Man suspected of the fatal stabbing of German bar owner taken into custody: Koh Samui

webfact

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't wish death on the killers

I don't know anything about the story so why would I judge

This is Thailand and not the west there could be a whole lot more to this story than what we read

I seriously doubt he was murdered for having a go at them for sitting on his bike

If people are ready to believe that then they should take off there stupid hats

This is Thailand and not the west there could be a whole lot more to this story than what we read

I seriously doubt he was murdered for having a go at them for sitting on his bike

And if people followed up on the story, they wouldn't make silly comments on TV...

And if people followed up on the story, they wouldn't make silly comments on TV...

What story a bunch of lines in a news paper if don't read them

I have read so much bull hit in newspapers that even if I do read it then it is just to pass time or for entertainment

I make assumption based on the facts I know

I might not know all of them then neither do papers

All I know if that he was stabbed judging by CCTV probably by Thais and those are all the facts I know or care about

With out knowing him or the accused personally I can't comment and play judge a jury based on a few news articles. I can only hope if I a accused of something then the judge doesn't get his evidence on my out of a newspaper or the telly

Edited by BigC

UPDATE:

Eye witness account of stabbing revels five involved in the fatal Chaweng attack

murder-weapon-samui-stabbing.jpeg

KOH SAMUI: -- The Samui Times has received several, unconfirmed, eye witness reports to suggest that five youths were involved in the fatal stabbing of German owner of the 99 Bar in Chaweng.

One witness, who claims to have seen CCTV footage of the incident told the Samui Times that therewas an altercation between the victim and some Thai men inside a bar, our source was unable to confirm whether or not this argument took place in the Sound Bar.

Witness accounts say that according to the CCTV footage later the victim got onto his bike outside the GB lounge when five men attacked him with kicks and punches, before one man literally leapt into the air towards him and slashed his neck with the knife while still air born.

The assailants then ran in the direction of the car park behind Soi Green Mango, with the victim staggering after them. The CCTV footage then ends. Eye witness accounts go on to say the victim then returned to the front of the GB lounge where he collapsed and took his last breath.

According to police reports yesterday three men were taken into custody and admitted that the stabbing was with the use of a knife rather than a beer bottle as originally thought, it now appears that all five have been apprehended.

samuitimes-logo.jpg

-- Samui Times 2014-08-22

Five on one makes a lot more sense. I was thinking that only 3 against 1 was very brave for the usual way of Thai street fighting.

So the story has changed already from him being killed for asking them to get off his bike to being jumped outside GB lounge

Just annoys me the way people judge with out knowing anything apart from him being killed

People obviously either haven't lived here long enough or have and still haven't a clue in the Thai justice system

• Like 1

So let me get this right people are saying murder is wrong and hoping they get the death penalty

So let me ask you this

If you really hate these people and they walk away free I mean really hate them

Maybe hey killed your brother and you could not believe they got off

Then would you swallow it or would you look for alternative justice

As if you did the news would just simply print forang arrested for murder

And people would be commenting on the forang and how he deserved it depending on how the story was written

Death penalty please . . . scum like this don't deserve to breathe the same air as everyone else . . .

Exactly correct. I do believe there are certain acts a man (or in this case a child) commits, which essentially revokes his right to breathe oxygen. In this case, these cockroaches stepped over the line. Too bad he did not have a stun gun, or a high powered canister of mace. I would have loved to have seen that on tape. Instead these heartless punks took his life. Yes, I do hope they spend the rest of their lives in prison, and become someones girlfriend the whole time. Anal rape is almost too good for these goombas.

The real issue here, is do their families have money, and if so, can they somehow be insulated from the fabulously corrupt judges and prosecutors on Samui?

Death penalty please . . . scum like this don't deserve to breathe the same air as everyone else . . .

Exactly correct. I do believe there are certain acts a man (or in this case a child) commits, which essentially revokes his right to breathe oxygen. In this case, these cockroaches stepped over the line. Too bad he did not have a stun gun, or a high powered canister of mace. I would have loved to have seen that on tape. Instead these heartless punks took his life. Yes, I do hope they spend the rest of their lives in prison, and become someones girlfriend the whole time. Anal rape is almost too good for these goombas.

The real issue here, is do their families have money, and if so, can they somehow be insulated from the fabulously corrupt judges and prosecutors on Samui?

you don't even know what happened thank god you are one of Samui's judges or one could get life in Jail just from a photo. Have u seen the CCTV???

Do you really know why he was attacked. You would make an excellent judge. you would fit right into a corrupt country. Not saying that samui is corrupt just saying that you would fit into a corrupt country. ready to convict someone on a photo and a newspaper story.

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

you don't even know what happened thank god you are one of Samui's judges or one could get life in Jail just from a photo. Have u seen the CCTV???

Do you really know why he was attacked. You would make an excellent judge. you would fit right into a corrupt country. Not saying that samui is corrupt just saying that you would fit into a corrupt country. ready to convict someone on a photo and a newspaper story.

What are you saying exactly? He stabbed himself in his own neck with a broken beer bottle?

What are you saying exactly? He stabbed himself in his own neck with a broken beer bottle?

What are you saying. Just grab anyone off the street and give them the death penalty. Without looking into all evidence????

What are you saying. Just grab anyone off the street and give them the death penalty. Without looking into all evidence????

Don't think anyone is suggesting that people should be grabbed off the street randomly, however IF the youths have been caught on camera, IF they are then found guilty in Court, THEN they deserve the death penalty. "Why" he was attacked is purely a matter for reducing/mitigating (possibly) any sentence given, not whether they are guilty or not. Simple enough for you?

Don't think anyone is suggesting that people should be grabbed off the street randomly, however IF the youths have been caught on camera, IF they are then found guilty in Court, THEN they deserve the death penalty. "Why" he was attacked is purely a matter for reducing/mitigating (possibly) any sentence given, not whether they are guilty or not. Simple enough for you?

No it is not enough for me

For all I know these Thai people deserve it and they are bullies that deserve the death penalty but I am open after being in Thailand for a long time that just because you are someone being killed does not necessarily mean that the killers did not have a bigger or much bigger or even huge motive for doing so.

If people are let down by the law then I have seen it is not in common to seek personal justice

This is the country we have chosen to live in and it is completely different than the work we come from

For example if the German man is completely innocent and the family for no justice so they went to seek alter nice justice and were caught an had an example made of them then the death penalty and murder are the same

No it is not enough for me

For all I know these Thai people deserve it and they are bullies that deserve the death penalty but I am open after being in Thailand for a long time that just because you are someone being killed does not necessarily mean that the killers did not have a bigger or much bigger or even huge motive for doing so.

If people are let down by the law then I have seen it is not in common to seek personal justice

This is the country we have chosen to live in and it is completely different than the work we come from

For example if the German man is completely innocent and the family for no justice so they went to seek alter nice justice and were caught an had an example made of them then the death penalty and murder are the same

Sorry, I didn't understand your post at all.

Are you saying that if the alleged killers had a (in your words) bigger motive against the victim, then it's acceptable to murder him in cold blood????

• 2 weeks later...

met loads of forages that give it the big one to Thais and to other forages. they reckon they are IT because they have a bit of cash. Then large it up to the wrong people saying how many people they know and bla bla.

If it annoys me imagine how the locals get when some foreigner starts to act like he is mafia.

Does them allot of good having a bit of money and knowing people when one is dead.

notice i have not casted this post into any individuals direction this innocent does remind me of some Forang idiots who reckon they can talk down to people and talk rubbish.

I have had a few punch ups with some so called mafia. Didn't do them much good then and still waiting for a so called hit man to come for me

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah 3 deaths for 1 - you've got brains.

As long as it saves anymore deaths after theirs ................who cares, I know I dont!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Suspects in the murder of a 46 year old German man in Samui could walk free on Tuesday

Today Monday 17.11.2014 sees the deadline for charges to be brought against the killers of Volker Schwartges, the 46 year old German man from Duesseldorf who was stabled to death in Chaweng. The suspects have now been detained for 84 days, the maximum amount of time they are able to be detained without charges. If public prosecutor has not built up a case against the five juveniles they will walk free on Tuesday. A German news correspondent has confirmed information from the Samui Court that there has not yet been any movement in this case. Three suspects between ages 15 and 17 were arrested after the incident in the Green Mango Soi in Chaweng. Acc Pol.Col. Satit said a search of the suspects’ residences turned up a knife that was reportedly used in the attack; previous police reports indicated that Mr. Volker was stabbed by shards of glass from a broken beer bottle. One of the suspects said Mr. Volker berated the group for sitting on his motorcycle in the parking lot of a nightclub, Pol.Col. Satit said. The suspects confessed to punching and stabbing him in the neck after the argument escalated, the officer said. “They fled the crime scene without knowing that the victim was dead,” Pol.Col. Satit said. The post Suspects in the murder of a 46...

http://www.samuitimes.com/suspects-murder-46-year-old-german-man-samui-walk-free-tuesday/

Edited by StealthEnergiser

84 days and they walk , looks very much like police corruption again

Its the prosecutor that can't appear to make a case.

The police have entered into evidence the murder weapon and have a statement from the accused. Thats decent enough police work and not "corruption".

If I recall, there was some issue with the girlfriend backtracking her statement since the German boyfriend was dead and she was getting back together with the Thai boyfriend? Not ever a good thing for the prosecution when they lose their star witness.

• Like 1

The police have entered into evidence the murder weapon and have a statement from the accused. Thats decent enough police work and not "corruption".

If I recall, there was some issue with the girlfriend backtracking her statement since the German boyfriend was dead and she was getting back together with the Thai boyfriend? Not ever a good thing for the prosecution when they lose their star witness.

Surely that would be enough for the prosecutor to go with .

Surely that would be enough for the prosecutor to go with .

Stealth,

This seems like another one of those cases that fall under, "Mysteries of the Orient".

I am glad you followed up with a recent update to a high-profile case that got its 5 minutes of fame here only to fade away like so many others without us ever knowing the outcome.

I certainly hope the killers do more serious time than 3 months. They went there with a knife and looking to kill the guy most likely.

Edited by ClutchClark
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...