Ducati Panigale 899

JonnyF

As has been discussed on a couple of other threads, the Panigale 899 is now available for 749,000 baht in Thailand. Previously it was available only as a full import at 999,999. As a few guys on the forum have ordered the bike, I thought it was worthy of it's own topic.

Here's a few scans from the Ducati Thailand brochure from the BKK bike sale currently running at BITEC, including specs.

NewPicture2_zpsc87e0072.png

spec_zps006879b6.png

NewPicture4_zpsc9dd3d0d.png

• Like 1

I have seen one up close & it is beautiful !

As expected just a beautiful form following function example.

Would love to own one but would never buy one here

Even at 750k baht / $23,500 USD Can't justify the price not to mention I would

always be worried it was being stolen at the condo ;):)

here is one more thread about ducati 899 in TV so better state it here so people can refer that too.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/662175-ducati-899-breaks-cover/

great bike man, congrats.

looks great, performs great, reviews are great and even some say it is a better bike to ride than panigale 1199!

good thing about the bike is it is more road bike and comfy according to reviews but you need to rev it hard.

And what about the heat factor? Is it getting a lot hot in hot countries like other Ducatis and clutch fails etc?

Any problems?

After some reviews and long term impressions from some owners here. i might consider this bike.

Also, does it get extra performance with Termignoni slip on and possible ecu flash and air filter?

Edited by ll2

I think it's natural for guys to compare prices to their home countries, for me I compared this to the UK price and it's almost the same (about 12,500 GBP in the UK and 749,000 is 13,600 GBP so it's about 1000 pounds difference, but I am getting the Termi slipons included so it's about the same. I can live with that especially considering how much more fun I can have with this bike in Thailand compared to the number of speed cameras and terrible weather in the UK.

Given the cost of road tax, insurance, gas, servicing in the UK I'm pretty sure it will be cheaper for me to own this bike in Thailand over the course of 3 years.

101% agree Jonny & I think it would be great here for all the reasons you mention.

Actually I should have clarified the reason why I cannot justify the price & it is more down to

the amount of actual use I get here + the condo thing.

This is the kind of bike I want in my garage back home to ogle at & tinker with constantly

Riding wise since I do not like to tour at all my rides are really 2hours of twisty's & home

So even the bike I have now is parked under cover mostly

Edited by mania

Be aware that the price of 749,000 incl. a full termi is a promotion for the motor sale only. Most likely the price will keep at 749,000 but without the termi slip-on. Also in Thailand ONLY the red version is aviable.

First lot should arrive 2nd week of October. Time to get some pimping parts biggrin.png

here is one more thread about ducati 899 in TV so better state it here so people can refer that too.

looks great, performs great, reviews are great and even some say it is a better bike to ride than panigale 1199!

good thing about the bike is it is more road bike and comfy according to reviews but you need to rev it hard.

And what about the heat factor? Is it getting a lot hot in hot countries like other Ducatis and clutch fails etc?

Any problems?

After some reviews and long term impressions from some owners here. i might consider this bike.

Also, does it get extra performance with Termignoni slip on and possible ecu flash and air filter?

I'd think all those years happily riding the Kawasaki Ninja 250 would have Jonny ok with having to rev out a bike....

Any problems?

Oops I didn't realise there was another dedicated thread, my bad.

As I stated in the 821 thread, owners report it's hot in heavy traffic but I'd expect that from a high performance sports bike, my GSXR has roasted my berries on more than one occasion. More incentive to wear Kevlar!!

Be aware that the price of 749,000 incl. a full termi is a promotion for the motor sale only. Most likely the price will keep at 749,000 but without the termi slip-on. Also in Thailand ONLY the red version is aviable.

First lot should arrive 2nd week of October. Time to get some pimping parts biggrin.png

Yeah the sales girl I dealt with said the Termi will go after the promotion and also the price 'might' increase. But 'not more than 800k'.

Personally I think the price will stay the same.

What pimping parts are you getting?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

First lot should arrive 2nd week of October. Time to get some pimping parts alt=biggrin.png>

Yeah the sales girl I dealt with said the Termi will go after the promotion and also the price 'might' increase. But 'not more than 800k'.

Personally I think the price will stay the same.

What pimping parts are you getting?

no worries. i think a more dedicated thread about this bike is better.

First lot should arrive 2nd week of October. Time to get some pimping parts alt=biggrin.png>

but, dont they out the pipe to get rid of Japanese restriction?

No the 899s are build in LOS according to European specs. There were some jap spec 1199s however ended up in LOS where they throw in the termi as well to get rid of the ugly jap exhaust.

• Like 1

No the 899s are build in LOS according to European specs. There were some jap spec 1199s however ended up in LOS where they throw in the termi as well to get rid of the ugly jap exhaust.

Yep, I got one of my staff to call Ducati yesterday morning before I put the deposit down and he spoke at length to one of the technicians, he emailed me after he got off the phone "DUCATI 899 policy in Thailand is one pattern everywhere, that same spec around the world.".

Ducati quoted me 22,374 for insurance, but they were fine for me to make my own arrangements if I thought it was too expensive. I'm waiting for AA insurance to get back to me with a quote so I can compare it.

I'm paying 10,xxx for my GSXR (again, with AA insurance) but that's a 2005 model so obviously the total loss value of that bike is significantly less. I'll get some more details of the Ducati coverage in the next couple of weeks.

Ducati quoted me 22,374 for insurance, but they were fine for me to make my own arrangements if I thought it was too expensive. I'm waiting for AA insurance to get back to me with a quote so I can compare it.

I'm paying 10,xxx for my GSXR (again, with AA insurance) but that's a 2005 model so obviously the total loss value of that bike is significantly less. I'll get some more details of the Ducati coverage in the next couple of weeks.

Keep us updated as i also think its a little pricey. I can look in my Monster insurance details as it should be basically same coverage (of course higher on the bike) its the one from Ducati.

insurance for 650f is around 9 k for 300 k and it is a special arrangement between Honda and Tokio marine. other insurance companies ask 12 k.

so 22 k for a 750 k bike is totally fine.

Do you know what the delivery timescales are? I originally heard november but they weren't positive in Ducati Phuket when I asked about 2 months ago, they did get the estimated price right.

My friend collected his new 899 a few weeks back (999 price as he didn't want to wait), in white, it's stunning, then he got told he had termis on the way which he did not know were included, it's a fantastic deal now at 749, i've just lost about 150k on my 848 value though, sucks for me! still i'll save 250k when I order one of these compared to the old price, swings and roundabouts!

Edit, just noticed the quote above about 2nd october for an estimate delivery

Edited by B1ade

sorry to nit pic a little jonny fwai.gif ,but at todays rate it converts to 14,000 and if the bht drops to its normal rate of about 50 to the pound its 15,000 gbp,but still its not a bad price for thailand and the added exhaust is a good deal ,done a track day in the uk over the weekend and a bloke had a white one with the full termi ,the bike was getting admiring glances all day smile.png .

congrats on your purchase bet you can't wait for delivery

Was looking into the insurance of of the monster 796 i got from ducati. Its from thaisri; paid a little more than 18k. So 22 not seems too far off.

These are the details

post-77479-14086664177582_thumb.jpg

Was looking into the insurance of of the monster 796 i got from ducati. Its from thaisri; paid a little more than 18k. So 22 not seems too far off.

These are the details

That is a good policy as they value your bike quite fairly.

Seems many here give a low value on Theft but 380 seems quite good/fair on yours

Got 2 additional quotes for the insurance, pretty similar prices to what Ducati are offering...

21,086 from Namseng and 22,650 from Thaisri. Just waiting for Ducati to confirm their coverage before I decide but I'll probably go with Ducati the first year unless the coverage is vastly different.

Anyone know the deal on choosing a number for the bike. I never bothered before but I quite fancy a 'lucky' number on this one. At what stage do you apply for the number?

What is your number? May be cheaper since it might be different than what the locals think its lucky. Just as an example which can be seen on youtube one number was sold for 24000 000 B. But from what I witnessed numbers as 3737, 7373 and the like around 16000 - 20000. Most of them bought online by agents who ll resell them.

I never bothered before but I quite fancy a 'lucky' number on this one.

How about

ไว

Means Swift, Quickly or Fast 899 wink.png

Not enough room for the more often used word for fast reo (เร็ว)

As i think they only use 2 letters

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info mania, I'm not too worried about the letters but I have to admit I was going to go for the slightly predictable number 899. Checked with the girlfriend and she confirmed it had a good meaning although I can't remember exactly why, just that 8 and 9 are lucky numbers I think.

I've seen a few new cars with 4 digit numbers lately though. Not sure if that means 3 digit combinations aren't available?