Tough new crackdown on alcohol promotions in Thailand

george

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Promoting alcohol through word of mouth is also illegal, so if a waiter is asked to recommend a particular brand of beer he would be breaking the law if he responds"

I have never been to a French restaurant or in fact any reputable fine dining establishment in Bangkok without relying on the knowledge of wines drawn from a Sommelier when I am at a loss for an eloquent marriage of food and wine. Their ability to match fine wine with a superb meal is ‘strategically on a par with that of the chef de cuisine's ability to bring a certain magic to the table through the food itself.

​For one NOT to have a sommelier at a fine dining establishment should be illegal!

Lets hope the Junta rethink this specific ban.

Well this sounds like a conciderable exeption , i mean whats there to promote you want wine allready .
  • Like 1

burp.gifAbout time, alcohol causes more deaths than illegal drugs and legal drugs like cigarettes which have warnings already.

Praise the lord burp.gif speaking of him, was not his first miracle turning water into wine, now there was a man you could have followed!

So the bible has to be edited for use in thailand
  • Like 1

well they should stop Tesco selling old plonk off cheap that should be tipped down the drain, anyone else noticed this. They are selling off bottles years out of date for 199, Chianti 5 years old and Shiraz/CS Australian 6 years old. Had a bottle of Wolf Blass this week, tasted like vinegar.