BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Hat Yai: Co-pilot of budget airline passes out during flight and later dies

LION AIR
Co-pilot of budget airline passes out during flight and later dies

BANGKOK: -- A co-pilot of a budget airline collapsed during flight after taking off from Hat Yai for about 20 minutes to Bangkok on Wednesday.

The pilot of Lion Air flight SL 8537 then made an emergency return to Hat Yai Airport and rushed him to a hospital. He was later pronounced dead at the hospital.

The co-pilot, a Dutch national, whose name was not revealed was later pronounced dead at the hospital. The flight had 152 passengers on board and all were safe.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Co-pilot-of-budget-airline-passes-out-during-fligh-30241361.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-08-20

WOW - maybe I will give Lion Airlines a big miss. I wonder how old was the co-pilot. Sad end to his flying career.

WOW - maybe I will give Lion Airlines a big miss. I wonder how old was the co-pilot. Sad end to his flying career.

LIK,

Are you familiar with P2F?

You would never, for love nor money, get me on this airline.

It never ceases to amaze me what people will do to save a few coins on air travel.

Not this little black duck.

I have an airline I wont fly on either.

I met a guy & his wife at White Beer'd a few weeks ago.

It was about 11:30pm, he was very drunk and flying to Samui at 8:30 am the following morning.

Crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Co-pilot faints on flight to Don Mueang

BANGKOK: -- A co-pilot of Thai Lion Air fainted while on a flight from Hat Yai to Bangkok, forcing the pilot to return and make emergency landing at Hat Yai airport.

The Dutch co-pilot died later at the Prince of Songkhla University Hospital in Hat Yai.

The incident happened today on Flight SL 8537 from Hat Yai to Don Mueang airport on which 152 passengers and crew members were on board.

Twenty minutes after taking off from Hat Yai airport, the pilot noticed his co-pilot seated beside went unconsciously.

He immediately radioed the control tower at Hat Yai airport to prepare ambulance and seek emergency landing.

The plane landed safely and the Dutch co-pilot was rushed to hospital where he was pronounced dead afterwards.

It was immediately known the cause of his death.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/co-pilot-faints-flight-don-mueang/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-08-20

thanks God they have always two persons in the cockpit

• Like 2

Copilot passes out midflight, dies
The Nation

30241407-01_big.jpg

HAT YAI: -- A co-pilot for budget airline Lion Air collapsed mid flight, 20 minutes after taking off from Hat Yai for Bangkok yesterday.

The pilot of flight SL 8537 returned to make an emergency landing at Hat Yai Airport so the copilot could be taken to hospital. However, the copilot - a Dutch national identified as Peter Esberte - was later pronounced dead at the hospital. The cause of the death was unknown as of press time.

The flight had 152 passengers on board and all were safe.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Copilot-passes-out-midflight-dies-30241407.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-08-21

Two people in the cockpit? These days they are talking about zero people in the cockpit. About as dumb as driverless cars.