German bar owner murdered on Koh Samui island

webfact

German Bar Owner Murdered On Koh Samui Island
By Khaosod English

14085259061408526120l.jpg
The crime scene where a group of Thai teenagers allegedly stabbed a German bar owner to death, Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui 20 August 2014.

SURAT THANI — A group of Thai teenagers allegedly stabbed a German bar owner to death this morning on the popular tourist island of Koh Samui.

Police say the 46-year-old German man was an owner of 99 Beer Bar on Chaweng Beach, one of the island's well-known entertainment districts.

According to witnesses, the deceased and his Thai girlfriend were in the parking lot of a nightclub on Chaweng Beach when they encountered three teenagers sitting and drinking alcohol on the German's motorcycle, witnesses said.

The German man reportedly became angry and began arguing with the teenagers. The three Thais lost their temper, punched the German in his face, beat him with beer bottles, and stabbed his neck with shards of glass, witnesses say.

The suspects fled the scene after the attack, witnesses told police. Medical workers say the victim died from stabbing wounds. Khaosod English is withholding the name of the deceased until it is confirmed that his relatives have been informed.

Police in Koh Samui say they are investigating CCTV footage from the area of the crime scene to identify and arrest the three suspects.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1408525906

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-08-20

• Like 1

Samui Bar owner killed in a knife attack in Koh Samui

fatal-stabbing-in-chaweng-1.jpg

KOH SAMUI: -- This morning, 20th of August the owner of a bar in Chaweng suffered a fatal knife attack. Early reports suggest that after leaving a popular Chaweng nightclub he had an altercation with a Thai man who was sitting on his motorbike in the car park behind Sound Club.

At some time during that altercation he was fatally stabbed to the neck. The name of the victim is being withheld until the family have been informed.

xstimes.jpg.pagespeed.ic.EXTclkoej2.webp
-- Samui Times 2014-08-20
  • Like 1

Someone sitting on your bike, happened to me before, just smile at them, they move off, and you get on with your life

You have your team of security guards available, which as a bar owner you should have anyway, and you administer a severe bodily admonition to the three. Now that's more like it.

What a terrible way to go.....RIP

Yes indeed....we must all learn from this...May he RIP.

Yes indeed. Groups of people, fueled by alcohol or other substances is great reason to exercise extreme caution when interacting with them.

I was trained to back off and call for reinforcements. In this case, it seems that the murdered man may have succumbed to emotion in lieu of backing off. I don't know I wasn't there.

Stay safe folks and walk away with your life.

RIP dear man.

• Like 1

Someone sitting on your bike, happened to me before, just smile at them, they move off, and you get on with your life

You have your team of security guards available, which as a bar owner you should have anyway, and you administer a severe bodily admonition to the three. Now that's more like it.

A possible option. Unfortunately, a reaction of violence often results in magnified violence in kind.