My custom Super Cub

Thaiwi

Cool bikes, love em!

Been lusting after such custom Cubs for a while now...I even thought about doing one up myself, but I have to be honest with myself and admit that I won't have the time to work on another bike.

I've seen the ads on craigslist too, didn't dare to ask for the price though.

Question: are these custom cubs classic cubs (probably without green books) or are they modified new ones? So, how much does the Thai guy want for one?

• Like 1

Hi Omega,

Yeah I loved these bikes for a long time before I actually got around to researching them in the country.

- The bikes definitely HAVE a green book. They are legal.

- They are classic cubs, based off old c70's and c90's. Mine is a 1987 model. He chooses the strongest, cleanest frames and works from there.

- All of this can be had for less than 30K baht. IF, you're doing this same options as me. Don't get fooled into 50/60K baht as there are people charging this amount for the exact same thing. It's a rip off.

- A completely restored original c70/c90 is around 18-25k Baht. Which he also does, many do these actually, but the customs cubs are only made by very few, my dude being one of the only 'mass' producing them in Thailand (around 1 a month). Feel free to send me a PM mate.

Edited by Thaiwi

Here we go! The build is steaming along. Next update: speedo and rev counter added, engine in place, handle bars on, shocks in place too. It's getting exciting! attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1409109818.069750.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1409109828.068635.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1409109843.185320.jpg

Looking Good Thaiwi!! The way it goes now you can ride it in a few days. Engine looks superclean.

So he usues the green books from the rescued frames and have the "new" engine added/changed in the book?

keep us updated!!!

• Like 2

Yeah he sure does. The green book is from the old bike, then he updates everything once it's finished and will change into my name for me. This guy has literally dozens of c70's/c90's/dreams sitting in his workshop. So he has an endless supply of parts to work with.

The bike should be delivered early next week, you can be sure I'll upload a video or too also. I'm pleased with the speedo and rev counter, these were specific requests of mine, normally he doesn't add them to the standard custom job. But I plan on taking it home if I ever go, so those two are a must.

Omega, as far as the wife goes, tell her its better than another woman. ;)

Overall I'm damn happy and looking forward to the end result!

Here we go! The build is steaming along. Next update: speedo and rev counter added, engine in place, handle bars on, shocks in place too. It's getting exciting! attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1409109818.069750.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1409109828.068635.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1409109843.185320.jpg

Looking good no boozka

• Like 2

Thaiwi loving these bikes. I had a standard 1982 C70 years ago & now I live in Bangkok would love a custom version. Seen the Craigslist ad, but interested to know the guy who you are using. Is he in Bangkok? I'd tried to PM you but didn't work. Any info or link much appreciated. Cheers

Its looks cool with out the chain guard, Can you throw a passenger on the back safely without the chain guard? Can just imagine my wife sticking her foot in the chain

Well if it's custom, you can request the seat to be a little bigger, as they are currently it's more comfortable for one. But the passenger foot pegs are there. As long as they are aware a chain is there it should be fine.