Digital nomad, online workers.. Permission !

There's always Singapore for you

Singapore isn't one of those places you can wander into and start running your own company.

And EntrePass is even stricter than Thailand's company setup requirements.

You don't think i know that :-) I was suggesting to tim that he can go elsewhere

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a new article just out by the Chiang Mai Mail that may be clearer with the below statement - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/754414-immigration-clarifies-new-regulations-for-foreigners-in-chiang-mai/

"He noted that online work for overseas companies that pay overseas is not prohibited but that the person will need to get a visa to stay longer, currently there is no new visa for these kinds of people."

There is a new article just out by the Chiang Mai Mail that may be clearer with the below statement - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/754414-immigration-clarifies-new-regulations-for-foreigners-in-chiang-mai/

"He noted that online work for overseas companies that pay overseas is not prohibited but that the person will need to get a visa to stay longer, currently there is no new visa for these kinds of people."

So an online worker can work under tourist visa or any other visa. It is not prohibited. This makes sense, the money coming from overseas is a nice extra bonus for the country.

Edited by Timwin

I see nothing about tourist visa in what the immigration officer was quoted as saying.

I do know that "online work" is not on the current list of professions prohibited for foreigners, and apparently the the immigration officer being quoted knows this also.