Multiple Non-O visa run Penang for visiting family success

Very good, it may be worth of noting that you can extend each 90 days entry for further 60 at immigration for Bt 1,900 and no financial proof. That will allow you to use this visa for almost 17 months before getting a new one. Note in the last 5 months you will need a re-entry permit in case you want to take a trip.

Very good, it may be worth of noting that you can extend each 90 days entry for further 60 at immigration for Bt 1,900 and no financial proof. That will allow you to use this visa for almost 17 months before getting a new one. Note in the last 5 months you will need a re-entry permit in case you want to take a trip.

Never thought about that. I suppose you could do it that way. The very last stamp out do an extension to get the extra. I never saw the point of it and opt to just renew the visa. Sometimes you need a break from LoS if you know what I mean. Penang offers a lot of the 'normalcy' of a developed country without the being overly expensive.

How early can you apply for an extension from your initial (or expiration date of) permission to stay period?

And I should add to my initial post that if you intend to take a bus like 304, make sure you are taking the correct leg. If you take it from Jalan Burma, there should be no problems (one-way). But if you took it from [inside] Komtar, you would be going to Queensbay Mall, 1+ hours away from the Thai Consulate. The bus route maps do not have turn-by-turn maps of all the streets they cover, just major stops along the route; you have to either know what you are doing or ask a driver. The info desks are sometimes lost themselves, even if you give them a major cross street.

What is the 150,000 baht part about? Isn't it 400,000 for a 1 year extension and no money requirements for the 90 extension?

He got a visa not an extension. In his case he was fortunate to only need 150k baht other have needed 400k there.

There is no 90 day extension. Perhaps you mean the 60 day extension to visa a Thai wife or child.

What is the 150,000 baht part about? Isn't it 400,000 for a 1 year extension and no money requirements for the 90 extension?

He got a visa not an extension. In his case he was fortunate to only need 150k baht other have needed 400k there.

There is no 90 day extension. Perhaps you mean the 60 day extension to visa a Thai wife or child.

Yes, that's what I meant.

I was worried for a moment.

Right now I have a 1 year non-o based on marriage and plan to extend it only 60 days, then get a 90 day tourist visa. I will be leaving Thailand next spring.

Right now I have a 1 year non-o based on marriage and plan to extend it only 60 days, then get a 90 day tourist visa. I will be leaving Thailand next spring.

You should get a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage. It works out to being 900 baht cheaper than than a tourist visa because you don't need an extension to get 90 days.

• Like 1

You should get a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage. It works out to being 900 baht cheaper than than a tourist visa because you don't need an extension to get 90 days.

Thanks for the information.

All of this visa stuff is so confusing.

Can you break that down for me. Currently I have a non-o that will expire in October. I am leaving Thailand in April or May.

Where would I get it? Is there a financial requirement?

Can you break that down for me. Currently I have a non-o that will expire in October. I am leaving Thailand in April or May.

I you a have a multiple entry non-o you can get another 90 day entry by doing an entry just before it expires.

Then do the 60 day extension.

You can get a single entry non-o visa at any nearby embassy or consulate with no financial proof. You just need your marriage certificate and copies of your wife's house book and ID card.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

When it comes to visas, particularly in the region, the specific requirements for each category visa vary slightly from consulate to consulate. On the books it is 400,000 thai baht or 40,000 monthly (or equivalent) income proof for visiting family (to be honest, I'm not 100% sure this is an actual multiple entry non-imm visa requirement or just a 1 year extension requirement). But especially in neighboring countries, they have lower or will waive the financial requirement for that category. Savannakhet, Laos the financial proof is waived altogether. Penang and KL Malaysia they want proof but it needs to only be >150k although not completely sure about KL just going off of what I remember from these forums and of course my own experience in Penang. Another Penangite (Malay national) claimed to get it at Penang with about 200k in a thai bank (no seasoning); he was married.

I am speculating that the smaller requirements has been that way for some time simply because regionally the avg spouse/parent may not always have the full 400k laying around, but they may not want people abandoning their families. Visiting friends is a whole different animal, but when was the last time anyone in the region got a visa for visiting friends?

Edited by 4evermaat

I you a have a multiple entry non-o you can get another 90 day entry by doing an entry just before it expires.

You can get a single entry non-o visa at any nearby embassy or consulate with no financial proof. You just need your marriage certificate and copies of your wife's house book and ID card.

Thanks for the help. But I am not really any less confused about what I should do.

Right now, my plan is to get the 60 day extension on my non-o at immigration in October. Then, when that expires, get a tourist or non-o in Penang.

How is this different than getting a 90 day non-o in Penang then extending it here when it expires? And how is it different than getting a multiple entry non-o?

Is there a link with reliable up to date information about these and how they can be used?

Maybe I should just rephrase my question(s).

I have a 1 year non-o that I have had for 3 years now.

I want to stay from October to April or May without doing the 1 year extension.

What is the cheapest and easiest route to go without the financial requirement?

Edited by kleelof

Thanks for the help. But I am not really any less confused about what I should do.

Right now, my plan is to get the 60 day extension on my non-o at immigration in October. Then, when that expires, get a tourist or non-o in Penang.

How is this different than getting a 90 day non-o in Penang then extending it here when it expires? And how is it different than getting a multiple entry non-o?

Is there a link with reliable up to date information about these and how they can be used?

You confused it when you wrote you had a non-o visa and now say you have an extension.

A single entry non-o will give a 90 day entry. In order to get 90 days from a tourist visa you have to pay 1900 baht to get a 30 day extension. It is 1000 baht for a single entry tourist visa then add 1900 baht for the extension. A single entry non-o costs 2000 baht.

You can do a 60 day extension when your extension ends, then 90 days from the non-o and then another 60 day extension. That gives you total of 210 days,

You confused it when you wrote you had a non-o visa and now say you have an extension.

A single entry non-o will give a 90 day entry. In order to get 90 days from a tourist visa you have to pay 1900 baht to get a 30 day extension. It is 1000 baht for a single entry tourist visa then add 1900 baht for the extension. A single entry non-o costs 2000 baht.

You can do a 60 day extension when your extension ends, then 90 days from the non-o and then another 60 day extension. That gives you total of 210 days,

Thanks.

Maybe I should just rephrase my question(s).

I have a 1 year non-o that I have had for 3 years now.

I want to stay from October to April or May without doing the 1 year extension.

What is the cheapest and easiest route to go without the financial requirement?

You never mentioned your current visa expiry date. If your current non-o visa expires in October AND if you are MARRIED or have a thai child, do one last border run just before the non-o expires. That will put you to Jan 2015. You can then do a 60 day extension for 1900 baht extend until March, 2015.

Assuming Out-In border runs are still restricted for those WITHOUT a current visa, if you want to stay longer, you'll need to do a single entry non-o. Perhaps you can start a new thread if it is still not clear.

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi, is it still possible to get the multiple entry non Imm o for family visit as for august 2014

I have all of the necessary paperwork.

I am going on Feb 1st so really hope for the 1 year visa!

Posted 2014-08-23 11:10:18

POPULAR

The paperwork was very similar to the last time I got a visa in Pinang Malaysia, but I will restate it here:

- Thailand visa application form Multiple entry, Non-Immigrant O for visiting family requested.

- original passport with > 1 year validity, lots of spare pages.

- copy of passport photo/signature page, signed

- 2 passport photos

- copy of mother's thai id card, signed

- copy of thai dependent's birth certificate, signed

- copy of tambien baan (housebook) page with dependent's full name/national ID number and parent's first names and the first page with the land/property description. The 2 pages were small enough to fit on one A4 page. Signed

- Bank statement showing >≈150k baht or equivalent (for non-Thai bank); signed. I used non thai bank.

After reviewing the paperwork, I was asked if I stay with my family, and then the 550 ringgit fee was collected and the receipt stamped. I was one of the last people in line when it was finished (noon-ish). All that worrying that morning for nothing. I came back the next day in the afternoon and picked up the passport in 30 seconds after handing her the receipt from the day before (no one waiting)

Hi.

Just a quick question, i plan to do a Non-immigrant visa next week.

When i pick up my passport the following day, i see that most people write "afternoon", is this most likely 12-1300?

The reason is i would like to catch the 1645 flight to Bangkok the same day i pickup my passport.

Could anyone share a more precise time, please?

Cant be easier then laos

In penang it is, and you need not ever set foot in the consulate.

Also, I have received this visa for a few years running now and never shown the tabien baan.

Mothers I'd, child's birth cert my passport and a bank book showing I can afford to be there are the only docs I have shown. The bank book always freshly updated and in my experience showing between 80 - 300k -- esentailly whatever I had in there at the time, but the bank book xclearly shows regular top ups in the form of foreign transfers.

Edited by HooHaa

Hi.

When i pick up my passport the following day, i see that most people write "afternoon", is this most likely 12-1300?

The reason is i would like to catch the 1645 flight to Bangkok the same day i pickup my passport.

It is 2 pm for pickup of your passport. Others have been able to make the16:45 flight after getting their passport back.

• Like 1

Hi.

It is 2 pm for pickup of your passport. Others have been able to make the16:45 flight after getting their passport back.
Thank you Joe for your always informative replies.

A more recent report answering your questions was here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/868463-non-o-multiple-visiting-family-success-again-in-penang/

Get to the consulate @ 14:00 and then take a taxi for about 30RM direct to airport. (Maybe you can split with someone). You can chance it with one of the busses back to Komtar and then the AT to airport, but i would avoid that if you are not experienced with RapidPenang.

Here is a thread to help you navigate travel options to/from Penang: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/879418-guide-travelling-to-george-town-penang-and-back-to-thailand/

• 4 months later...

Those who live in Thailand have your own shorthand regarding visas, but for us newbies, it's all a huge mystery: how did you jump from a 90 day visa to 17 months? Can you spell that out for us, say, using a real date....the 15th July maybe....?

I admit to being confused because I was led to believe that my non-immig. O-visa 90 days would be magically 'renewed' on re-entry to Thailand, but what you're saying is that you have to re-enter on the 60 day visa which can be extended by one month totalling 90 days.

And presumably you can be in Malaysia for an undefined period of say 1 month before returning...are there any restrictions on return date?

And presumably you can be in Malaysia for an undefined period of say 1 month and then

We are talking about two different things here:

1. Visa. If you enter with a Non Imm O visa, you are given a 90-day stay on entry. If the visa is multiple entry, you can leave Thailand and return (prior to the Enter Before date on the visa) and receive another 90-day entry.
  2. Extensions of stay. When legally in the country, having entered using a Non Imm O visa, you can towards the end of your permission to stay apply to extend the date by which you must leave. If you request a 60-day extension to visit Thai spouse or child, this is usually easy to get with no financial proof needed. You can only get one 60-day extension per entry. You can also apply for a one-year extension. The requirements for this vary, but invariably contain some kind of financial proof.

The "17 months" assumes

• You enter Thailand for the first time on th date you initially receive a one-year multiple entry visa.
  • (Various entries and possible extensions inbetween)
  • You leave and re-enter Thailand on the last day your visa is valid (12 months after the initial entry) receiving a 90-day permission to stay
  • Towards the end of that entry, you apply for a 60-day extension.

In theory, this allows you to stay for 12 months plus 150 days (approximately 17 months).