British Man Found Dead In Pattaya

Rimmer

Sad story whatever happened.

Typical ignorant comments from some posters about druggies. It might come as surprise to some posters but many young people experiment with illicit drugs. It is part of growing up.

And so what if he had a conviction for drugs does that mean he deserved to die or be murdered?

Of course it is possible that it was an accident but in Pattaya and given the reporting of the incident and the fact that many murders are reported as suicides then it does make one wonder what really happened.

In this case there seems to be plenty of people around at the time so at least a few people must know what really happened.

Sad waste of a life at only 25.

Edited by Tolley
  • Like 1

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brit dies in Thailand running into glass door while ‘high on cocaine’

xdead-brit-in-Thailand-300x199.jpg.pages

PATTAYA: -- A talented former schoolboy athlete has died after running into a glass door whilst ‘high on cocaine’.

Brit Jason Flannery, 25, severed an artery in the drug-fuelled accident in a Thai apartment.

Jason, an ex-pupil at Wensleydale School, in Leyburn, North Yorks, was found dead in a sixth floor flat in tourist resort Pattaya on Saturday, August 23.

Thai media reported that Pattaya Police responded to emergency calls at the Spanish Place Pattaya condominium, in Chonburii Province, at 3am and found the 25-year-old British man’s dead body in his room.

Police said his body had many lacerations on his face and chest.

His girlfriend of one year, 23-year-old Janjira Buapae, told police that she returned from work to find Jason in a serious discussion with a friend and a girl. Later Jason mixed some cocaine with water and drank it before smoking a cannabis joint.

Janjira said she fought with her boyfriend and decided to flee the room. Jason reportedly followed her and drew a crowd of onlookers in the hallway.

Janjira claimed her boyfriend, of Richmond, North Yorks, became frightened by the crowd, ran back into his room, and hit a glass door inside his room. He fell down and died soon afterwards.

Sawang Boriboon rescue volunteers, Pattaya Police and Bang Lamung Hospital medics were called to the flat but Jason had already died from his wounds.

As a teenager, Jason won the Yorkshire County AAA 1500m title, scored a hat-trick in five minutes with Richmond Town FC juniors team to secure the Cleveland Challenge Cup and was awarded the John Bowles Cup by his school for outstanding achievement in sport.

His body has been sent for a post-mortem examination and the British Embassy, in Bangkok, was notified. It is understood police are not treating Jason’s death as suspicious.

A Foreign and Commonwealth Office spokesman said if the Royal Thai Police are not satisfied after a initial examination of the facts surrounding a death, they can request an autopsy.

He added: “We can confirm the death of a British national in Pattaya, Thailand on August 23.

“We are providing consular assistance to the family at this sad time

xsamuitimes-logo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.HOGTf2
-- Samui Times 2014-08-30

Obviously, building codes are not the same as the UK.

Safety glazing

Safety glazing should be provided to any glass in a critical area. Below is a list giving general view as to when safety glazing is required:

• Any glazed area within a window below 800mm from floor level
  • Any glazed area within a window that is 300mm or less from a door and up to 1500mm from floor level
  • Within any glazed door up to 1500mm from floor level
http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/permission/commonprojects/doorswindows/

thats 3 young brits dead in 1 week, im glad im not british.

blame the drugs, the booze, anything you want, but its getting far toooo common here.just saying.

and no i have never done drugs in my life.

well if u call whiskey drugs, then i have.

p.s. also the young lad from wales who died was said to have been in an argumeent , and then also had a terrible accident.

why do so many people here who have an argument suddenly have these mortal accidents.

it baffles me.

anyway, rip young man.

While the story is not the least bit shocking, people run and walk into glass doors all the time and sometimes it results in death, but what is shocking is some of the comments here. Very simply story, guy doing drugs loses his temper and runs into (through) a glass door and ends up dead but some people have such a hard time accepting some foreigners in Thailand are not the best of breed type folks ... going so far as to come up with strange conspiracy theories that are 100% baseless.

• Like 1

blame the drugs, the booze, anything you want, but its getting far toooo common here.just saying.

p.s. also the young lad from wales who died was said to have been in an argumeent , and then also had a terrible accident.

why do so many people here who have an argument suddenly have these mortal accidents.

it baffles me.

anyway, rip young man.

Maybe you can observe something about the younger generation then?

They think they're all hard, and feel the need to gob off or take drugs, or both - even if in a foreign country of which they know nothing about the culture.

Fortunately, the gene pool is so full of these young, wanton layabouts that they'll eventually wipe themselves out - and the planet can get on quietly restructuring itself - ready for the next lot of twisted fish that learn to walk. giggle.gif

it baffles me.

anyway, rip young man.

Maybe you can observe something about the younger generation then?

They think they're all hard, and feel the need to gob off or take drugs, or both - even if in a foreign country of which they know nothing about the culture.

Fortunately, the gene pool is so full of these young, wanton layabouts that they'll eventually wipe themselves out - and the planet can get on quietly restructuring itself - ready for the next lot of twisted fish that learn to walk. giggle.gif

i see where you coming from, maybee i have been away far tooo long from the disco and club scene, and i see good in everyone.

point taken and duly noted.

i only tried to compare to lots of drug taking and vilonce here in the uk, but i never hear of so many deaths. maybee im wrong and it doesnt get reported so much.

anyway, like i said , rip to the young man. tooo early to die.

it baffles me.

anyway, rip young man.

3 in one week...

Well 3 that made the headlines, must admit one was over 75 and went out in style, may have been embarrassing for next of kin but I would like to go the same way when my numbers up, better than passing away in a chair in the corner of some nursing home back in Old Blighty that no one notices you have passed away until they can not stand the stench of decay no more and investigate.

it baffles me.

anyway, rip young man.

3 in one week...

Well 3 that made the headlines, must admit one was over 75 and went out in style, may have been embarrassing for next of kin but I would like to go the same way when my numbers up, better than passing away in a chair in the corner of some nursing home back in Old Blighty that no one notices you have passed away until they can not stand the stench of decay no more and investigate.

the old guy you are talking about was thai, im talking about 3 brits under 30.

but i agree with u on the old chap, way to go.

beats being in a hospital for 20 year as my father did.

it baffles me.

anyway, rip young man.

3 in one week...

Easy on there.......we are always trying to convince the Thais what educated and caring people we are in the West

Don't go giving our "secrets" away

This has to be one of the most blatant obvious clear cut murder scenes ever. The story she gives is ridiculous. The problem she has now is this video is out in the open and i am sure decent Thai people who live in the UK will make their feelings herd. Firstly no one ever mixes cocaine with water and drinks it. It is clear that the syringe was not used for injecting but clearly used for a liquid. Where is the needle? People who inject drugs do not use that type of syringe, period. This story stinks to high heaven and anyone with any brains can see this clearly.

Syringe + water + cocaine & no pin most likely means the user is taking the cocaine solution anally,

Very effective but easier to overdose.

Someone had to say it...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

it baffles me.

anyway, rip young man.

I do call whiskey drugs. What exactly do you think differentiates alcohol from cocaine or pot? Legality? It's the biggest con in the world. Moderation is the key. If you binge, you will get messed up.

Look at how many deaths, accidents, violent incidents etc appear in the media and happen out on the streets everyday. Drunk driving, murders etc and we all look at it and nod our heads.

But any case involving drugs and look how quickly people jump out to call out the evils of these narcotics and their vile distributors.

Although when it comes to crap like meth, well, then theres maybe a good example of something that needs suppressed. I'm sure everyone will be tearing holes in my post, don't be too serious kids, but I just think its amusing how alcohol is so socially acceptable in the face of all the adversity and suffering it can potentially cause but drugs are the devils tools.

By the way, I wasnt ripping into you Ericๆ, i just felt like having a rant.

Of course alcohol is a drug - but it's affects upon dopamine reactions are short term, and ill-affect dopamine levels long-term.

Narcotics, in contrast, massively affect withdrawal and the necessity to replace the drive to become what has taken place.

https://ncadd.org/learn-about-drugs/drugs-and-crime

Alcoholism itself is NOT socially accepted, and never has been, so please remember that. The majority walk away from, or leave, the alcoholic to his/her own devices.

Cocaine addiction is a completely different level of addiction.

The dopamine changes are not comparable, wherein the alcoholic may scream and become angry (and abusive) for the next drink.. but rarely kills for one, and THAT is the subtle difference.

The cocaine addict, on coming-down, has no normal dopamine levels of reaction left to return to - and that brings out more physical abuse, re-occuring anger, and likelihood of more physical visual distortions of what is infront of one; Hence, more animosity and concurrent deaths than alcoholism invents.

Just my rant also ;)

• Like 2

"Mr Jason mixed some cocaine with water and drank it " ?

Not claiming expertise or familiarity with drug use here, but that's not how I understood cocaine was introduced into the body. Does that work?

Mixed with water it goes in the other end of the digestive system

"Mr Jason mixed some cocaine with water and drank it " ?

Not claiming expertise or familiarity with drug use here, but that's not how I understood cocaine was introduced into the body. Does that work?

Mixed with water it goes in the other end of the digestive system

I'm surrounded by cocaine experts. w00t.gif .... Thanks for the advice, although I'll never indulge. Kindly yours, Beer Drinker ... wai.gif .

Brit dies in Thailand running into glass door while ‘high on cocaine’

xdead-brit-in-Thailand-300x199.jpg.pages

PATTAYA: -- A talented former schoolboy athlete has died after running into a glass door whilst ‘high on cocaine’.

Brit Jason Flannery, 25, severed an artery in the drug-fuelled accident in a Thai apartment.

Jason, an ex-pupil at Wensleydale School, in Leyburn, North Yorks, was found dead in a sixth floor flat in tourist resort Pattaya on Saturday, August 23.

Thai media reported that Pattaya Police responded to emergency calls at the Spanish Place Pattaya condominium, in Chonburii Province, at 3am and found the 25-year-old British man’s dead body in his room.

Police said his body had many lacerations on his face and chest.

His girlfriend of one year, 23-year-old Janjira Buapae, told police that she returned from work to find Jason in a serious discussion with a friend and a girl. Later Jason mixed some cocaine with water and drank it before smoking a cannabis joint.

Janjira said she fought with her boyfriend and decided to flee the room. Jason reportedly followed her and drew a crowd of onlookers in the hallway.

Janjira claimed her boyfriend, of Richmond, North Yorks, became frightened by the crowd, ran back into his room, and hit a glass door inside his room. He fell down and died soon afterwards.

Sawang Boriboon rescue volunteers, Pattaya Police and Bang Lamung Hospital medics were called to the flat but Jason had already died from his wounds.

As a teenager, Jason won the Yorkshire County AAA 1500m title, scored a hat-trick in five minutes with Richmond Town FC juniors team to secure the Cleveland Challenge Cup and was awarded the John Bowles Cup by his school for outstanding achievement in sport.

His body has been sent for a post-mortem examination and the British Embassy, in Bangkok, was notified. It is understood police are not treating Jason’s death as suspicious.

A Foreign and Commonwealth Office spokesman said if the Royal Thai Police are not satisfied after a initial examination of the facts surrounding a death, they can request an autopsy.

He added: “We can confirm the death of a British national in Pattaya, Thailand on August 23.

“We are providing consular assistance to the family at this sad time

xsamuitimes-logo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.HOGTf2

-- Samui Times 2014-08-30

sadly the samui times just cuts and pastes from other news sources without any editorial work. ( last week the stole our content and screwed up royally). htis report..comes from the daily mail in the UK.. word for word.

this lovely boy, who was found guilty of drug dealing drug growing and robbery with violence in the uK, was released after a year in "juvinile detention" got a passport and fled here.

what a hero. flogging drugs in Pattaya discos to tourists.

as to the Samui times, well seriously, this is simply a cut and paste operation, caught out already twice this week. anyone who takes it seriously probably need their head examined

Edited by TommyDee
  • Like 1

The toxicology results came back quick even before the police attended the scene,

So did the pics of a 1500m runner get posted rapidly, so r u sure it's the same guy? Daley Thompson could run a 1500 faster than the guy in the pics..... or the news from the other ends was BS.

just sayin', like.

The toxicology results came back quick even before the police attended the scene,

So did the pics of a 1500m runner get posted rapidly, so r u sure it's the same guy? Daley Thompson could run a 1500 faster than the guy in the pics..... or the news from the other ends was BS.

just sayin', like.

the story was supplied to the DM by his pals. reality is a little different.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Losing a relative is hard enough to digest, but never knowing what really happened is a punishment for life!

My sincere condolences!!

by the way ..

Many (most?) glass-doors in Thailand are not made of safety-glass.

glass-tables !

doors from cupboards ... !

glass in showers...!

because it is so dangerous, today we have safety-glass in all these applications in EU (European Union).

so

watch out when buying new glass items and get rid of these dangerous items

Edited by dieter1

by the way ..

Many (most?) glass-doors in Thailand are not made of safety-glass.

glass-tables !

doors from cupboards ... !

glass in showers...!

because it is so dangerous, today we have safety-glass in all these applications in EU (European Union).

so

watch out when buying new glass items and get rid of these dangerous items

Interesting you say that, as I bought a pair of glasses (the visual type, that is) and they fell off my desk. Both lenses were chipped around all edges... in a bad way - large splinters of glass had fallen from all edges around the lenses. I took them back, and of course no guarantee. This was at Top Charoen too! I asked for plastic lenses that don't break - even if I drop the glasses - and had to pay 6,000 baht for such new lenses. I would have thought this is more expensive than EU glasses, with today's technology in polymers. Any ideas if this is so?? offtopic2.gif.pagespeed.ce.kcjFR6YG46.gi

Edited by DrLom

Unfortunately this stupidity takes a toll on his family, girlfriend, the Police, emergency workers and all of society.

Madness like this creates more restrictive laws that penalize the rest of us.

I have no sympathy for people who turn themselves into animals and are terrible representatives of their homeland.

We are all judged by idiots like this.

Minors see this destructive behavior and think it's cool and copy it.

Before you know it, life changes for the worse.

Thankfully he did not take his girlfriend with him.

Hopefully, this is a wake up call for her.

Society is better off without them.