• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordinary visa goes back ot becoming a Business visas

goes in effect Oct 1st

not now

expect long term extensions to climb to over $325 soon after. Plus u will need get a wp for $100

I expect the ordinary visa to emerge for those retired an not seeking work or wokring.

goes in effect Oct 1st

not now

expect long term extensions to climb to over $325 soon after. Plus u will need get a wp for $100

I expect the ordinary visa to emerge for those retired an not seeking work or wokring.

Good to know, but won't the same system of only two visa types continue even after Oct 1st? Or are you saying that there will be three visa types (tourist, business and ordinary) after then? Or just that there will be a name change of the ordinary to become business?

OK so things will become a little more expensive but that's OK.

goes in effect Oct 1st

not now

Good to know, but won't the same system of only two visa types continue even after Oct 1st? Or are you saying that there will be three visa types (tourist, business and ordinary) after then? Or just that there will be a name change of the ordinary to become business?

OK so things will become a little more expensive but that's OK.

Sadly, Richard claims to know what the Cambodian government does not. It has been indicated that there may be a new class of visa that isn't an ordinary visa - when that visa gets introduced no-one has any idea. There has been no statement regarding increases in long-term visa fees whatsoever. The ordinary visa was once a business visa and it's unlikely to revert to class.

• Like 1

Yes there will be ( at this time) only 2 visas

Ordinary visa return to being called the business visa

Tourist visa.

I am NOT CLAIMING anything

only what i think (expect) will happen

ie an ordinary visa will be brought in for those not interested in working.yet looking for a 1 year extension.

as to the long term

current ordinary visa is $25 which allows you to extend for up to 1 year for another ( apx ) $285

you seriously think that they will raise this visa to $35 yet leave the 1 year extension at $285

Reaper; get real!!! you never have an idea or opinion?

Edited by phuketrichard

Tourist visa.

ie an ordinary visa will be brought in for those not interested in working.yet looking for a 1 year extension.

as to the long term

current ordinary visa is $25 which allows you to extend for up to 1 year for another ( apx ) $285

you seriously think that they will raise this visa to $35 yet leave the 1 year extension at $285

I'm of the opinion that if they actually start enforcing the work permit - they won't need to touch long-term visa fees. I do think they'll change the visa system at some point in the future but this being Cambodia that could be a long way off. Otherwise; there's nothing on the cards for fee increases at all - don't you think they'd have announced all the rises together if they were going to do so?

Tourist visa.

as to the long term

I'm of the opinion that if they actually start enforcing the work permit - they won't need to touch long-term visa fees. I do think they'll change the visa system at some point in the future but this being Cambodia that could be a long way off. Otherwise; there's nothing on the cards for fee increases at all - don't you think they'd have announced all the rises together if they were going to do so?

Anyway, if any of you hear of any confirmation about increases in extension fees it would be good to post it. But if as you, reaper say there is nothing to confirm this, we'll just assume that for newcomers or those whose previous visa extensions expired and were out of the country, the deal is you now have to pay 35 us (up from 25) for an ordinary visa, and around 285 for the 1-year extension (although this fee seems to vary from around 280-293 anyway).

• Like 1

Tourist visa.

as to the long term

Anyway, if any of you hear of any confirmation about increases in extension fees it would be good to post it. But if as you, reaper say there is nothing to confirm this, we'll just assume that for newcomers or those whose previous visa extensions expired and were out of the country, the deal is you now have to pay 35 us (up from 25) for an ordinary visa, and around 285 for the 1-year extension (although this fee seems to vary from around 280-293 anyway).

Affective October 1.

So Khwaibah, you're saying that as of Oct 1, the extension fees will also be increased for 1-year ordinary visa extensions? If so, by how much?

I'll say to 420 USD for a 365 day visa extension. Thats based on the fact that they go up to 35 USD for a 30 day visa.

Press%20Releas%2014%20Aug.jpg

Edited by khwaibah