Norwegian Chiropractor arrested by Pattaya Immigration Police

webfact

Norwegian Chiropractor arrested by Pattaya Immigration Police

norway-4.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Tuesday afternoon, Immigration Officers conducted an undercover operation at a Chiropractor Clinic in Jomtien which was allegedly being run by a Norwegian who was not licensed to practice in Thailand and had no permit to Work.

The operation centered around the “Back in Motion” Clinic, located on the Second Floor of a shop-house on the Thepprasit Road close to the entrance of Soi 10 which was reportedly run by Mr. Vincens Steen aged 37 from Norway.

An undercover foreign operative was used to purchase a treatment from Mr. Steen who was then arrested by Immigration Officers and taken to the Chonburi Immigration Office in Soi 5 off Jomtien Beach Road.

In addition intravenous drugs were seized at the location and taken into evidence.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/140499/norwegian-chiropractor-arrested-by-pattaya-immigration-police/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-08-20

• Like 1

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Norwegian arrested for operating a clinic without a licence

8-19-2014-10-57-53-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A Norwegian national was arrested in Chon Buri by immigration police for opening a clinic and providing treatment without a licence.

Police raided the clinic which is located on the second floor of a shophouse in Tambon Nong Peue, Banglamung district of Chon Buri and found the Norwegian, identified as Vincent Stoltenizersteen, in the clinic.

The suspect claimed that he was a former medical student and used to work with the therapists of a wellknown soccer team in Thailand. But he could not produce any licence to operate the clinic to the police.

His passport also showed that the suspect entered Thailand with a student’s visa, said police.

Also found in the clinic were several medicines for pain relief and inflammation.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/norwegian-arrested-operating-clinic-without-licence/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-08-20

• Like 1

I believe only certain nationalities are allowed to practice chiropractic or there's an association that must give clearance.

Vince mentioned once he couldn't afford the "optional" clearance gift.

• Like 2

I know a Chiropractor from Hawaii that looked into the possibility of opening a clinic here. He found out that it was far too difficult for him to do it legally, bordering on impossible. Too bad, I for one would appreciate getting an adjustment once in awhile. Have never found one worth anything legally working in Thailand.

• Like 1

Undercover foreign operative? They are really getting clever now.

If this Vince guy is as good as people say he is he should be able to find a way to sort out this mess he's in now, clear his fines, and come back. If he finds a Thai partner who is is licensed and accredited it wouldn't be too difficult to get a work permit.

• Like 1

Mark Leoni in Bangkok is a fine chiro. I highly recommend him - thailandchiropractor.com

Leesgems, Mark Leoni told me several years ago about how difficult it was to practise legally in Thailand. But it was not impossible, and the rewards were worth it. I haven't seen Mark for a long time, but I believe he is a very happy and contented man with his lot.

• Like 2

This seems counter productive since there is a strong need for this type of service and the people that can do it are very rare in Thailand. Falong could be able to help Thais in many occupations but the work permits are so difficult to get. I do not imagine that any Thai will step in to fill the void created by putting a Chiropractor out of business.

Do you suggest that laws should be broken?

Are you sure you are a suitable resident of Thailand?

• Like 1

This seems counter productive since there is a strong need for this type of service and the people that can do it are very rare in Thailand. Falong could be able to help Thais in many occupations but the work permits are so difficult to get. I do not imagine that any Thai will step in to fill the void created by putting a Chiropractor out of business.

Was he a qualified Chiropractor?

Do you suggest that laws should be broken?

Are you sure you are a suitable resident of Thailand?

Settle down, sunshine, I don't believe he is saying that laws should be broken, just the loss of a valuable service. Vincens was working illegally, as tatsujin says above, it's as simple as that. So he is being duly punished.

• Like 1

If he was qualified then he should have set up the business legally. There are foreign doctors in Thailand operating within the law. The only one being counter-productive, assuming he was qualified at all, was him. Can you just picture all the righteous indignation here at the hub of counter-productive pontificating if he "treated" someone and caused irreparable damage and it was found out that he wasn't licensed to practice?

Your argument that someone who is operating illegally should be allowed to continue makes absolutely no sense and Thais have a perfectly adequate system for training and licensing medical practitioners without the need for itinerant farang to hold them by the hand. Can you imagine what would happen if some fully qualified Thai doctor opened a clinic in Norway without bothering with any of the legal requirements? Presumably even if this guy was qualified in Norway he wouldn't just rent a storefront shop and start treating people without some licensing procedure.

Falong could be able to help Thais

Simply because they're farang, I suppose. The need for sunscreen must imply omniscience.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

Was he a qualified Chiropractor?

He was obviously not qualified to practice in Thailand without obtaining the required documentation... no matter how magical his fingers might have been.

Edited by Suradit69

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

deleted post

In your eyes does that include the western individual/NGOs and agencies working with Thai authorities to try to capture and prosecute child sex traffickers, endangered species dealers etc etc

• Like 1