Second fatal stabbing in Samui's popular Chaweng area

webfact

Second fatal stabbing in Samui's popular Chaweng area

stab-victim-in-Chaweng.jpg

KOH SAMUI: -- On the 20th of August the police in Koh Samui received reports that a man armed with a knife had stabbed another man to death in a trinket shop in Chaweng.

Tourists looked in horror as the attack played out in front of their eyes just a few doors down from the popular Nori Indian restaurant at around 8-30pm.

The victim of the stabbing is said to be a Burmese shop assistant aged 30, the attacker a 48 year old Burmese man who is thought to work as an electrician in the Chaweng area.

Witnesses told the police that the men had been arguing and as the argument heated up the older man pulled out a knife and stabbed the younger man in the area of his left nipple. After some struggle the younger man died.

The attacker then attempted run from the scene but on lookers including tourists apprehended the man who was later taken into police custody where he confessed to attacking his younger brother first with a bottle and then fatally with a knife over an argument about the younger man flirting.

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2014-08-21

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thailands love affair with meth strikes again?

Where did you glean "meth strikes again?" from the news article.

Mind boggling! Trolling this morning? Did I just take the bait?

Shame on me then!

• Like 2

Speaking only of Chaweng, but during my last 2 visits I got the impression it was more of a sh*thole than both Patong and Pattaya. It seemed to me like all the scum who were even to low for the 2 aforementioned cities had relocated there. Sad, as 15 years ago it was a quite lovely.

honeymooned there 25yrs ago,lovely behond my dreams nearly went back in 2003 to look for land.what a mistake that would have been.what is happening here in Thailand,the past 20yrs has led to tooooooooo many flat bums who have just reaped the rewards and done NOTHING.

Speaking only of Chaweng, but during my last 2 visits I got the impression it was more of a sh*thole than both Patong and Pattaya. It seemed to me like all the scum who were even to low for the 2 aforementioned cities had relocated there. Sad, as 15 years ago it was a quite lovely.

That's some achievement to be shittier and attract scummier scum than in those places. Shame really, as Samui 15-20 years back was a lovely place.

RIP to the victim, what defines "flirting" when the interpreter of one's actions is coming from a jealous mindset?

I can't help to wonder if there are not enough Thai people that are electricians or shop keeper's assistants?

I can do either of those two jobs and I wouldn't be a threat of killing someone. wai.gif

Yes everything is changing and we are more and more in slavery-called money and people will do anything due to these papers. So that the violence will grow up and where it has an end. It reads Everyone knows it does not end until the called money in slavery.