Young girl survives 9 years after abandoned by ghost-fearing parents: Ubon Ratchathani

webfact

Young girl survives 9 years after abandoned by ghost-fearing parents
By Coconuts Bangkok

pobkid.jpg?itok=avsjpaQh
Photo: MCOT

BANGKOK: -- Nine years ago the Ngogsuk family received the terrifying news. According to a local shaman, they were haunted by a rampaging, flesh-devouring ghost. The family hastily fled their village in rural Ubon Ratchathani. But not all of them. They chose to abandon their 3-year-old daughter.

Blamed for her family’s spiritual misfortune, the girl has remained there ever since, living alone without care from her parents or a legal guardian.

“Nong Kiew,” the abandoned child, has survived on her own with minimal assistance from her neighbors by working miscellaneous jobs in the village for which she receives five-to-ten baht a day to pay for food and school, according to Matichon.

According to those neighbors, Kiew, now 12, refuses to live with them because she’s afraid of being a burden.

While we can enjoy stories of mischievous spirits photobombing (or Photoshopping) themselves into our lives, supernatural superstition is deadly serious business to many. But ditching your 3-year-old girl in a shack out of fear she’s a ghost? That defies explanation.

As the story goes, some villagers died many years ago and a shaman was called in to pinpoint the cause. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/08/20/young-girl-survives-9-years-after-abandoned-ghost-fearing-parents

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-08-20

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope the parents rot in hell.

Including the shaman.

1sham

noun \ˈsham\

: something that is not what it appears to be and that is meant to trick or deceive people

: someone who deceives people by pretending to be a particular kind of person, to have a particular skill, etc.

: words or actions that are not sincere or honest

In this situation, I think we should assume that shaman comes straight from the word sham.

As another person smartly said, this girl's character and the strength of her spirit is what's really supernatural.

I hope this makes some village people wake up and start using their brains to reason out situations instead of listening to some idiot who passes himself off as being someone superior with magic abilities.

Edited by waynethor
  • Like 2

Let's hope that their Karma will show them what they actually did. Even if you'd believe in such a weird shaman, you'd think to take your three year old daughter as well.

Does anybody know where the shaman lives? Need some advice now.facepalm.gif

• Like 1

Hope the parents rot in hell.

Including the shaman.

I'd rather put the whole lot in jail, Hell and Heaven (in the religious sense) being not much more rational than those people's belief in ghosts and other supernatural beings...

• Like 2

How about a savings that account that only she can withdraw from that TV members and others who have a heart can donate to.

This poor girl can have the life she deserves and the education she dreams of. Or some low life family member will probably sell her off to some abusive drunk for a wife?

Opinions and criticism are dirt cheap.

Many small donations can add up to bad life turned good.

This is a case where good people can really make a difference in a young life that has been hell so far.

Has anyone heard of an account set up for her yet?

Let's put some money where our mouths ( keyboards?) are for a change!

I am far from wealthy, but could find a way to donate something if an avenue to do so if opened.

Before donating money it should be made sure, that a trustworthy warm hearted Thai family will take care of her and manage the money well.

This made my blood boil. Im in England now , but will gladly send money to someone who can open a trust / school fund for this angel. Is someone able to help out , or find a family that can oversee the funds if the girl is too young to have a bank account.

• Like 1

This is a horrifying story...

But it seems hard to believe that there isn't more to this... am I too skeptical to think that there is more to this story than what we read? Am I too naive to think that a village would allow 3 year old girl to live on her own like that? 3! How would she even have started 1st grade? There must have been someone helping her, no?

If you read the full story, in the comments is the Dean of the schools phone number. It also says that she has a bank account. Can someone who speaks Thai call the number and find out more about where she is and how to deposit funds to her account?