Concerned...

benj005

Well, regarding the WP, it would help to get the process started.

To save you both,stress & money, they need to give you the paperwork for a B-Visa. The fee will be 2,000 B. But it will be good for 90 days...

The alternative would cost more IMHO. Lost days at work,stress with being illegal...

When I started working here, schools asked for Visa runs, then got a B-Visa after the first few months and the WP. Does the director have some kind of an outlook as to securing your longer-term employment?

All for just 1-2 months?Forget it. You can get a contract till the end of the school year elsewhere.

Good luck!

Where do you work that you get paid in advance? Most places require you to sign in and out each day to have record that you were actually there. There aren't many companies that would pay you in advance unless it was a one time emergency request or an assignment in a remote location , certainly not a Thai school or agency.

As I said, you put the burden and risks back at them. They want you to work illegally and temporarily for some five weeks. Okay, pay me up front. Lawyers and Doctors and various other professional occupations require prepayment. Teachers should be no different in this situation. BTW, it is a "one time emergency request in a remote location" so that's that. Even a one lady "agency" has 40,000.baht. There are two choices, your pocket or hers. I don't grasp why you disagree and would recommend taking such a risk. There are many stories of agencies not paying teachers. This situation is ripe for that scam and this is Thailand and an "industry" with said reputation.

All for just 1-2 months?Forget it. You can get a contract till the end of the school year elsewhere.

Not with October paid. Schools are scrambling to find teachers to fill the hours of those who quit mid term. They are even asking existing teachers to cover the hours without pay. Can you imagine the horror and nerve?