Immigration Announcement About Visa Exempt Extensions & Other Changes On the 29th

I hereby correct you.

As of today you can get a 30 day extension if you arrive in Thailand without a visa.

Any word on someone actually getting this today?

I believe at Jomtiem someone was told to come back on Monday for this extension.

In BKK someone was refused this extension today on the grounds that he already had a 7 day "extension". So apparently they are issuing them in BKK as of now as they also have announced..

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too complicated for this old mind to grasp. I'm at the moment far from Thailand and I think I'll just be staying out. Will have to ask friends to undo my condo and pack and ship all my belongings to me. A tall order to ask of friends and also not sure they'll do it. Aside from that, I guess I'd eventually have to get a new tourist visa and go back and do it myself. Problem with that is I know I'd be tempted to stay on and see how it goes despite the fact that I think I'm burned out on the place. Mexico is starting to sound better and better to me. I need to relocate to somewhere I can wear all the beer logo t-shirts I bought myself before leaving!

• Like 1

I hereby correct you.

As of today you can get a 30 day extension if you arrive in Thailand without a visa.

That is good to know because it is a big convenience for everyone.

However, I surmise if and when you do go to get the 30 day extension more than likely there will be the typical lack of communication while the immigration officers will not grant you a 30 day extension because forever and a day they have been telling everyone that they can only grant you 7 days if you entered without a visa prior to arrival......or correct me if I am wrong, you were issued a visa exempt stamp so that status only qualifies you for a 7 day extension also.

It will probably take the Thai immigrations officials 3 to 6 months before they all understand the new policies and actually practice them.

Cheers

ok, so same same before..............

The difference is that now you don't need a visa to stay 60 days. You can enter 30 and extend 30. With visa you can enter 60 extend 30.

So? Same before then blink.png I first entered on a Tourist Visa and got 60 days and had to go to immigration to extend for another 30 days. This was 18 years ago. Friends who visit don't need 90 days and arrive on Visa Exempt for 30 days and are then able to extend at imm, again, for another 30 days. Nothing's changed, how simple is that to understand huh.png

ok, so same same before..............

The difference is that now you don't need a visa to stay 60 days. You can enter 30 and extend 30. With visa you can enter 60 extend 30.

So? Same before then blink.png I first entered on a Tourist Visa and got 60 days and had to go to immigration to extend for another 30 days. This was 18 years ago. Friends who visit don't need 90 days and arrive on Visa Exempt for 30 days and are then able to extend at imm, again, for another 30 days. Nothing's changed, how simple is that to understand huh.png

Wow so many posts and yet you have no idea what you are talking about. You think they made this thread discussing it day after day for no changes at all. You are WRONG. Your friends would have only been able to get a 7 day extension if they arrived on a visa exempt 30 day stay. What changed is now you can get 30 days instead of 7 days. How simple is that to understand? LOL, sheesh. It's sad that I'm new here and already having to school people. No flaming you but please get your facts straight.

• Like 2

Can tourists on a 30 day visa exempt stamp extend for 30 days in Thailand, or is it still a border run? Any ideas?

You REALLY need to read the OP mate. Yes, you can now get a 30 day extension on your 30 day VOA/exemption IN THAILAND.

You have to go to Chaeng Wattana for it, and it costs 1,900 baht.

Wanna borrow my specs? whistling.gif