Winds of change ?

swissie

A few things have changed in my corner of the sticks since we had a change of government.

- Massive "Resort-Projects", awfully close to government land with no papers have come to a standstill.

- Mini-Bus service to BKK, has finally resumed operations, after having to get proper license and passenger insurance.

- Local Police has now 1 officer on motorbike, patrolling the streets from sunrise to sunset. 

- The local elite (including all the village-chiefs), are deeply disturbed by the fact, that all "government-money" received, must now be explained as to what purpose it was used. Unheard of. What's this world coming too? Having to explain what was done with government-money?

Possibly this may put an end to paving roads to some "important people", living isolated 5 KM outside of the village in their mansions, while the village main-street is still a dirt road.

Similar observations in your neck of the woods?

Cheers.

Not sure if relevant (we're not in Isaan), but last week Wifey signed a paper allegedly entitling us to a FREE digital TV box (not just a voucher).

A gift from the local headman (perhaps he suddenly needs to account for some cash), we shall see if it ever materialises.

Damn, no more free beer from competing candidates in the run-up to village boss elections. I found those to be a fascinating recreation of 19th Century England's "Rotten Boroughs".

Probably a reduced interest in pre-national election village parties too. No point in all the cuties coming back from Bangkok/Pattaya/Phuket to see mama (and collect their 2,000 baht pay-offs) either.

Da_mn these squaddies - such spoilsportssmile.png

Edited by SantiSuk

In my neck of the woods, Maha Sarakham, the army tries to clean up the illegal gambling. And the local police is now mostly taking care of the traffic. If this keeps up I think that someone is gonna be mighty angry because they are gonna loose a huge amount of money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXCGnTy-v2M

This year was the first time in 16 years that I actually had to take both my truck and motorbike to the inspection station to have it checked before I could renew the licenses.  In the past my insurance agent handled all of the "paperwork" but they were never inspected.

They've actually paved the road through the village crossroads which is a big mistake as the blacktop that they used is already full of pot holes and they can no longer come in with a grader and gravel to "fix" the road and they don't have the money to do it right now that they have already done it wrong.

There's a nice shortcut to my workplace. The road was always full with potholes, not too long ago they started to "fix' it.

The only problem I've got with it is that it has to be redone almost every week. That goes on now for about seven times.

Why do they not get it, that they have to use proper material? 

There's a nice shortcut to my workplace. The road was always full with potholes, not too long ago they started to "fix' it.

The only problem I've got with it is that it has to be redone almost every week. That goes on now for about seven times.

Why do they not get it, that they have to use proper material? 

I hear that for every millimetre saved in the road surface, this equated to 10% of the cost going into someone's pocket, but 99.875% of statistics are b****cks.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Damn, no more free beer from competing candidates in the run-up to village boss elections. I found those to be a fascinating recreation of 19th Century England's "Rotten Boroughs".

Probably a reduced interest in pre-national election village parties too. No point in all the cuties coming back from Bangkok/Pattaya/Phuket to see mama (and collect their 2,000 baht pay-offs) either.

Some of them will come back with a foreigner who builds a big house,buys some cars, gold, the usual stuff....

Then they become Phujaibaahn....cheesy.gif

Some of them will come back with a foreigner who builds a big house,buys some cars, gold, the usual stuff....

Then they become Phujaibaahn....cheesy.gif

Business as usual you mean? He-he. crazy.gif