My custom Super Cub

Thaiwi

i want to do something with my wave in similar fashion but more naked and metal plus with rectangular headlight.

here is my honda wave 125x - not my photo.

I am thinking of removing some of fairing completely including front cowl and headlight but not the taillight or side fairings.

Adding a rectangular headlight at front.

and getting some nice rims and quality tires - maybe bigger sizes and tires as the bikes OP posted. prefer grip than knobs of course. and sure a nice set of YSS shocks and a better spring at front.

engine upgrade to 180 - 200 cc, air filter, an aggressive cam, carb jetting. pipe on it is already modified and valve/piston are coming from sonic if i dont remember wrong.

and maybe painting the chassis nicely to red.

Simple, cheap and nice. let see though. nowadays very busy.

any ideas appreciated.

i am thinking along the same lines as you; using a Wave. After all it is evolution of the Cub. smile.png i want the modern aspects such as the disc brake, tele forks and probably even fuel injection (though have to put up with the big black air box). Also, there won't be any greenbook problems! i am not going to modify the engine (125 or 110cc doesn't matter for me) and will try to keep the original muffler (some of the wave mufflers look okay with the chrome shield taken off). 17 x 3" rims with 100/80 or 110/80 tyres.

i reckon you can do similar to the blue bike posted by Dutchbike if you want. Actually that blue bike is based on the Dream (not the current Dream Super Cub such as NormanW's).

i spoke to my mechanic today and showed him photos, he showed me a Dream frame he had laying around and it looks very similar to my untrained eye. i showed him several different styles, he said no problem to do anything i want (it only comes down to money!). Those rear panels of the Dream were available years ago, but they can be made. The side covers look they are off a Cub C70 or C90 (see link). Easy enough to add a top bar (and run the cables through it to look tidy). From what i can see the 125 Wave frame has a slight bend in it near the steering head, i haven't been able to look at a 110 frame. Not hard to change if doesn't look right. At first i was thinking full length forks but can't use the Wave ones as only half length, so an added expense. i don't think it would look too bad to do a square cover on the forks, either half length or full length from the steering head. If full length it will have to be cut somewhere so the top part can slide over the bottom part.

attachicon.gifsuper cub mod naked II2 half1c.jpg

attachicon.gifsuper cub mod naked II2.jpg

attachicon.gif3super cub mod red.jpg

attachicon.gifcub dirt donkey2red.jpg

attachicon.gif1_n2.jpg

attachicon.gifsuper cub mod unicodea.jpg

Yeah, i have been bored the last week so have been mucking around with photoshop on several different bikes. So all i have to do now is settle on a design and buy a Wave!

yes thinking close to the photos. looks great. a top bar is needed and i strip the fairings.

all doable. simple, cheap and effective!

i need grippy tires and more power. rectangular headlight is a must! on the back just a strip of leds for stop/tail light.

and analog small seperate gauges.

but busy nowadays again:(

• 2 months later...

Thaiwi, I like your 2nd blue Photoshop.

Maybe it would look cool if you made a matching leather bag that fit into that frame triangle.

2 top and 1 bottom strap would secure it nicely into the frame but then have a clip on strap so it becomes a shoulder bag.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys!

I want to buy a new black wheels for your Honda Dream. Please tell me online store in Thailand or address of the store in Bangkok.

Thank you!!

Here! Add the Facebook page. Let him know what you want and he can even recommend options. Free shipping. Racing Boy make a really strong good product. Not overly pricey either. Wouldn't look any further Edited by Thaiwi

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 8/25/2014 at 6:26 PM, Thaiwi said:

Ha ha ha Dutchbike, what a coincidence, check the TShirt design my aunts business has just made, as of today. (With permission of course).

They just showed up and bought this to me. Very cool. Very surprised, she can read minds! It's the exact same bike. post-195861-1408965958556_thumb.jpg

Obviously going too fast---- never mind it looks like the only damage is a buckled front wheel !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Another few years pass and I return. It's been so long it was Thai Visa when I last visited. I now own a Honda Wave 125i in New Zealand - I've done a 143cc Hispeed bigbore kit (Hispeed is the brand, made in Thailand). 

That, along with some other go fast bits and now I am the owner of a 17HP Honda Wave 125i. Doesn't sound like much but nearly double stock power in the same frame makes for an enjoyable time. I visited a couple of thai drag racing events in late 2022 which was cool. But otherwise I am still making motorcycle videos. I still miss this Honda SuperCub! 

Here's my Wave:

• Like 1