Phuket beach clean-up boss '90 percent happy with results'

webfact

Phuket beach clean-up boss ‘90pc happy with results’
Suthicha Sirirat

1408598822_1-org.jpg
V/Gov Jamroen listens to officials at Surin Beach at the start of the clean-up in June. TPN file photo

PHUKET: -- Vice governor Jamroen Tippayapongthada says that he is “90 per cent satisfied” with action taken so far to clear illegal structures from Phuket’s beaches.

The action can now move forward to the next stage, he said, helping those who have suffered from the mass clean-up.

V/Gov Jamroen, who has been leading the drive, said yesterday (August 20), “Many illegal structures on Phuket beaches have been taken down as officials follow the NCPO clean-up order.

“Cherng Talay once had a lot of big [illegal] restaurants, but these have all been stripped away.

Officials have received instructions to demolish any illegal structures on Patong Beach and Tritrang Beach, and have already requested owners of illegal structures along Kalim beach to demolish any that are built on public land. Officials will go after other instances of encroachment in that area.”

V/Gov Jamroen added that the provincial and local governments will assist anyone who has been affected by the clean up, offering training to help them develop new skills.

None will be allowed to reinvade the beach, he added. “We will work with local people to preserve the beaches for the public and to protect natural resources.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-beach-clean-up-boss-%E2%80%9890pc-happy-with-results%E2%80%99-47967.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-08-21

Next please clean up the officials- namely the guy on the right, who allowed it to happen.

Of course they never received and kind of financial incentive to allow it.

I agree with you EBlair48. It's this guy and his ilk's greed that allowed this to happen in the first place. All of these guys that have held these offices past and present should be held accountable.

Walking along Patong Beach early in the morning and having the eyesores of the Jet Ski operators tatty old plastic chairs and other assorted 1st class junk hitting the eyes is not a good look...they even chain the junk up to trees so no one can steal it...would have to an insane person to want to steal it...we have to bring our own chairs etc to the beach daily ...why cant these notorious rip off merchants do the same

Also it would be another win if they could cart the garbage collected along Beach Rd to another not quite so public place as the beach end of Bangla Rd before they spread it out before sorting it

Maybe old habits die hard or maybe it is just a little education

• Like 1

I really love the way how the Authorites work with people and try very hard to keep calm.

I learnt from my Thai family that some (if not most) of these squatters already had other business and substantial well located business's just up the street from the beach.

So if that were true then these guys saying they lost their jobs and such as a result of the cleanup are not being straight ahead.

The game goes on.

Regards

Let's hope phase two is the actual clean up of the beaches which the vendors neglected to even consider. Plenty of army chaps needing experience of cleaning up rubble and trash, than phase three, hire the vendors to keep the beaches clean on a daily basis.

i would like to know what "phase" cleaning up the public transport fiasco will be. No real action on that front, as yet.

Walking along Patong Beach early in the morning and having the eyesores of the Jet Ski operators tatty old plastic chairs and other assorted 1st class junk hitting the eyes is not a good look...they even chain the junk up to trees so no one can steal it...would have to an insane person to want to steal it...we have to bring our own chairs etc to the beach daily ...why cant these notorious rip off merchants do the same

Also it would be another win if they could cart the garbage collected along Beach Rd to another not quite so public place as the beach end of Bangla Rd before they spread it out before sorting it

Right compete thugs who did more to damage the 'ol precious reputation of Thailand more so than any other group. Complete rip off artists, yet allowed to continue and even stake natty claims to trees. What a load of BS !!.

• Like 1

Let's hope phase two is the actual clean up of the beaches which the vendors neglected to even consider. Plenty of army chaps needing experience of cleaning up rubble and trash, than phase three, hire the vendors to keep the beaches clean on a daily basis.

Brings up a good question; where is the money coming from to pay pay for all these extra troop deployments. Where are they staying ? And ditto paying vendors Hundreds of businesses destroyed, thousands of workers no longer paid, no longer buying and the goods that were taxed, like liquor -are no longer. Should I trust the junta to have thought of all this?

Not likely.

Right compete thugs who did more to damage the 'ol precious reputation of Thailand more so than any other group. Complete rip off artists, yet allowed to continue and even stake natty claims to trees. What a load of BS !!.

The clean up will not be complete until the jet ski thugs are totally out of the picture. They should not be able to even talk to the public. There is nothing but contempt for the law on their part and their actions over the last few years has been totally disgraceful. If this issue is not put to rest for once and for all, respect for our new PM will go out the window.

General ... PM this is a task that only you can resolve, just do it and gain everyone's respect. This is the worst of the worst !!!

I really love the way how the Authorites work with people and try very hard to keep calm.

I learnt from my Thai family that some (if not most) of these squatters already had other business and substantial well located business's just up the street from the beach.

So if that were true then these guys saying they lost their jobs and such as a result of the cleanup are not being straight ahead.

The game goes on.

Regards

I learned from the 30 or so I asked on Bang Tao the last few days - no money, no job, no happy.

The clean up will not be complete until the jet ski thugs are totally out of the picture. They should not be able to even talk to the public. There is nothing but contempt for the law on their part and their actions over the last few years has been totally disgraceful. If this issue is not put to rest for once and for all, respect for our new PM will go out the window.

General ... PM this is a task that only you can resolve, just do it and gain everyone's respect. This is the worst of the worst !!!

I haven't quite figured that one out yet, nor the three taxi stands still operating near me , one with a satellite dish and sofas.

What do Jet ski operators at Patong have over the Army that has allowed them immunity from recent crackdowns. It is a very interesting question