Can I Take my dog in a national park ?

kaizoku

It's a shame, but I undestand.

Allright thank you for the information.

It's not because they don't like dogs it's because if they escape they will wreak havoc on the wildlife.

And Thais and dogs isn't often as we would expect it.....The next one comes with 2 complete untrained rottweiler and let them have fun in the park.

Restricted Areas

The only existing law for restricted areas applies to National Parks, although rules affecting Bangkok are in the process of being introduced. A person is not allowed to enter a National Park with a domestic animal. However, a park ranger may give permission to enter the park depending on individual circumstances.

Pets & Animals in Thailand

It's not because they don't like dogs it's because if they escape they will wreak havoc on the wildlife.

how does that work will it kill a few snakes and insects.

Is the dog foreign with a foreign passport? If so you just need to pay extra.

Thai passported dogs go in local price..............lol.

Well I think 2 rottweiler who want to discuss the price may get an discount....

how does that work will it kill a few snakes and insects.

When dogs go wild they form packs and they will kill and eat anything. There are a lot of endangered snakes, reptiles, deer etc. in National Parks. If this rule was not in force I'm sure lots of Thais would dump their dogs and cats there.

I've taken my dog to a few national parks, so the rules are not the same for every park. They can clearly see there's a dog in the car when I'm paying the entrance fee and they've still let me in. I do keep my dog on a leash and he wears a harness, not just a collar (and I bring a plastic bag in case he decides to go to the bathroom, so I can pick it up). But they don't know any of this when they let me in, so the rules are obviously not the same for every national park.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Is the dog foreign with a foreign passport? If so you just need to pay extra.

Thai passported dogs go in local price..............lol.

I've a funny feeling my (wife's) Siberian Huskies are on a four year overstay...........................sad.png

The 'Hairy Children' need to do a border run, or are they too late? Gawd dam_n it.

tongue.png

Thai's love their pooches then ban them from going anywhere. National parks and public parks are all out of bounds. Just imagine if you couldn't walk your dogs in the Lake District or North Yorks Moors probably civil war. We can walk our dogs around the compound on which we live but just meet other Farangs. Thai's have dogs but apparently dont walk them. This is the issue why regulate to allow it when they can't be bothered anyway. Maybe though if they asked their pooches what they wanted things maybe different.

We saw several well mannered dogs in the National Park/Waterfall near Chiang Mai last weekend.

They all "did the rounds" of people having a picnic lunch, waited a POLITE distance and were all rewarded with some left overs prior to the people packing up, depositing their rubbish in the bins provided and departing. The dogs didn't try to take food from the bins. As I said, well mannered Thai Dogs.

So thank you for the advices.

I'm happy I haven't take my dog as they were sign clearly showing that dogs are not allowed.

Next time you see a sign not allowing something please feel free to ask for advice.

• 3 years later...