German bar owner murdered on Koh Samui island

webfact

They'll be long gone... Murderous little twunts. When I was on Samui (2002 - 2005) before I moved to Phuket, this kind of thing never, ever happened. The "5 families" understood it was bad for tourism. If they get hold of the kids before the police the kids will be fish food. It was bad enough when the poor girl from Cambridge was murdered by the Burmese fishermen, this is unreal.. RIP

• Like 1

Someone sitting on your bike, happened to me before, just smile at them, they move off, and you get on with your life

Yep had it happen many times......they soon move off.

Such a normal thing around bar areas, walk up, smile, greet, and they naturally move to another bike. I do not blame the victim but he used the wrong strategy for Thailand. sad

Very sad news it is always terrible when you hear of such violence I hope that the Samui police will do everything in there power to round up these young thugs, life is very cheap ,Samui is no different from anywhere else in the kingdom if these guys are caught they will at best get 3 years if that and if the family is wealthy it will never get to the courts.my thoughts are with the family of the deceased and his GF.

• Like 1

First RIP to the poor gentleman. If the smile does not work walk away and come back later when they are gone.

Sorry but are you seriously suggesting that one should just walk off if encountering a Thai man sitting on your bike and wait for him to leave? Unbelievable!

The cultural barrier is down and no longer protects the arrogant white man

So you're saying that is arrogant to tell someone not to sit on your bike but perfectly fine to sit on a stranger's bike in the first place?

You sound like just another Thai apologist blaming the foreign victim.

It was not "a" Thai man, it was a group. One on one is a bit different wouldn't you agree. I am not going to ruffle a Thais feathers when he has his mates around.

• Like 1

The cultural barrier is down and no longer protects the arrogant white man__he caused these young punks to lose face and paid the price. Yes, alcohol is great stuff for murder -- remember, it diminshes ihibitions. Best take heed.

Sounds like a threat?

To be fair I was walking around for exercise at midnight one night a couple of months back, like is strikingly safe in most places in Asia, and had to walk through one of these parking lots outside a nightclub. A pack of teens was sitting outside on their bikes, and boy they gave me a look like a pack of ferocious dogs ready for attack, I got the message and have no doubt there was some anti-"white devil" sentiment as you claim, no clue why such aggressiveness exists, and I was just innocently walking by on my nightly exercise, fortunately there were some security guards nearby and I walked on unimpeded, but locked the door when I got home and vowed to watch out for such immature little punks, hell maybe they ended up wrecking the bike into a tree later that night, seems like it'd serve them right. I think the odds of coming across them is compounded in tourist areas. RIP

The cultural barrier is down and no longer protects the arrogant white man__he caused these young punks to lose face and paid the price. Yes, alcohol is great stuff for murder -- remember, it diminshes ihibitions. Best take heed.

<deleted> this face bullshit

Non owner sitting on bike, owner comes along and gets angry

What has face got to do with it????

When will they learn that face gets people nowhere

Hope the kids get life in prison so they can assess whether life in prison was worth the face

Face has everything to do with it in their minds but not in yours. And causing a Thai to lose face, as we've seen many times can cause you to lose your life.

Hope the kids get life in prison so they can assess whether life in prison was worth the face

Face has everything to do with it in their minds but not in yours. And causing a Thai to lose face, as we've seen many times can cause you to lose your life.

I don't deny that, but I'f he sits in prison for the rest or his life while maintaining his face and if he thinks it's worth it, then so be it

Someone sitting on your bike, happened to me before, just smile at them, they move off, and you get on with your life

So that's what you will do if I sat on your bike?

What if the smile doesn't work? What's your next approach?

A good question.

Since he was with his Thai gf, there was no language barrier.

You would have to tackle the problem or get a taxi home.

Getting angry in Thailand is never the right approach though.

It should never have happened.

RIP

He could have backed-off and had his GF or a member of the nightclub staff procure the bike. One has to ask the question of what was the Blood-Alcohol level of the victim? Anyway, R.I.P. to the victim of this senseless murder.

Edited by MaxYakov

I don't deny that, but I'f he sits in prison for the rest or his life while maintaining his face and if he thinks it's worth it, then so be it

He does not see it the same way you or I do. Yes it's not worth it but the biggest loss is the Germans life and probably due to testoterone. Not that I am blaming him for being killed, it certainly was not his fault but if he has lived here long enough he knows the way to to deal with these animals and he made a wrong choice.