My custom Super Cub

Thaiwi

Here's a very nice youtube clip from Greece, you can see a bunch guys having fun on there little bikes.When I was 16 I had a light blue Honda SS50 exactly as one off those guys in the video ( sweet memories)

Ahh I posted the build video, not the riding video. :)

Just remembered I had this pic from when I went and checked out the workshop before sorting my build. I hope this gives all an idea of what it's like size-wise. I'm about 178cm tall. - this bike was made for a Japanese fellow whom definitely has his style priorities in place. It was possible to sit further forward on the seat, but this is just how the photo was taken. post-195861-14093920553668_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Looking awesome. What's the security of those bags like? Would you ever leave anything in them unattended?

Zero security.

But if someone wants to steal my rain coat they are more than welcome. As for the bags themselves they press stud on and also fasten on with buckles.

Never really park anywhere out the way.

• Like 1

NormanW, so how did you get your Cub with single seat and rear carrier? Is this a modification or can you order it like this at any Honda shop? I have never seen the new "super Cub" like this before in Thailand. Just pictures.

Thanks

Btw. nice bike.

• Like 1

NormanW, so how did you get your Cub with single seat and rear carrier? Is this a modification or can you order it like this at any Honda shop? I have never seen the new "super Cub" like this before in Thailand. Just pictures.

Cheers.

Yeah you just order those parts from the Honda dealer.

But not the Tshirt. This was 300 baht from that place on Pattaya Tai. Can't remember the name.

Love it!

Just plodding around

Thanks

Btw. nice bike.

post-52293-0-05730800-1409405758_thumb.j
  • Like 1

I'm going on a hunt today for that shirt. Not sure if I'll have any luck in BKK. But I shall not give up!

Let me know how you get on.

If you should fail your mission, send me your details and I'll send you one via snail mail.

Have a good day.

I'm going to 'plod' to somewhere for some brekky.

• Like 1

Hope this thread keeps on for a bit. I'm hoping to join the super cub club soon. Just gotta get my ducks in a row first.

I agree. It shall stay as long as I have anything to do with it! ;)

One thing I have noticed is that this topic hasn't attracted the know it all, downers that ruin most others. Touch wood. Small bikes are awesome and there is a massive interest in them in this part of the world that seems to never be represented on this forum. So to anyone else out there, who likes smaller bikes, feel free to post up what you've got/what you're working on. But I'll always be partial to the cubs. :)