New Airport

My question relates to how the opening of the new airport will affect passengers who arrive in bkk on an international flight and want to get on a domestic flight upon arrival.

We will be flying from JFK to Bangkok arriving on November 12, 2006 (TG 791) at 17:00

We would like to take the 18:35 flight from Bangkok to Phitsanulok (Thai air flight # 168)

How will the opening of the new airport affect these flights? Will the international flight (JFK-BKK) arrive at the new airport? If so, will we have to fly out of Dong Muang for the domestic flight?

I'm hoping that we will not have to travel from one airport to the next to get on our domestic flight.

:o

Thanks in advance!

My question relates to how the opening of the new airport will affect passengers who arrive in bkk on an international flight and want to get on a domestic flight upon arrival.

We will be flying from JFK to Bangkok arriving on November 12, 2006 (TG 791) at 17:00

We would like to take the 18:35 flight from Bangkok to Phitsanulok (Thai air flight # 168)

How will the opening of the new airport affect these flights? Will the international flight (JFK-BKK) arrive at the new airport? If so, will we have to fly out of Dong Muang for the domestic flight?

I'm hoping that we will not have to travel from one airport to the next to get on our domestic flight.

:o

Thanks in advance!

This question has been asked several times in various guises, the general opinion is "so many different options have been cited over the past months, who really knows?" :D

My current take is that the entire operation will move to Suvarnabhumi. In fact I understand that the authorities are going to do a Hong Kong style overnight move!!

I was in HK for the opening of CLK (we were building the airport railway), day 1 was a nightmare, nothing worked despite months of testing. Heaven only knows what Suvarnabhumi is going to be like (definately no airport railway though).

No one can answer those questions just yet with any accuracy. Best to wait a bit . Sept 28 will tell you a lot.

As your flights are both with Thai you would hope they are both connecting at the same airport.

I know its frustrating but what can you do. Keep in contact with your local Thai office.