Norwegian Chiropractor arrested by Pattaya Immigration Police

webfact

'I am a certified chiropractor with all the qualifications"

"I am a physical education teacher having a master degree in physical education and a serious cyclist" -

It wouldn't matter if you had a nobel prize for healthcare, the fact remains that Chiropractic is not based on any provable or testable theory and has NEVER shown any benefits under peer reviewed scrutiny apart from some lower back benefits that are attainable by normal scientific methods

I would choose Vince , who is a certified chiropractor after 5 years of education, anytime over one of the massage shops in Thailand with unskilled workers where you could risk to really get a bad back injury. Most chiropractors knows excactly what theyre doing , you can ask anyone with a bad back, after 1 hour treatment I was free of pains, I could barely walk before I went to the chiropractor.

• Like 1

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I am a physical education teacher having a master degree in physical education and a serious cyclist" -

It wouldn't matter if you had a nobel prize for healthcare, the fact remains that Chiropractic is not based on any provable or testable theory and has NEVER shown any benefits under peer reviewed scrutiny apart from some lower back benefits that are attainable by normal scientific methods

I would choose Vince , who is a certified chiropractor after 5 years of education, anytime over one of the massage shops in Thailand with unskilled workers where you could risk to really get a bad back injury. Most chiropractors knows excactly what theyre doing , you can ask anyone with a bad back, after 1 hour treatment I was free of pains, I could barely walk before I went to the chiropractor.

Do YOU believe in"subluxations"??? How can anyone do does know exactly what they are doing as their whole basis for diagnosis is nonsense.

Edited by wilcopops

"5 years of education" - education or indoctrination?

The suggestion that Thai massage is no good, even dangerous is correct, but it doesn't in anyway present a justification of Chiropractic which is also totally without science.

I am no doctor or scientist, and have never read any reports which say the art is good, bad or dangerous. However, I do know many people who have been helped by chiropractors after being given up on by doctors.

Might I ask you if you have problems with people feeling better?

• Like 1

People keep claiming "results" for chiropractic, but in reality their is NO hard EVIDENCE to support their claims

Well good luck in the future when your back gets injured and you meet with the doctors at the hospital but they could only give you some painkillers. Then you want to try anything to get better. Especially you want to try a chiropractor.

So far I see two main sides here:

People who know him and judge his character and skills to be good,

People who don't know him and judge his character and skills to be bad.

As B Trink used to say: "Manure - Human nature".

There are many sides here probably.

I don't know him but to me the issue isn't about if his skills are bad or good or if his character is good.

He chose to open a business in a foreign country on a student visa..& got caught.

If he had done it on the sly from his home he might have never got caught.

One might disagree with the laws in Thailand..but that isn't the issue either.

Appears from his earlier post his is still in Thailand so immigration didn't deport him.

I'd say he is lucky..he's still able to be here.

He has balls...to open a business & flaunt the laws of a foreign country while he's on a student visa.

He had a good run for as long as it lasted.

Anyone that has sympathy for him & blames Thailand for his self caused predicament needs a shrink not a Chiropractor whistling.gif

• Like 1

People keep claiming "results" for chiropractic, but in reality their is NO hard EVIDENCE to support their claims

Well good luck in the future when your back gets injured and you meet with the doctors at the hospital but they could only give you some painkillers. Then you want to try anything to get better. Especially you want to try a chiropractor.

As with Chiropractic make wild assumptions about other posters. - It would seem that your facile argument illustrates quite clearly the kind of thinking that is unable to see why Chiropractic is unsupportable as a therapy.

IF I have a problem with a practitioner of science-based medicine, I don't run around looking for the nearest quack, I get another science based practitioner to look at the problem.

Remember...you don't see faith healers working in hospitals for the same reason you don't see psychics winning the lottery.

Edited by wilcopops

As with Chiropractic make wild assumptions about other posters. - It would seem that your facile argument illustrates quite clearly the kind of thinking that is unable to see why Chiropractic is unsupportable as a therapy.

IF I have a problem with a practitioner of science-based medicine, I don't run around looking for the nearest quack, I get another science based practitioner to look at the problem.

Remember...you don't see faith healers working in hospitals for the same reason you don't see psychics winning the lottery.

You can talk away all you want but you've probably never experienced pain in your life .

People with back injuries will try anything to get rid of the pain and I know that you would do the same, if you ever experienced the same pain as myself and so many other people that have been treated successfully by chiropractors all over the world. .

Edited by balo

You can talk away all you want but you've probably never experienced pain in your life .

People with back injuries will try anything to get rid of the pain and I know that you would do the same, if you ever experienced the same pain as myself and so many other people that have been treated successfully by chiropractors all over the world. .

No it hasn't - pain has a huge psychological component and some pack problems are treatable temporally or long term by back manipulation. the problem with Chiropractic is that it CLAIMS to help using chiropractic theory but in reality it is normal science based methods that are coincidently coming into play. These of course are available off any medically trained physical manipulation.

Apart from some low-back benefits there are no scientifically documented benefits from chiropractic..........and it has been tested time and time again. There are dangers though..... Are you aware of the documented risks associated with chiropractic - such a stroke?

The fact that you need to go again and again shows that a chronic situation is not being addressed, but it does fill the pockets of your chiropractic.

people with chronic illnesses get desperate and it is then they turn to non science-based medicine.........a lot of time has been spent researching this and there is NO EVIDENCE to support your claims.

you can't rely on a person who bases his/her healthcare methods on something that doesn't exist.

Edited by wilcopops

Do YOU believe in"subluxations"??? How can anyone do does know exactly what they are doing as their whole basis for diagnosis is nonsense.

I know you have edited this post once already, but I still have no idea what you are trying to say with this sentence.

Chiropractor V Steen chiming in here.

1. To the people saying im unqualified or an amateur, you're all idiots. And unqualified. So I broke the law, sue me! (Get in line).

2. To my patients - Immigration have my phone. Cancel all future appointments. I'm so sorry for not being able to notify u all.

3. Thanks to the people who have dealt with me in the past and spoke their honest opinion.

3. Thai monkey house is not a place u wanna spend any time in. Stay outta trouble guys!

4. I'm going home. It's been real.

V

You're not qualified in Thailand.

What on earth possessed you to start a business and work without a work permit in what I am sure you knew was a protected occupation? I just can't get my mind around this one.

":...you're all idiots. And unqualified. So I broke the law, sue me!"

You sound like an incredibly immature and childish person for a "professional".

• Like 1

1. To the people saying im unqualified or an amateur, you're all idiots. And unqualified. So I broke the law, sue me! (Get in line).

2. To my patients - Immigration have my phone. Cancel all future appointments. I'm so sorry for not being able to notify u all.

3. Thanks to the people who have dealt with me in the past and spoke their honest opinion.

3. Thai monkey house is not a place u wanna spend any time in. Stay outta trouble guys!

V

If you speak like that maybe they should sue you. You were illegal here, you were practicing without a Thai licence which does mean you were not qualified here and apparently if the report is right working on an ED visa a practice which makes ED visas harder to get for those who really qualify for them.

You may be good at what you do but that does not give you the right to do it.

• Like 1

V

Good luck , I wish you a safe return home.

If you decide to come back to Asia , there is a demand for chiropractors in Vietnam and Cambodia.

The laws there are much better for foreigners wanting to start a business.

Still didn't see where he provided his qualifications, did you?

raro writes:

"Those who keep bashing a profession that is harder to learn than regular MD (Dr Leoni in Bangkok has a comparison chart in his office) have apparently no clue what they are talking about."

-It is not a real profession but just another branch of quackery. And it is shameful that you as a so called Global Moderator are using that position to peddle what most medical people (apart from a few cranks) know is fakery.

You are a moderator NOT an advocate;

Using your position to advocate con artists : now that really is unprofessional.

Edited by R123

This seems counter productive since there is a strong need for this type of service and the people that can do it are very rare in Thailand. Falong could be able to help Thais in many occupations but the work permits are so difficult to get. I do not imagine that any Thai will step in to fill the void created by putting a Chiropractor out of business.

so he should be allowed to practice without a license.

Whether or not chiropractic is real or fake does not really matter in this case.

The person in question was living on an ED visa which makes it harder for others to do so. Even worse in this case is that apparently by jumping a few hoops it may have been possible to practice here legally. He was apparently running a full practice so it is not even just the case of helping out a few people.

raro writes:

"Those who keep bashing a profession that is harder to learn than regular MD (Dr Leoni in Bangkok has a comparison chart in his office) have apparently no clue what they are talking about."

-It is not a real profession but just another branch of quackery. And it is shameful that you as a so called Global Moderator are using that position to peddle what most medical people (apart from a few cranks) know is fakery.

Using your position to advocate con artists : now that really is unprofessional.

Stupid remarks. In my country chiropractors is finally recognised as health professionals.

Me and several others that I know has been helped a lot through regular sessions with chiropractors when regular doctors could only prescribe strong painkillers.

raro writes:

Stupid remarks. In my country chiropractors is finally recognised as health professionals.

Me and several others that I know has been helped a lot through regular sessions with chiropractors when regular doctors could only prescribe strong painkillers.

No - not stupid remarks - stupid country.

It is a policy of many quack practitioners to get themselves "recognised" by governmental authorities as it "validates" their therapies, which remain without any scientific merit. ​

Those who indulge in Chiropractic really should familiarise themselves of the dangers.........as should authorities that "recognise" such bogus therapies.