1400 children sexually exploited in UK town Rotherham: report

webfact

1400 children sexually exploited in UK town Rotherham: report
Danica Kirka

London: -- About 1400 children were sexually exploited in a northern England town, a report concluded on Tuesday in a damning account of "collective failures" by authorities to prevent victims as young as 11 from being beaten, raped and trafficked over a 16-year period.

Report author Alexis Jay cited appalling acts of violence between 1997 and 2013 in Rotherham, a town of some 250,000. The independent report came after a series of convictions of sexual predators in the region and ground-breaking reports in The Times of London.

... children who had been doused in petrol and threatened with being set alight, threatened with guns, made to witness brutally-violent rapes and threatened they would be next

Reading descriptions of the abuse makes it hard to imagine that nothing was done for so long. The report described rapes by multiple perpetrators, mainly from Britain's Pakistani community, and how children were trafficked to other towns and cities in the north of England, abducted, beaten, and intimidated.

"There were examples of children who had been doused in petrol and threatened with being set alight, threatened with guns, made to witness brutally violent rapes and threatened they would be next if they told anyone," Professor Jay said. "Girls as young as 11 were raped by large numbers of male perpetrators."

Full story: http://www.theage.com.au/world/1400-children-sexually-exploited-in-uk-town-rotherham-report-20140827-108tjg.html

theage.jpg
-- The Age 2014-08-27

This is not the first case, and I suspect that The PC Police will be trying to suggest it;s a racist witch hunt. I suspect this type of behaviour is endemic within such communities.

There is an FB group for my home village, and from posts there I know it goes on in Dewsbury. The perfect man demonstrated it was ok.

Edited by Mosha
  • Like 2

And on it goes. When is the west going to wake up and deal with the real problem instead of hiding their heads in the PC sand?

Canman

I would suggest that the the relevant UK Authorities are well aware of what has been going on, and have been for a long time, it is not as if these are recent revelations. The smoke has been billowing for a long, long time.

The problem. it would seem, is the problem is too big for them to deal with, so its easier to try and bush it under the carpet.

A shocking state of affairs, perhaps the UK needs a M!l!t@ry C*up !!

• Like 2

Susan Sarandon, Barbara Streisand and Rosie O'Donnell seem to be mum on this issue.

You can't fault a person if you think they haven't spoken out on something. Do you know what they're thinking and saying? Of course not. It's quite sure each of those strong women (and millions of others) are appalled at the sordid news.

Teachers, parents, elder siblings, ....every elder person who is in contact with kids should make it crystal clear (to the kids) what's proper and what's not. And just as importantly: immediately report any improper touching or behavior.

If even one kid speak out, and there's no thorough investigation by authorities, then the authorities have failed at their jobs - which is indicated in the OP article.

• Like 2

Not only have authorities dropped the ball big time, for an extended period of time, ....if there's litigation, then the kids will have to re-live the horrible life-shattering events by being prosecution witnesses. Heck, they may even have to confront the adults in a courtroom. It's like an emotional double whammy for the kids.

Even with its faults, the western system of prosecution is waaaaaay better than an Islamic one, where a raped female has all sorts of barriers against even mentioning the rape. For starters, she needs 6 male witnesses to swear the rape took place. Just five men, forget it. No case.

These criminals are being protected by anti-racism laws, and the Governments refusal to accept that the immigration policies over the last 20 years have been significantly flawed. Throw in the ludicrous EU human rights crap, which means that any prosecutions get held up for years, and these scum know they can't be deported its a total farce. It's not just police incompetence.

I have to disagree with you. They are (still) protected by the worse criminals - the state, completely incompetent police who should be jailed, and by all the government agencies charged with prevention/detection of such acts, whose directors and senior staff also should be jailed. This type of corruption is 100.... no, at least 10 magnitudes worse than a policeman taking a red note for an improper turn. This type of corruption really, really hurts people - and innocent, defenceless children at that. These people are worse than the ones beating and raping the children, because they knew and refused to intervene - which was their only job.

It's not the law that's at fault, it's corruption of the very worst kind. Putting blame on the law is just justifying the behaviour of these criminals, who are responsible for what has happened even more than the actual perverts who put their hands on the children in the first place. Britain has law against harming children, many of them. These criminals did not enforce the laws, did not do their duty, took money from the state under false pretences, and BROKE the law over and over again.

• Like 1

These criminals are being protected by anti-racism laws, and the Governments refusal to accept that the immigration policies over the last 20 years have been significantly flawed. Throw in the ludicrous EU human rights crap, which means that any prosecutions get held up for years, and these scum know they can't be deported its a total farce. It's not just police incompetence.

I have to disagree with you. They are (still) protected by the worse criminals - the state, completely incompetent police who should be jailed, and by all the government agencies charged with prevention/detection of such acts, whose directors and senior staff also should be jailed. This type of corruption is 100.... no, at least 10 magnitudes worse than a policeman taking a red note for an improper turn. This type of corruption really, really hurts people - and innocent, defenceless children at that. These people are worse than the ones beating and raping the children, because they knew and refused to intervene - which was their only job.

It's not the law that's at fault, it's corruption of the very worst kind. Putting blame on the law is just justifying the behaviour of these criminals, who are responsible for what has happened even more than the actual perverts who put their hands on the children in the first place. Britain has law against harming children, many of them. These criminals did not enforce the laws, did not do their duty, took money from the state under false pretences, and BROKE the law over and over again.

In certain parts of the UK, the police prefer it if we don't make a fuss.

Quite. Never mind the 'Leader' of the Council resigning; the whole Labour council, the police chief, the Head of Social Services should also resign and the MPs. Total dereliction of duty. Some parents might want to be asked a few questions, too.

• Like 1

Some parents might want to be asked a few questions, too.

Very interesting point. Are parents immensely out of touch with their kids, or what?!

Even if kids don't communicate much with their parents, here are some warning signs: If kids change behavior and.....

>>> quick to anger. Break down to tears easily. extreme mood changes.

>>> not wanting to go out and do fun things en famille.

>>> sleep a lot longer in the morning than usual (that's also indicative of drug use).

>>> are surly. Won't have eye contact. Don't want to discuss things openly.

>>> blood on underclothes. Excessive washing (of bodies or clothes) by kids.

It doesn't take a psychologist/psychiatrist (which I'm not) to notice weird things going on with kids in your house. Here's one for teachers: If they notice kids, during recess, bundling in little groups and looking sad, paranoid and whispering.

I think the whole community, from ages 6 on up need serious counseling. Be aware. Be communicative. I've been a father and a step-dad to about 20 kids in several families (not concurrently). I always keep communication wide open. Kids know they can discuss anything me, and ask any questions. Most of all, I keep my eyes and ears open to what's going on. I might miss things sometimes (like misdiagnose a bad character), but we're human. As Hillary Clinton, America's next president says: "It takes a village to raise a child" actually, it's an old African saying.