BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Chiang Mai anti-drug police chief arrested in Chiang Rai for drug delivery

I'd love to see this guy who abused a position of trust and power made an example of. This is a good time and chance to do just that. To tell crooked police that they are going to get jailed if they deal in drugs and start to clean up the filth.

Maybe even some officers above him should roll as an example?

Unfortunately, he will probably just skip across the border and get looked after there then the next guy will jump into his place, the lure of money and power is all too great unless he hangs of course.

• Like 1

What you have seen here is a person deviating from the long established system. This happens from time to time and they are rated on. His big debts were obviously the reason he did this. This big, big business has been going on for 70 years and they are not going to allow people take a cut and run. Precursor made in China, shipped to Burma and finished product sent to Chiang Rai for further transport. There are lots of local small dealers here who are allowed to have this territory with payment. It fits into their extra income after growing Yingluck rice. There are no poor people in Chiang Rai.

• Like 1

That's what happens when you become greedy and do not share the spoils with your work colleagues.

I would bet my bottom dollar that other police officers and Politicians are doing the same thing.

Wow. Didn't see this one coming. Maybe I need to check my medication levels.

Not really a surprise. Police are deeply involved in the drug trade all over Thailand. On both sides of the fence - investigation and dealing or at least controlling the dealers.

Not just Thailand, all over the world the police see the money being made by the dealers and some can succumb to temptation.

Police corruption isn't just a Thai thing.

• Like 2

He is a dead man already. If everything goes well he will receive capital punishment and if not, 3 Mio Baht is peanuts against the 100 Mio he owns now to his drug dealer friends.

That's make absolute sense, the cat that was suppose to guard the milk...

It is shocking news. I hope CAPO will clean up the criminal police officers, and save Thai's from the victims of the drug abuse. First thing they should give the power to the Army to check the police vehicles.

• Like 1

I am amazed that the cops at the checkpoint actually searched a MR BIG COP car.....obviously he pissed off somebody that was MR BIGGER.

The Mai Sai guys.

Good to see some of these scumbags getting caught but only effective if the punishment fits the crime.

So much of the corruption that besets this country is as a result of police involvement either directly or indirectly. A major factor in providing "happiness for the people" would be to "sanitize" the RTP.

• Like 1

He guys !

He have just seiced the narcotics from some dealer which escaped,

and he were now just on the way back to his office to report and record the sucess !! :-))

As alluded too by another poster, my missus tells me from the Thai news that this arrest was indeed instigated by the army, and one can assume that they (the military) do indeed have the power to man border control points and search whoever they want too. I trust that this individual will be brought to trial and observers will be wondering what sentence will be handed down.