Another such fit, perhaps precipitated by the gradual loosening of CAT's international bandwidth monopoly, might have a similar effect... hopefully...

Wasn't that 'loosening' supposed to be happening in the first half of 2006?! Or did I missed something?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another such fit, perhaps precipitated by the gradual loosening of CAT's international bandwidth monopoly, might have a similar effect... hopefully...

Wasn't that 'loosening' supposed to be happening in the first half of 2006?! Or did I miss something?

As I remember it, the newspaper articles back then contradicted each other. My memory is kind of blurry, but as I recall, only one ISP would be in the clear by mid 2006, and the rest would have to wait for their applications to be 'considered'... :D:o Perhaps the interrupted political process has slowed the whole thing down?

I have had a CS Loxinfo package on a 1024 TOT line for over a year. I'm in Nong Hoi district. Up until last week it worked quite well. Now it is slower than dialup during the day, and speeds up a bit at night. :o

The TOT line by itself never worked very well, and is now unusable.

Well, I complained to both CS Loxinfo and TOT. I don't know who did what, but as of last night my ADSL connection has been working beautifully. I am getting advertised speeds on bandwidth tests. :o Anyone else see an improvement?

Well, I complained to both CS Loxinfo and TOT. I don't know who did what, but as of last night my ADSL connection has been working beautifully. I am getting advertised speeds on bandwidth tests. :o Anyone else see an improvement?

Mine has been much betterover the last couple of days...

Well, I complained to both CS Loxinfo and TOT. I don't know who did what, but as of last night my ADSL connection has been working beautifully. I am getting advertised speeds on bandwidth tests. smile.gif Anyone else see an improvement?

My connection is a little better too but I've put that down to the holidays.

Can I ask where/who did you complain to with TOT?

I have TOT ADSL and the service is absymal... meaning its about as good as something coming out of a very deep crack in the earth.

There are good days [read sub-par] and bad days [ read non existant] .. That goes for the internet service providers as well as the cell phone companies.

If anything is possible to be said in a positive light for either of the above, that would be that their respective billing departments work to perfection!

My question becomes , is there not a regulatory body that overseess these public and or private service companies? Is there a realistic possibility to ask for and receive, a reduction in the billing amounts to somewhat coincide with the percentage of service rendered?

If so I would like to have the address of this group to which I would like to forward my billing, as obviously I would be vastly in the negative percentage and be desirous of a refund.

Yea I know..... People in hel_l want Ice water too.

:o

The internet has been absolute sh*te today. It has taken just over 1 hour to post this as the connection has failed time and time again.

So I guess it is time to take some action with phone calls and a visit to the local TOT office to see if this can be resolved. The service for 1000 baht, for the want of better words is just not there. Gonzo the Face put it very neatly in his last post.

I am encouraged and gladdened that one or two members have managed to obtain some results from TOT but unfortunately they seem reluctant to share how they were able to this.

If any other members in Chiang Mai are in the same position with their internet connection then post here and maybe just maybe there will be a way to sort them out. Who knows? :D:o

The internet has been absolute sh*te today. It has taken just over 1 hour to post this as the connection has failed time and time again.

So I guess it is time to take some action with phone calls and a visit to the local TOT office to see if this can be resolved. The service for 1000 baht, for the want of better words is just not there. Gonzo the Face put it very neatly in his last post.

I am encouraged and gladdened that one or two members have managed to obtain some results from TOT but unfortunately they seem reluctant to share how they were able to this.

If any other members in Chiang Mai are in the same position with their internet connection then post here and maybe just maybe there will be a way to sort them out. Who knows? :D:o

I've never complained to TOT about mine. It was off for 4 or 5 days, but since Buddhist Lent it's been working great.

I'm not at home, so I don't have the TOT number in front of me. It is a four digit number. I believe I got it off my TOT bill. Not too difficult to find really.

I'm not at home, so I don't have the TOT number in front of me. It is a four digit number. I believe I got it off my TOT bill. Not too difficult to find really.

I have about 50 numbers for ADSL repair.... usually get 2 o 3 different ones each time a different repairman comes out to test and tell me things are working great as his meter shows that he is downloading at a million KPS from his speed test site. Unfortunately in 5 years now I can't ever remember wanting to download anything from his speed test site....

at the same time I can't even get to my email...

Try

1100 thats the call center for all TOT and suprisingly one of the better numbers when they put yoou over to the ADSL

Try

11079 Just tell them to cut the crap when they want to know the name of your modem, the make of your modem, is this light on, is that light on, etc and on and on.... Just tell them that they should stop selling more memberships until they get more infrastruction in place.... tell them wires..... the do not understand infrastructure....

Did anyone notice in this last month tel TOT bills they are flogging the new ADSL and cheap membership ..... crowd the lines more

Hope the above numbers help... if not :o

gonzo

Yup, today and yesterday have been the worst yet. I called TOT and a "technician" is coming to the house today (I called 053273300)....

The phone is working only sporadically now too.

Just like the government here in Thailand...... It is working only sporadically now too.

:o

I have about 50 numbers for ADSL repair.... usually get 2 o 3 different ones each time a different repairman comes out to test and tell me things are working great as his meter shows that he is downloading at a million KPS from his speed test site. Unfortunately in 5 years now I can't ever remember wanting to download anything from his speed test site....

at the same time I can't even get to my email...

Try

1100 thats the call center for all TOT and suprisingly one of the better numbers when they put yoou over to the ADSL

Try

11079 Just tell them to cut the crap when they want to know the name of your modem, the make of your modem, is this light on, is that light on, etc and on and on.... Just tell them that they should stop selling more memberships until they get more infrastruction in place.... tell them wires..... the do not understand infrastructure....

Did anyone notice in this last month tel TOT bills they are flogging the new ADSL and cheap membership ..... crowd the lines more

Hope the above numbers help... if not burp.gif

As luck would have it the speed has picked up today and right now its not too bad. But I know this is not going to last :o

I'll use the numbers kindly noted and see what happens.

Another great post Gonzo!