Man suspected of the fatal stabbing of German bar owner taken into custody: Koh Samui

webfact

Man suspected of the fatal stabbing of Samui bar owner taken into custody

murder-suspects-3.jpg
Taken into custody

murder-suspects-2.jpg
Three suspects

KOH SAMUI: -- Three men were taken into the Bophut police station for questioning after an altercation in a car park in Chaweng lead to a scuffle that resulted in a German Bar owner losing his life after being attacked with a broken bottle.

Witnesses to the incident told police that the dispute came about when three youths refused to stop drinking and sitting on the 46 year old victim’s motorbike. When the German bar owner became angry with the youths they punched him in the face and then attacked him with broken beer bottles, an attack that is thought to have severed the man’s arteries causing his death.

CCTV footage captured the three on tape which led to them being questioned and one man being taken into custody.

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2014-08-21

• Like 1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The suspects don't look very concerned, do they?

I'm afraid that precedent has shown that there are no serious crimes against foreigners, except for the very odd time when they want to make a big deal out of a murder to convince embassies that they are concerned about tourist safety.

I would never have got myself in the situation the victim did (RIP). When I see situations like this, I just assume that they are on yabaa and not functioning with good judgement. It seems like a very large portion of Thai teens who night crawl are.

Edited by waynethor

Police Arrest 3 Suspected Of Murdering German On Koh Samui

By Khaosod English

14086140811408614682l.jpg

The crime scene on Koh Samui island where Schwartges Volker, 46, was stabbed to death on 20 August 2014.

SURAT THANI Three Thai teenagers have been arrested for allegedly stabbing a German bar owner to death on Koh Samui island yesterday.

The three suspects are between 15 and 17 years old, said Pol.Col. Satit Prom-uthai, an officer at Bo Phut Police Station.

According to Pol.Col. Satit, the suspects confessed to stabbing Schwartges Volker, 46, in Chaweng Beachs entertainment yesterday morning following a heated argument. Pol.Col. Satit said a search of the suspects' residences turned up a knife that was reportedly used in the attack; previous police reports indicated that Mr. Volker was stabbed by shards of glass from a broken beer bottle.

One of the suspects said Mr. Volker berated the group for sitting on his motorcycle in the parking lot of a nightclub, Pol.Col. Satit said. The suspects confessed to punching and stabbing him in the neck, the officer said.

"They fled the crime scene without knowing that the victim was dead," Pol.Col. Satit said.

The three suspects have been charged with premeditated murder.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1408614081

kse.png

-- Khaosod English 2014-08-21

• Like 2

they sure don't look remorseful

They often don't do they!

Many a time I have seen people at the police station smiling, smirking or even laughing, and often someone is dead, and the person so highly amused is presumably looking at an extended period of time incarcerated.

Makes you want to get physical until they do look sorry.

Punks.

Well, they confessed = They should HANG or at least live the rest of their lives in irons.

Capital Punishment may or may not be a deterrent, but then again it's not called Capital Deterrent is it?

Creten is what they are.

15-17 years old?
Certainly there are the youth criminal law, but are they ever socially acceptable?
Are they ever been before striking, any police records?
They look more like junkies.
Were drug tests performed?
I do not like brain-dead drug zombie killers walking free around.
Edited by tomacht8

These three low-lives are really a reflection of whomever raised them - three pathetic souls.

Big mistake by the German man by not recognizing instantly whom he was dealing with. A quick needs assessment tells one to avoid confrontation at all costs...

Unless only one attacked him and the other two backed off and showed zero aggression, all three should be charged with murder...

Now why was only one arrested?

CB

They are considered children under Thai law, thus held unaccountable after a light slap upon their wrists.

I just read in the san francisco newspaper that a 15-year gang member was sentenced as an adult and was given a life sentence w/o parole....

It might not deter crime, bit he is off the street forever. The only thing I object is he becomes a financial dependent of the state. Should he die prematurely in prison, a win-win for everyone...

CB