My custom Super Cub

Thaiwi

Just been chatting with the guy building mine, after he has finished my cub, he will move onto his respectful interpretation of the pictures below.

The original one is by a Greek guy, resto video here:

- only about 5 minutes long.

Amazing gear shift, but not my cup of tea, I can't imagine dealing with something like that in BKK traffic. Not too sure if he has a buyer yet. post-195861-14088175380612_thumb.jpgpost-195861-14088175463902_thumb.jpg

Edited by Thaiwi

Just been chatting with the guy building mine, after he has finished my cub, he will move onto his respectful interpretation of the pictures below.

The original one is by a Greek guy, resto video here:

- only about 5 minutes long.

Amazing gear shift, but not my cup of tea, I can't imagine dealing with something like that in BKK traffic. Not too sure if he has a buyer yet. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1408817534.434145.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1408817545.566124.jpg

just need a machine gun on it

• Like 2

Here are the options for the 2014 Super Cub.

Strangely no machine gun or hand grenade option.

The front screen option (not shown) is a massive 6000 baht.

The rest are very affordable.

I should be picking mine up in the lovely powder blue on Friday.

I will try and order the single seat as well.

post-195861-14088586386175_thumb.jpg

There's the blue one. But I can't find the single seat option in that colour.

post-195861-14088586779813_thumb.jpg

They are awesome no doubt. Japan got a crazy version of it we don't see here but I can't seem to find a picture. Would love to see a tricked out modern cub. Looking forward to seeing your ride.

• Like 1

Although i'm a ( thai made) 2 stroke guy ( as my hobby bikes) this thread makes me more and more thinking of adding a super cub ( a custom one) to my collection :-)

Something like this would be nice....

attachicon.gifcustom-super-cub-racer.jpgattachicon.gifcustom-super-cub-racer-2.jpgattachicon.gifcustom-super-cub-racer-5.jpg

That is very cool. Want to chuck an oil cooler on mine when it's done. Love the extra bar too. Stronger this way I presume.

• Like 1

Although i'm a ( thai made) 2 stroke guy ( as my hobby bikes) this thread makes me more and more thinking of adding a super cub ( a custom one) to my collection :-)

Something like this would be nice....

attachicon.gifcustom-super-cub-racer.jpgattachicon.gifcustom-super-cub-racer-2.jpgattachicon.gifcustom-super-cub-racer-5.jpg

this is closer to what i would like to do with my wave.

cool! upper chassis brace sure brings better handling along with grippy tires.

• Like 1

Apparently the grippy tyres don't last very long.

Yeah that doesn't surprise me. But tyres over here are cheap as chips. Plus, it's easy to change styles. White walls, knobbly, standard tyres. Something simple that can change the look a decent amount.

• Like 1

Thaiwi, could you ask your builder if he also could use an engine with a manual clutch,( I sometimes see older waves 100/110 with a manual clutch) the thing what always has put me off with these kind of bikes is that semi auto gearbox.( never manage to make smooth downshifts rolleyes.gif )

• Like 1

Thaiwi, could you ask your builder if he also could use an engine with a manual clutch,( I sometimes see older waves 100/110 with a manual clutch) the thing what always has put me off with these kind of bikes is that semi auto gearbox.( never manage to make smooth downshifts rolleyes.gif )

Yeah definitely. Just talked to him and he reckons it's possible. Will try find out more info and post soon. Hopefully will have pics of my build also.

Ha ha ha Dutchbike, what a coincidence, check the TShirt design my aunts business has just made, as of today. (With permission of course).

They just showed up and bought this to me. Very cool. Very surprised, she can read minds! It's the exact same bike. post-195861-1408965958556_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I wonder where he gets those wheels and tyres? ??

With the tyres, I'm not sure. I know he sources the rims and if the customer wants them coloured, then he'll sort it himself. Obviously I can give more info once I receive mine.