Immigration Bureau told to be flexible with 'visa runners'

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, that is an important step in bring back tourism. Keep making it easy for tourist to stay. I know many that want to stay 6 onths.

Now the next step. Allow all bars in tourist areas to be open 24x7. Tourist do not have to go to work in the morning. That is why there is a bar closing rule in the world to begin with. When I was in Irland the closing time was around 11pm - serioulsy.

Let the night life keep rolling allowing tourist to spend money their maximum amount that will refeash the Thailand economy. All areas in the world that are tourist heavy allow bars to be open 24x7 and some even 365. Thirdly, protect the tourist and serve them.

• Like 2

so if i rock up on a 30 day exempt and tell them i want to register as a visa runner will they allow me to come n go for 180 days without problems? it would save me the hassle of £500 + in visa fees n police crbs plus doctors certificate

• Like 1

I suppose this is another one of those phrases that lost something in translation: "The runners can register with the bureau". Register as what, visa runners? facepalm.gif

Every announcement on this sort of thing for the past decade....and probably longer......always contains enough "guff" to start another 200 post thread.

What on EARTH does "The runners can register with the bureau" mean,, where has THIS suddenly come from?

Why do they think that most of visa runners are english teachers. Kinda strange for me.

This new rules affected many people who spend more than 60+ baht each month and not work in Thailand.

P.S. Damn English teachers, why innocent should suffer because of your sins? If you work in Thailand got work permit, what's wrong with you i though western people are good enough to respect the laws.

Edited by istinspring

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"So, this is an ongoing problem that needs to be resolved, as it can lead to a shortage of English teachers and guides," he said during his weekly TV programme.

How about enforcing the schools to adhere to the law and providing work permits instead of keeping teachers semi-illegal.

How about just making it CHEAPER and EASIER for the little schools to get work permits.

Someone who is passionate about teaching, does preparation, knows how to get the best out of their students, has done a teaching course, how to correct and make their students better and knows how to teach is what makes a good teacher.

I wish for the day they scrap the degree requirement and do a teaching observation and screening instead. Then, everyone wins, bar the bad teachers.

Unfortunately, it's the MOE I believe that needs to wake up to this.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I am in favor of this.

Edited by Somtamboopala
  • Like 1

Ok, that is an important step in bring back tourism. Keep making it easy for tourist to stay. I know many that want to stay 6 onths.

Now the next step. Allow all bars in tourist areas to be open 24x7. Tourist do not have to go to work in the morning. That is why there is a bar closing rule in the world to begin with. When I was in Irland the closing time was around 11pm - serioulsy.

Let the night life keep rolling allowing tourist to spend money their maximum amount that will refeash the Thailand economy. All areas in the world that are tourist heavy allow bars to be open 24x7 and some even 365. Thirdly, protect the tourist and serve them.

Maybe they should think about giving retirement visas to people under 50, if they have money to show they can live , what is the problem if they are young or old ? If they have money to stay and spend, and have clean criminal record, let's welcome than. Nobody can milk any system in Thailand, because there is no system, you pay for everything, so it makes sense to let people choose to spend their moneys in Thailand.

does your home country allow that?

• Like 2