German bar owner murdered on Koh Samui island

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

what i would like to know, is the german guys girlfriend´s name on the lease for the bar? and does she know these 3 "teenagers" ?? she didnt do much to save him.. ,, i bet she´ll now be happy she has a bar to herself??? or am i just too suspicious?

OR these 3 teens knew he was a member of the outlaws and paid by someone from another gang to "attack" him... I will guess this is 2 options the thai police wont investigate ??? probably be decided that the german threw himself over the guy sitting on his bike, and the glass accidentally went into him.. wouldnt surprise me..

As for thinking its ok to sit on other peoples bikes , why ? its not their property and shouldnt be near it... drunk or on drugs , no excuse for stabbing someone to death... death penalty is the only decent punishment for people that think its ok to take another persons life... losing face is like being a spoilt brat and taking a temper tantrum for being told off for doing something wrong...grow the f*** up..

I´ve seen these Outlaws at work in Bangkok , paid for protecting certain bars and appear at the click of a finger.., so if these 3 teens have any sense, they´ll kill themselves first...

The comments about all germans being arrogant and bad tempered i had to laugh at, obviously never spent any time in Germany, one of the best places to go , and ive always been looked after in the many times i go there...have many german friends.. im more embarrased about the behaviour of fellow brits , especially abroad

As for finding 2 thais sitting on my motorbike once , i warned them if they dont get off then im driving off anyway, fortunately they were both gorgeous girls and gladly came home with me, so not always a bad thing alt=laugh.png>

A Thai woman, absolutely will not stand-up to a Thai man, in defense of her "farang" bf or husband, even when she knows that the Thai man is 100% wrong. Thai women are "socialized" to be that way from childhood. That's the reason why a foreigner will never win, in a contest against any Thai man, in this Kingdom. There's a logical reason why the Russian men, bring their own Russian womenfolk (together) with them to reside in Thailand. Smart! Very smart. alt=whistling.gif>

But still the Russians also get killed by Thais, I believe its the attitude Thai male have against falangs, maybe they are sick and tired that we are coming to Thailand and think we can buy everything we want and that thai people are from the third world and therefor have to accept our behavior, just my thoughts wai2.gif

Am I alone when I say that it feels like Thailand is moving backwards with accelerating speed over the past 5 years?

I'm not a Thaksin lover, but my impression is that Thailand was at its peak just before he got booted...

RIP to the victim and sincerest condolences to family and friends.

According to witnesses, the deceased......... ..........punched the German in his face, beat him with beer bottles, and stabbed his neck with shards of glass, witnesses say. Police in Koh Samui say they are investigating CCTV footage from the area of the crime scene to identify and arrest the three suspects.

No doubt the witnesses will be interviewed and called to confirm the identity of these three morons.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Am I alone when I say that it feels like Thailand is moving backwards with accelerating speed over the past 5 years?

I'm not a Thaksin lover, but my impression is that Thailand was at its peak just before he got booted...

RIP to the victim and sincerest condolences to family and friends.

How very true.

Your life is not safe, everyday a farang dies. Good job.

We are looking at 2x 15 years jail and 1x 30 years jail.

Lucky we have a General now.

"everyday a farang dies---GOOD JOB--------- What the &lt;deleted&gt; does that mean??????????????????

If murders like this were happening in other countries, what would the corresponding Embassies say and do? Why are the foreign embassies here the most SILENT in the world?

Send then an email while you're at it, remind them that a huge part of their job is protection of their nationals, not having a nice holiday-assignment.

• Like 1

I have a nice motorcycle and have had to chase Thai guys off of it several times. Who is going to pay for the repairs of my bike or that of anybody else when they knock it over as they get on or off of it?

Edited by paulhen
  • Like 2

The cultural barrier is down and no longer protects the arrogant white man__he caused these young punks to lose face and paid the price. Yes, alcohol is great stuff for murder -- remember, it diminshes ihibitions. Best take heed.

again, one of the rare times i am pissed and posting out of bikes in Thailand section.

were you there? how do you know what happened there? When i see someone sitting on my bike, i react too, if you are not, it means they can do this to you gf too maybe and you dont react again?

c'mon! respect the deceased!

• Like 1

The German man reportedly became angry and began arguing with the teenagers

Not saying that he deserved to die, but unless he'd only been in LOS 5 minutes he'd obviously learned nothing about the reality here.

You mean people who live here longer know that if they get deservedly angry they are at risk to get killed ?

Not saying that he deserved to die, but unless he'd only been in LOS 5 minutes he'd obviously learned nothing about the reality here.

You mean people who live here longer know that if they get deservedly angry they are at risk to get killed ?

Deservedly has nothing to do with it.

See my edited version of your statement below.

You mean people who live here longer know that if they get angry they are at risk to get killed ? Yes.

Deservedly has nothing to do with it.

See my edited version of your statement below.

You mean people who live here longer know that if they get angry they are at risk to get killed ? Yes.

Why would one choose to live in a country where he constantly has to live in fear?

If murders like this were happening in other countries, what would the corresponding Embassies say and do? Why are the foreign embassies here the most SILENT in the world?

Send then an email while you're at it, remind them that a huge part of their job is protection of their nationals, not having a nice holiday-assignment.

Quote : 'Why are the foreign embassies here the most SILENT in the world?'

Because they're busy embassying, ie organizing cocktails, cutting ribbons, writing verbose reports about reports about reports, kissing behinds in hi so circles, doing fishy business using the 'diplomatic bag', having astronomical gastronomical dinners at the expense of taxpayers in their home country, having affairs, redecorating the premises and his Excellency's home etc etc.... I mean with a busy schedule like that, you can't find the time to do much else, can you ?

The fact is, of course, that embassies are a totally archaic, pompous, expensive and utterly useless institution. They should be disposed of, full stop, but of course it's never going to happen, for all kinds of obvious reasons.

Edited by Yann55
  • Like 1

well, i live here for more than 7 years now and when i see someone sitting on my bike, i just react. if someone gives me shit for nothing, i react again. If someone try to cheat me, again i react and get angry.

it is not like 'hey in Thailand you cannot mess with locals'. We are not babies and i have honor sorry.

So, they catch you and try to sc...rew your a...s...s and you dont react just bc farang better do not mess with locals?

Last happened in Kanchanaburi during last long weekend. I saw a group of ten Thai teenagers messing around my bike and once i see two of them siting on my bike, i shout and react and go near them. They scared and backed off as they know, you cannot sit someone elses bike especially if it is a big and expensive bike in Thailand and elsewhere. So what happened? Nothing? As they understand apologized and left. Why? BC i also explained them with an angry but not in a threatening way; you can drop the bike and might get injured with others around, your exposed body parts can touch hot exhaust and engine and can burn yourself.

• Like 1

The German biggest mistake was to lose his temper . He came from a night club so he'd probably been drinking as well. If you see any suspect drunk Thais near your vehicle, do not try to talk to them , just wait , or call the police. It will save your life.

Unfortunately Thailand is breeding a population of Simple Minded and Racists Male's. In Koh Samui, many of these drop outs come from Local families with money.

... Is that to match the 'population of Simple Minded and Racist Males' who come from the West to live here, behave like they own the place and spend their whole time drinking, 'doing' local girls, boys and ladyboys for money, endlessly criticizing and looking down on the people and culture of the country that hosts them ? I'm not saying Western expats in Thailand all like this, of course, but there's definitely quite a large group, in some areas more than others.

Yes i agree with you. There are many Bad foreigners in Thailand also. Many of which sell drugs. Many beach bars have foreign drug dealers!

As for these local boys, the family has to take some responsibility!

Edited by TheOggMonster
  • Like 1

Unfortunately Thailand is breeding a population of Simple Minded and Racists Male's. In Koh Samui, many of these drop outs come from Local families with money.

... Is that to match the 'population of Simple Minded and Racist Males' who come from the West to live here, behave like they own the place and spend their whole time drinking, 'doing' local girls, boys and ladyboys for money, endlessly criticizing and looking down on the people and culture of the country that hosts them ? I'm not saying Western expats in Thailand all like this, of course, but there's definitely quite a large group, in some areas more than others.

Sounds like a match made in heaven

Quote : 'Why are the foreign embassies here the most SILENT in the world?'

Because they're busy embassying, ie organizing cocktails, cutting ribbons, writing verbose reports about reports about reports, kissing behinds in hi so circles, doing fishy business using the 'diplomatic bag', having astronomical gastronomical dinners at the expense of taxpayers in their home country, having affairs, redecorating the premises and his Excellency's home etc etc.... I mean with a busy schedule like that, you can't find the time to do much else, can you ?

The fact is, of course, that embassies are a totally archaic, pompous, expensive and utterly useless institution. They should be disposed of, full stop, but of course it's never going to happen, for all kinds of obvious reasons.

Maybe by the thai people obeying the law of the land in there own country. That we are reminded constantly of by the posters on this forum.

"Oh but its their country" so what because its there country the law dont apply to them...

We don't know what exactly happened . I had people sitting on my bike multiple times , and i never had any problem . Even speaking to them in a polite manner but making your point will do the trick . Maybe he said something which for farangs is common but for Thais is a serious insult . This does not make the act ok , not even close but since we do not know what happened and been said ( or in the past ? ) we cannot make a full judgement ( even if the fact is that they murdered someone ) . Realise that Thailand has different culture , with different reactions of people to your actions . RIP

Koh Samui or more precisely Chaweng is completely under the spotlight right now. Media is currently covering 3 attacks in the Chaweng area. Jack Hansen's attack by two U.S citizens thankfully not killed but seriously injured, this gentleman whose name is yet to be released and I believe another attack was reported today with a Burmese national victim. The latter two allegedly attacked in a knife attack.

No one deserves to be attacked in such brutal ways whether the German national became argumentative or not the teenagers had the choice to walk away. As a society with an element of moral fibre I am unclear as to why I continue to read that the people attacked clearly breached lines or were inebriated or chose to verbally confront. The actions of the perpetrators are wrong.

People are hurt and have died. The spotlight must always be on the perpetrator as they would be in any country with a true and proper legal system. I would also suggest that the NCPO continue their very public focus on Samui - only 7 years ago when I first arrived Samui was the premier place to head to when on leave, today it's a rubbish dump of mafia corruption blood alcohol money Dutch courage and ya ba. ( no offence to any Dutch nationals meant here )

What happened Samui?

• Like 1