Ducati Panigale 899

JonnyF

It was a funny coincidence that I did not choose my number

on my bike but it turned out to be my Area Code from where I came

I was a huge fan of the US series 24 around the time I bought my GSXR. I was pretty pleased when I went to view it and noticed the licence plate was also 24. Not needing too much encouragement to buy motorbikes I quickly realized that this was some kind of 'message' for me to buy the bike, and that it would be extremely foolhardy to allow myself to ignore such a message.

Unfortunately my psychic powers failed me a month later when I transferred the plate from Chiang Mai to BKK and lost the number facepalm.gif

• Like 1

Got 2 additional quotes for the insurance, pretty similar prices to what Ducati are offering...

21,086 from Namseng and 22,650 from Thaisri. Just waiting for Ducati to confirm their coverage before I decide but I'll probably go with Ducati the first year unless the coverage is vastly different.

Anyone know the deal on choosing a number for the bike. I never bothered before but I quite fancy a 'lucky' number on this one. At what stage do you apply for the number?

I recently paid 3k for number 23; the dealer took care of it. Will get the same again...

Got 2 additional quotes for the insurance, pretty similar prices to what Ducati are offering...

21,086 from Namseng and 22,650 from Thaisri. Just waiting for Ducati to confirm their coverage before I decide but I'll probably go with Ducati the first year unless the coverage is vastly different.

Anyone know the deal on choosing a number for the bike. I never bothered before but I quite fancy a 'lucky' number on this one. At what stage do you apply for the number?

I recently paid 3k for number 23; the dealer took care of it. Will get the same again...

I just spoke to the dealer and they told me I have to book it myself at Department of Transport at Jatujak. Which dealership did it for you last time?

I just spoke to the dealer and they told me I have to book it myself at Department of Transport at Jatujak. Which dealership did it for you last time?

DUcati Thonglor applied for me when i bought my old hyper from them, just had to pay for the extra cost on top of the regualr registration cost (included in the bike price already)

I have seen one up close & it is beautiful !

As expected just a beautiful form following function example.

Would love to own one but would never buy one here

Even at 750k baht / $23,500 USD Can't justify the price not to mention I would

always be worried it was being stolen at the condo wink.pngsmile.png

I think it's natural for guys to compare prices to their home countries, for me I compared this to the UK price and it's almost the same (about 12,500 GBP in the UK and 749,000 is 13,600 GBP so it's about 1000 pounds difference, but I am getting the Termi slipons included so it's about the same. I can live with that especially considering how much more fun I can have with this bike in Thailand compared to the number of speed cameras and terrible weather in the UK.

Given the cost of road tax, insurance, gas, servicing in the UK I'm pretty sure it will be cheaper for me to own this bike in Thailand over the course of 3 years.

Also resale value is better in Thailand than in UK which is another positive way to look at it.

I have seen one up close & it is beautiful !

As expected just a beautiful form following function example.

Would love to own one but would never buy one here

Even at 750k baht / $23,500 USD Can't justify the price not to mention I would

always be worried it was being stolen at the condo wink.pngsmile.png

I think it's natural for guys to compare prices to their home countries, for me I compared this to the UK price and it's almost the same (about 12,500 GBP in the UK and 749,000 is 13,600 GBP so it's about 1000 pounds difference, but I am getting the Termi slipons included so it's about the same. I can live with that especially considering how much more fun I can have with this bike in Thailand compared to the number of speed cameras and terrible weather in the UK.

Given the cost of road tax, insurance, gas, servicing in the UK I'm pretty sure it will be cheaper for me to own this bike in Thailand over the course of 3 years.

Also resale value is better in Thailand than in UK which is another positive way to look at it.

Good point.

The initial cost is more in Thailand but you get higher return coming out the other side... so the cost of ownership is not that different.

Good point.

The initial cost is more in Thailand but you get higher return coming out the other side... so the cost of ownership is not that different.

Actually about resale it is kind of a wash...

If one pays near double for purchase... yes hopefully they get better resale here than someone in another

country that paid half as much but..........

I think the great resale may be a thing of the past in Thailand these days.

Back when Thailand suffered for choices of bikes yes resale held well..

But now with so many new models the used market is saturated & also most Thai's

buy on time so do not usually buy used unless it is from another Thai offering a take over

payments deal.

These days with many choices & dealer chopping a big chunk off mid year

like Kawasaki originally did with their 1000cc awhile back things are different today

Just my opinion but it is what I see these days.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Yeah resale has dropped the last few years. Same as with cars, the first car policy flooded the market so it's a buyers market.

The Panigale might hold it's value OK as it's going to be rarer than some other bikes, then again it might not. But at the end of the day it's the same price as a Honda City SV+. It's not really that extravagant and it's just a fact of life that buyers will lose money on it, same as they would anywhere else in the world.

Which dealer did you buy from. At Tong Lor they will help you (at least a few years ago). 2 digits was free, 3 digits was 5,000 B, and 1 digit was 10,000 B. I got 88 that time (for free).

This was 3 years ago when I bought my first Monster. My second Ducati I didn't ask for a number but got a good one. Pure luck.

What is your number? May be cheaper since it might be different than what the locals think its lucky. Just as an example which can be seen on youtube one number was sold for 24000 000 B. But from what I witnessed numbers as 3737, 7373 and the like around 16000 - 20000. Most of them bought online by agents who ll resell them.

Wonder what can I get for my 555 plate?

Agree...stunning bike. Too bad I couldn't do the bike justice (not to mention it's outside of what I could justify).

Its nice but I still prefer the looks of the 848/1098/1198. Not to mention the stunning 916 design that follow through 748/996/998

Too bad they did not go with the single sided swing arm like its big brother 1199, also miss the trellis frame and under seat exhaust. Probably had to go for improved performance :)

If it comes with a termi slip on thats nice but if not, Id put money on carbon fiber wheels instead as it would most likely give you better performance than a few more ponies

What is your number? May be cheaper since it might be different than what the locals think its lucky. Just as an example which can be seen on youtube one number was sold for 24000 000 B. But from what I witnessed numbers as 3737, 7373 and the like around 16000 - 20000. Most of them bought online by agents who ll resell them.

last time tried but could not get. they said all 555 plates are full.

maybe they have some free now though.

Which dealer did you buy from. At Tong Lor they will help you (at least a few years ago). 2 digits was free, 3 digits was 5,000 B, and 1 digit was 10,000 B. I got 88 that time (for free).

This was 3 years ago when I bought my first Monster. My second Ducati I didn't ask for a number but got a good one. Pure luck.

Bought from the recent motor sale in bang na but the dealer is ducati vibhavadi (sp?)

Not looking for one... I got one ;) Any offers?

Not looking for one... I got one wink.png Any offers?

no, not anymore. too easy to memorize.

• 2 weeks later...

Some sellers are really hopeful ;)

A Thai seller on FB bigbikemarket is selling a 899 Panigale in white

Has put some accessories on it & has 2700 KM

Wants 350,000 baht & you take over payments of 19,914 per month

This seller has made all of 2 payments so 46 payments remain

Meaning 350k + 916,044 = 1,266,044 Baht

Or I guess you could go get a new one for 749k facepalm.gif

10516792_755132854546614_284321036403275

• Like 2

It is true he did some expensive upgrades like OZ wheels etc.

But the thing I can never understand about these kind of seller is their thinking or motivation.

The guy bought it paid a down then went & spent $$$ on trinkets for a bike that really did not need any

Then makes only 2 out of 48 payments before selling?

Could be buyers remorse or could be the reality of a 20k per month payment finally sunk in

But tough road as I would think most know about the new price & secondly if paying this kind

of $$ would rather have a new bike without the sellers choice of trinkets or 2700 km of who knows how ridden/broken in

But you never know maybe now some other guy who cannot afford it will blow the 350k down & ride it for 2

months then need to sell it...I do see many similar scenarios & always wonder of they find buyers.