel agency and might be able to help, there should be a contact link on the page.

2.  Contact the government tourist organization, Myanmar Travel and Tours

Let us know how you get on!

From the government's festival site, this is probably the most accurate* but you'll need a Myanmar calendar to translate it (1st Waxing to 3rd Waning Day of Thadingyut)

Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda Festival

Date : 1st Waxing to 3rd Waning Day of Thadingyut
Duration : 18 days

Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda is one of the famous principal pagodas which houses five Boddha images. This pagoda is the main attraction of Inlay Lake and is situated in the middle of the lake. Thousands of people from communities aroung the lake and villages in the surrounding mountains carry fruits and flowers on lacquer trays in their own boats and pay homage as the holy barge passes. Teams of the lake's famous one-legged-rowers compete in annual boat races.