BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Chiang Mai anti-drug police chief arrested in Chiang Rai for drug delivery

Whenever I read about an arrest like this, I always have trouble deciding between believing:

a. this criminal was arrested because he was breaking the law by people who actually want to enforce the law.

or

b. this criminal was arrested because he pissed off or otherwise was at odds with bigger and more influential criminals.

I usually end up leaning toward believing B.

The possibilities are certainly numerous.

However, I hope this housecleaning is a genuine A selection.

Whenever I read about an arrest like this, I always have trouble deciding between believing:

a. this criminal was arrested because he was breaking the law by people who actually want to enforce the law.

or

b. this criminal was arrested because he pissed off or otherwise was at odds with bigger and more influential criminals.

I usually end up leaning toward believing B.

The possibilities are certainly numerous.

However, I hope this housecleaning is a genuine A selection.

Most likely it was a combination of both A -and- B.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Some things never change and never will. Too much money involved.

so true..... this is not an isolated incident. This is how prohibition works....Same all round the world. Anyone who thinks it's gonna change is delusional.
Change is no delusion IMO.

The faces, names and circumstances change. What remains static are those that do what is easy, illegal and immoral. The tune they dance to is a quick step to "The dark side".

I prefer to pay my way, obey the law and avoid those that don't.

Think, Think, Think.

I just realised he didn't even bother to conceal it, say in a door or something like that. Even drove it himself, must of thought he was untouchable, not effort to mitigate risk at all.

Damn what a feeling that must of been!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You can almost bet this guy was the sacrifice for bigger dealers up the ladder. I bet they transport it over the border buy pulley system to waiting Van driven by local cop.

I do wonder if this same arrested drug-trafficking officer had arrested small-time dealers in his area?

I am amazed that the cops at the checkpoint actually searched a MR BIG COP car.....obviously he pissed off somebody that was MR BIGGER.

I am no expert but my guess is that the vast majority of drug busts come more as a result of tip offs or "turn the other way" bribes being paid late than they do diligent investigative work.

This guy can cover his ass by saying it must have been planted in his car by somebody who wanted to bring him down which could well be true and could also be related to why his car was searched in the first place.