Hua Hin authorities conduct beach-cleaning efforts

webfact

Hua-Hin authorities conduct beach-cleaning efforts

PRACHUAP KHIRI KHAN, 18 August 2014 (NNT) - Authorities from Hua-Hin Municipality have declared today as the “D-Day” to clean-up the beach areas at Hua-Hin.

Vendors and food stall owners at Hua-Hin have started to gradually move out of the beach areas yesterday evening. They were also assisted by soldiers who helped pack up their belongings in order to relocate their shops and stalls elsewhere.

The beach clean-up is part of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO)’s agenda to reorganize the tourist beach areas to make them less congested.

Following the move, authorities have also scheduled a “Big Cleaning Day” in order to return the beaches to their natural state and ensure that restaurant and food stall owners keep their food prices fair to prevent tourists from being overcharged.

Vendors who wish to continue operating their businesses in the beach area must strictly abide by the new rules set by the NCPO.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-08-18 footer_n.gif

i think they should start in china then ......because the current is comming from china direct to the thai cost......the boats trough everything at the sea. motor oil , plastic etc etc ....so what are they going to do about this?

ok...the beach have to be clean ... and? ....but the water is grey and filthy like hell ...i have seen it with my proper eyes.

i think thailand should speak with his big neibours to get a compromise about this matter instead of educating the children from school to spend their time to clean rubbish for hours as i also saw it with my own eyes in hua hin ....few yearsb ago

coffee1.gif

• Like 1

What never-never land does the author of this story live in when he writes: "They were also assisted by soldiers who helped pack up their belongings in order to relocate their shops and stalls elsewhere." Does he actually think the vendors have such places to move to, and will then continue with life the way it was before? Or does he just not think?

Rhetorical question. No answer needed.

is this the start of modernism in a "quality" Thailand

Or just the calm before the storm -

the gradual "Return to Type"

I cannot believe the psyche of Thailand will change for generations.

And I'm sure Most people in Thailand don't want to be too "ordered"

In many "civilised" countries, they have reached a consesous of order, through wars

and parental proaganda of the "correct" behaviour, where cowardly acts are considered,

acts against the family and country.

Democracy is a right but not if it's bought or bribed

Edited by Maroon Watcher

What never-never land does the author of this story live in when he writes: "They were also assisted by soldiers who helped pack up their belongings in order to relocate their shops and stalls elsewhere." Does he actually think the vendors have such places to move to, and will then continue with life the way it was before? Or does he just not think?

Rhetorical question. No answer needed.

Of course, the usual trolls infesting the TVF that have nothing to do but nitpick on the news source. Obviously, you're the type of guy who feels good finding faults in others without looking at your own imperfections.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with the sentence. It seems like a direct translation from another Thai news article that is simply informing that the soldiers are helping the vendors move their belongings such as tents and chairs, so that they can set up their stands elsewhere other than the beach area.

Maybe you're the one not thinking, Herbal Ed. The vendors aren't allowed to occupy the beach areas any longer but it doesn't mean the Army has prohibited them from selling their products at a different location. Get a life.