BANGKOK 18 February 2019 11:09
Sign in to follow this  
Lite Beer

Briton on holiday in Thailand catches 10 stone carp using a piece of bread

So how much do these fish weigh in real terms, ie Kg.

What is a stone apart from something you throw at dogs?

clap2.gif

Speak in kgs, please, I am lazy to convert ( stones and pounds mean nothing to me )

Are you too lazy to google "conversion pound kg" and enter a value?

post-91253-0-49530700-1408764872_thumb.j

Stone is a measurement used in the Stoneage in GB and Scottland. The rest of the world since adopted Kilos and Pounds.

As has UK but the good all USofA still insist on Pounds and miles and Deg F.

sorry but IMHO catching fish at some tiny over stocked dam managed and controlled for the sole purpose of fishing tourism simply doesn't count, taking your kid there to teach them fishing is one thing, counting World records is another all together. Personally I couldn't think of a worse way to go fishing.

...battling for almost an hour with his hands gripped to his rod and adrenaline pumping through his body...

I used to do that when I was young, how come I never caught anything?
It's only when someone else does that to you do you run then risk of catching something :) Edited by Absolut

I understand where you are coming from.....it's an age thing

I'll tell you in exchange for you telling me how many kiliograms there are to a mile.tongue.png

Edited by Tanlic

...battling for almost an hour with his hands gripped to his rod and adrenaline pumping through his body...

I fought some flak when my mom walked in on me once.

Always remember: the other sock is for the doorknob on the outside.

T

• Like 1

"Briton catches using a piece of bread"

I caught some crap when I tried to pay at bar with a piece of bread.

T

Consider yourself lucky....

Yes it is strange how people,particularly the Brits, seem to be averse to metrication. Shopping in a grocers in England is a laugh, where were these people educated, this is basic stuff after all. The youngsters may be wizzes on their iPhones etc, but regrettably their awareness about everyday matters is sadly lacking. I forgive the oldies, but only just.

What a score! Catch and release? I myself don't care for the taste of carp as they are bottom feeders

but have been told that if cooked correctly is pretty tasty.

Yes it is strange how people,particularly the Brits, seem to be averse to metrication. Shopping in a grocers in England is a laugh, where were these people educated, this is basic stuff after all. The youngsters may be wizzes on their iPhones etc, but regrettably their awareness about everyday matters is sadly lacking. I forgive the oldies, but only just.

I'm French and therefore, I am more familiar with the metric system, but it didn't take me long to find a conversion tool (see one of my previous posts above). Actually, it probably takes less time to get the results using Google than to post the question in this thread, but I am a forgiving person too... wink.png

By the way, if everything were the same and standardised globally, the World would be a less interesting place, IMHO. In Thailand, you also sometimes have to use other units of measurements (rai, tarang wa, etc.)! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_units_of_measurement

• Like 1

What a score! Catch and release? I myself don't care for the taste of carp as they are bottom feeders

but have been told that if cooked correctly is pretty tasty.

My wife tried to tell the same thing, when she cooked it, NOPE, tasted like mud...

• Like 1

Britain has been metric for many years now. It is illegal for grocers to sell produce in pounds and ounces.

The only hangover as far as I know are road speeds which are still in mph due to cost of metric replacements.