Young girl survives 9 years after abandoned by ghost-fearing parents: Ubon Ratchathani

webfact

Have set up a fund as I have before with youcaring, all proceeds will be donated to the account held by her Dean. Link is below

https://www.youcaring.com/tuition-fundraiser/help-nong-kiew/221363

Even if you can't donate something, it would be great even at least, if you could promote it on facebook etc.

Oz

Edited by ozsamurai
  • Like 1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have set up a fund as I have before with youcaring, all proceeds will be donated to the account held by her Dean. Link is below

Oz

And how can we be assured that the money raised will go to this little girl? This is Thailand, I trust very few people other than my wife. And $1000 is not going to get this young lady much of an education. I think the goal is way too low maybe $10,000 or $20,000 might be a more reasonable figure for her education. You cannot go to uni on 30,000 baht.

My heart goes out to this poor girl. Deprived of a home, parents and family she feels she might be a burden on someone. In one respect it shows the sick lack of morality here and yet on the other hand she has 'survived' through the small gifts of others who have no real responsibility for her. That is a very thin silver lining though.

And most Thai people will just say 'Mai pen rai' because there is little understanding of the concept of home - Borne out of selfishness - little understanding of family - except that your children can give you back the benefit of the gift of life - and precious little understanding of morality either - anyway she is still alive. Really it is not good enough.

Sometimes the land of sex and smiles is really just the cover version for the original cut of the Land of Selfishness.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Ok I did some searching and this info seems to be the best so far.

Can I post this link? Sorry if it's not allowed.

https://www.facebook.com/UbonWanNi/photos/pb.377483335708310.-2207520000.1408413654./582773808512594/?type=1

The first comment on that picture has some telephone and some government savings account number. Could someone who can read thai, do some more verifying and if it's not a scam?

The shaman...a concept that is a bit medieval in today's world...one thing about the girl...she will be fiercely independent and self-sufficient...good for her...hope she gets a good education and grows up to help rule the new Thailand...

The parents did not realise how wrong they were when they thought they could escape the ghosts associated with that little girl by running away.

Those ghosts are going to pursue them off this mortal coil, now with Royal approval.

• Like 2

UPDATE:

Abandoned rural girl given royal assistance

UBON RATCHATHANI, 21 August 2014 (NNT) - A 12-year-old girl who has lived alone in a rural village for 10 years is having a new life as His Majesty the King has heard of her news and instructed the Rajaprajanugroh Foundation under the royal patronage to take care of the girl, including providing educational funds to the highest level that she would prefer.

Miss Pitsamai Ngok-suk was yesterday moved from her little makeshift cottage where her parents left her 10 years ago, in Tambon Na-loen, Si Chiangmai district, Ubon Ratchathani, to Rajaprajanugroh 32 School, in the same province, with the help of the provincial governor, in his capacity as the provincial chairman of the Rajaprajanugroh Foundation, and other officials.

Little Pitsamai used to earn her living by seeking employments from neighbors including taking care of old people, doing the washing and baby-sitting.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2014-08-21 footer_n.gif

wai2.gifclap2.gifwai2.gifclap2.gifwai2.gifclap2.gif

How about a savings that account that only she can withdraw from that TV members and others who have a heart can donate to.

This poor girl can have the life she deserves and the education she dreams of. Or some low life family member will probably sell her off to some abusive drunk for a wife?

Opinions and criticism are dirt cheap.

Many small donations can add up to bad life turned good.

This is a case where good people can really make a difference in a young life that has been hell so far.

Has anyone heard of an account set up for her yet?

Let's put some money where our mouths ( keyboards?) are for a change!

I am far from wealthy, but could find a way to donate something if an avenue to do so if opened.

It would make a whole new topic if this turns out to be, or, turns into a new con game.

A three year old who can survive mostly on their own? Something just doesn't feel right about this one.

Anyone that's had a child will wounder how this is possible. A 3 year old could not possibly fend for them-self. 5...maybe but 3 doesn't pass the smell test. If it is indeed true then this would be a miraculous accomplishment; maybe neighbors assisted but kept their distance?

A three year old who can survive mostly on their own? Something just doesn't feel right about this one.

Anyone that's had a child will wounder how this is possible. A 3 year old could not possibly fend for them-self. 5...maybe but 3 doesn't pass the smell test. If it is indeed true then this would be a miraculous accomplishment; maybe neighbors assisted but kept their distance?

Cynics should pend a week or two in an Isaan village - then they'll understand smile.png

Informal adoption has many levels in the almost Dickensian atmosphere of coping with rural poverty.

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

Having read through all the posts there seems to be one common desire by all posters...that is to provide this poor girl with money to free her from this burden that has been placed on her.

This is starting to look more and more like a Nigerian scam to pull hearts strings so people will pump money into her bank account. Who set up her bank account and where is that money going.

It may be best to wait until it's proven that this is a legitimate story before you start sending money to some obscure bank account that was set up by WHO? So her parents abandoned her BUT they decided to set up a bank account. HOW CONVENIENT!!!

Cynics should pend a week or two in an Isaan village - then they'll understand smile.png

I have spent much longer than a "week or two" in an Isaan village and this scenario just doesn't seem to pass the smell test. It's true that there are many poor people in Isaan but the monks are generally a positive part of the community and to think that some religious person could convince an entire family to abandon their residence as well as a three year old child is simply UNBELIEVABLE!!! We're supposed to believe that the people are so stupid to believe this horseshite? It simply dose not pass the smell test. I know many, many, many people from Isaan of all ages from children to old folks and they are simply NOT THAT STUPID!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Oz

And how can we be assured that the money raised will go to this little girl? This is Thailand, I trust very few people other than my wife. And $1000 is not going to get this young lady much of an education. I think the goal is way too low maybe $10,000 or $20,000 might be a more reasonable figure for her education. You cannot go to uni on 30,000 baht.

I knew there would be doubters and critics when I stood u to do something. I don't care if you doubt me, don't donate. It seems now thankfully that the King has stepped in and done something, bless him! I will now close the charity. It was better to have tried something in any case than to have done nothing, had this not happened.

Oz

Your agressive response makes me doubt even further. FYI it was not you I was concerned about it was the Dean and or the fund manager. Many charitiy fund raisers are traps for the unwary and only a very small %, if any, gets to the intended recipients. To keep it close to home, just take a look at the assets privately accumulated by the directors of most Thai foundations. If there was no history of skullduggery in charities like world vision, people like myself, who want to help would not hesitate.

Very sad story. I truly hope her dream of becoming a doctor will become true and that she will have a family of her own one day.

To those that use this opportunity to bash Thailand, Thai culture, Thai adults, Thai parenting, anything Thai...please open up google and enter "your nationality + parents abandoned their child" ( preferably in your native language).

As you can now see, this sh*t happens all around the world. Please clean in front of your own door first before judging a single nation / culture.

On a brighter note, it is great to see how many people get involved and try / want to help thumbsup.gif

In your country would the child not have been given to protective services years ago? Would the parents have been arrested, shamed in the media etc?

Sorry but there is no comparison

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Oz

I knew there would be doubters and critics when I stood u to do something. I don't care if you doubt me, don't donate. It seems now thankfully that the King has stepped in and done something, bless him! I will now close the charity. It was better to have tried something in any case than to have done nothing, had this not happened.

Oz

Good on yer mate for trying. All's well that ends well.

• Like 1

"Just take a look at the assets privately accumulated by the directors of most Thai foundations" [my emphasis]

If you have done that and have the evidence it would be great material to hand over to one of the Bangkok-based falang investigating journalists.

I'm not disputing that there are some crooks in some charities - human nature and the Thai's passive toleration of corruption combined would suggest it must be so.

Having read through all the posts there seems to be one common desire by all posters...that is to provide this poor girl with money to free her from this burden that has been placed on her.

This is starting to look more and more like a Nigerian scam to pull hearts strings so people will pump money into her bank account. Who set up her bank account and where is that money going.

It may be best to wait until it's proven that this is a legitimate story before you start sending money to some obscure bank account that was set up by WHO? So her parents abandoned her BUT they decided to set up a bank account. HOW CONVENIENT!!!

The King is scammed - shock horror.

Should have read the whole story-line before pushing the cynical button. at least the others stopped at scepticism.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Until I see this on the front page of the 'Bangkok Post' and the 'Nation' I will still be skeptical. In the mean time feel free to humiliate me all you want; it's free, it doesn't hurt, and probably brings you much pleasure; so knock yourself out!

Fair points Tim Tang. I should have toned it down. Apologies.

This story touched me deeply so I am probably lacking perspective (I have a daughter we informally adopted from within our previously dirt-poor Thai family)

Fair points Tim Tang. I should have toned it down. Apologies.

This story touched me deeply so I am probably lacking perspective (I have a daughter we informally adopted from within our previously dirt-poor Thai family)

Not a problem! I appreciate you kind manner and I don't take anything personally on this site anyway. If this story is true I will be the first to renounce my skepticism, but I still remain suspicious because I've had 5 daughters and I can tell you that a THREE YEAR OLD would not survive the scenario that has been presented. You having a daughter yourself must realize that this story is a bit too much to believe. 5 years old...maybe! 3...not a chance.

Truly admire that little girl for putting up such a brave fight. She'll make it in life, not matter what.

As for the parents... I hope they will receive the punishment they deserve. What cowardly lowlifes! I am lost for words...

Truly admire that little girl for putting up such a brave fight. She'll make it in life, not matter what.

As for the parents... I hope they will receive the punishment they deserve. What cowardly lowlifes! I am lost for words...

As for the parents... They believe in flesh eating ghosts and un-dead boogie men from the beyond. They have first hand accounts and photographic evidence to prove the girl was cursed. Many of the locals in the girl's village will be able to confirm sightings of the ghosts.

Sad, but true.

In Africa (there are YouTube/live-leak videos) parents who believe their children are possessed by the devil burn them alive.

Edited by 96tehtarp