My custom Super Cub

Thaiwi

superb.

maybe i might do my honda wave 125x the same but a bit modern! and rectangle headlight.

nice man!

I would love to see something more modern finished in a similar manner. Let everyone know if you go ahead with it!

• Like 2

Please show us the result.

I find those super cubs you posted very nice.

Many times the Thai "custom / modification / tuning" style is a bit too "busy" to my liking but this builder has a nice clean style, love those black rims.

I bet you can't wait for your bike to be ready :-)

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I'll definitely keep everyone posted. Looking forward for my new baby to be in my arms, so to speak.

If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll send you in the right direction. I'd rather give the Thai guy business than the foreigner get away with selling his bikes at a 100% mark up with no extra work put in.

I've chosen a Turquoise - ish colour. Stay posted, feel free to ask me any question.

Seeking like minded people about!

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I'll definitely keep everyone posted. Looking forward for my new baby to be in my arms, so to speak.

If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll send you in the right direction. I'd rather give the Thai guy business than the foreigner get away with selling his bikes at a 100% mark up with no extra work put in.

I've chosen a Turquoise - ish colour. Stay posted, feel free to ask me any question.

You may want to be careful about breaking peoples rice bowl. But very nice work and a good looking bike

You may want to be careful about breaking peoples rice bowl, but the bikes look great and the workmanship from photos look nice

You may want to be careful about breaking peoples rice bowl, but the bikes look great and the workmanship from photos look nice

moderator cancel one of these, I keep getting that stupid message to wait 14 seconds before posting when I haven't posted in a day or two, then not sure if the last post excepted.

Yeah I'm not one to name names and completely understand that there are serious consequences for defamation in Thailand.

But I'd much rather support the man who has done the hard yards. The little guy. :) enough about that though.

Looking forward too it. Will try get build pics up if possible. I'll also make a video once it arrives so everyone can see it in action.

in a free market, i cannot blame someone putting a profit - although 100 percent - and sell something through his/her contacts.

Nothing wrong with that. Dont forget, some has no time or they might prefer to go with a foreigner on this for easy communication.

How long does it take to receive one from the Thai guy?

Yeah all valid points there. Although the local guy was unaware which I thought was a little off. Ah well.

It takes about 3 weeks with a 5k deposit, full payment on completion.

I will show pictures and update as I can.

The nice thing is the bikes above still look comfy to ride.

Every now and then I go to a Japanese book store and buy a scooter magazine.

Here's some camera pics of crazy Cubs from issue 11, Nov 2012 of 4MINI magazine.

post-91685-0-76182400-1408648893_thumb.j

post-91685-0-85662800-1408648944_thumb.j

• Like 2

i want to do something with my wave in similar fashion but more naked and metal plus with rectangular headlight.

here is my honda wave 125x - not my photo.

I am thinking of removing some of fairing completely including front cowl and headlight but not the taillight or side fairings.

Adding a rectangular headlight at front.

and getting some nice rims and quality tires - maybe bigger sizes and tires as the bikes OP posted. prefer grip than knobs of course. and sure a nice set of YSS shocks and a better spring at front.

engine upgrade to 180 - 200 cc, air filter, an aggressive cam, carb jetting. pipe on it is already modified and valve/piston are coming from sonic if i dont remember wrong.

and maybe painting the chassis nicely to red.

Simple, cheap and nice. let see though. nowadays very busy.

any ideas appreciated.

post-184955-0-80747200-1408681788_thumb.

post-184955-0-93169600-1408681793_thumb.

Edited by ll2

II2 that sounds awesome. Have you ever considered the bore kits from brands like Kitaco, Yoshimura? I see a lot of them about online, could be a cool, non obvious mod that would increase the power a lot.

I'd love to see one like yours done in a different style than the local boys do them - 1 million colours and skinny impractical wheels. Can't stand those things. Haha.

OP very nice man, I am also a huge fan of them old Cups.

Do you get a green book with it? This is very important if you like in Pattaya as I do.

I am tempted to do a similar project also, but if I do, I would do it the way II2 is, front disk brake and FI and so on.