PHUKET NEWS TV: Airport Taxi Purge

Lite Beer

same meter price as bangkok or special phuket price ?

What do you think? They've already approved a special Phuket price again just recently. Hopefully now it will not be yet another government legitimized taxi scam, but I think we both have our doubts. We've seen it, been there, and done that… I have a bit of hope though now that the locals that thought they owned the beaches have been cleared off of them, for the most part now… Will we now hear from the class warfare brigade that this is unfair to poor working people as well? If they can buy a million baht car, they aren't poor! They are getting payed more than a doctor or a university professor, ridiculous!

So flat rate 850 baht to Patong....Meter taxi 750baht plus 100baht "Airport Surcharge"......Sounds up to par with crap leadership vs scams.

This is the kind of idiocy we could do without here.

Those numbers are made up by you. You are taking a dig against the military because you are a deluded red Takky fan boy.

Why don't you wait a few days and see what the real numbers are ? THEN if they are as your made up numbers, maybe some criticism would be warranted...

Meanwhile can you keep your bitter bile to yourself ?

I'm about 100% certain that green plates won't have meters installed. There would be a huge uproar in all the local rags if this were to be implemented ( even though it should be necessary to have a meter to get a taxi license IMO).

To someone else asking about Bangkok fares, "new fares" were introduced earlier this month or late last month and they are about 2.5-3 times higher than Bangkok, and about the same price as being quoted now, with a few exceptions.

So flat rate 850 baht to Patong....Meter taxi 750baht plus 100baht "Airport Surcharge"......Sounds up to par with crap leadership vs scams.

Those numbers are made up by you. You are taking a dig against the military because you are a deluded red Takky fan boy.

Why don't you wait a few days and see what the real numbers are ? THEN if they are as your made up numbers, maybe some criticism would be warranted...

Calm down dude. He was quoting the price from the video. He didn't make it up. You are the only one spewing bile here.

• Like 2

Rates agreed by our good Governor and awaiting approval from his lordship

Estimated cost of meter taxis is as follows:

Phuket Airport to Phuket City 400 baht
Phuket Airport to Chalong 470 baht
Phuket Airport to Patong 500 baht
Phuket Airport to Karon 600 baht
Phuket Airport to Laguna 300 baht
Phuket Airport to Cape Panwa 520 baht
Phuket Airport to Rawai 620 baht

Rates agreed by our good Governor and awaiting approval from his lordship

Estimated cost of meter taxis is as follows:

Phuket Airport to Phuket City 400 baht

Phuket Airport to Chalong 470 baht

Phuket Airport to Patong 500 baht

Phuket Airport to Karon 600 baht

Phuket Airport to Laguna 300 baht

Phuket Airport to Cape Panwa 520 baht

Phuket Airport to Rawai 620 baht

What about the new 300 baht "Airport Ticket?" biggrin.png

Know nothing about it. Please elaborate ?

Sarcasim.

Phuket Airport to Patong 100 baht - but customer must pay 700 baht "Airport Ticket." Get it?

Reasonable taxi fares, so not complaints against the taxis - just shift the rip off to "Airport Ticket" price, which should take them about another 10 years to address. biggrin.png

Edited by NamKangMan

You obviously did not watch the video! w00t.gif

They are having problems getting taxi's to convert to meters so just make a rule that the only taxi's allowed to pick up customers at the airport are meter taxi's.

Even when (if) they are fitted with meters then the next issue will be making the driver turn on the meter. Needs to be an official (soldier ?) on duty for pax to make a complaint right at the taxi pick-up rank.

They are having problems getting taxi's to convert to meters so just make a rule that the only taxi's allowed to pick up customers at the airport are meter taxi's.

Even when (if) they are fitted with meters then the next issue will be making the driver turn on the meter. Needs to be an official (soldier ?) on duty for pax to make a complaint right at the taxi pick-up rank.

Some of them may be very happy to turn the meter on, once they have "tricked it up."

How would a tourist really know at what rate the meter should click over?

Prab, and his "ASSociation" all trick them up at the same level, and that becomes the new cost of Phuket Airport taxi transport.

I can't see the Land Transport Office testing for meter calibration, especially after the Army leave, and the monthly envelopes flow freely again.

So, Phuket would then have metered taxis, as promised, but every one is still getting ripped off, perhaps even more so.

Relax man! I was referring to what was said in the video. Yes, I think there is horrible leadership when it comes to the airport for all parties involved. I am very happy with what the army has done and I hope they can continue the progress they are making. I think we would all feel a sense of accomplishment if and when any person can catch a metered cab with a comparable rate as Bangkok cabs. Having the meter run at 4 or 5 times the rate, doesn't help the forward progression of things.

p.s: I'd love for you to call me a "Deluded Red Takky Fan" to my face. You and I would have a very serious disagreement.