Average Thai salary?

1 hour ago, xtrnuno41 said:

We talked and i suggested her to take a chance at hotels, as she COULD speak and understand English well .

Weird from a hotel, not to have receptionist not speaking and understand English. 

Prostitutes rarely make reliable employees.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

she wasnt, she was employee in coffee shop. Or you think every woman is a prostitute?

I know several such 'coffee shop' ladies in Chiang Mai, and they really aren't selling coffee. 

What, you thought she was talking with you because of your good looks and personality?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

CAN make? Dont think so. Competition is way high.

I met the girls , running to landlord to pay room after client (otherwise sleep out), begging for some bath to get something basic to eat, sleeping outside as no money, to negotiate over price 100 bath instead 400, as the clients are so poor.

And if you have no choice anymore "sleep" with a frustrated mean bastard. 

Maybe the client likes long time, company all day for a period. SO they maybe can have some free food, bed, shower, they can save money for a rainy day.

If they can, as mostly they have family or a child to support.

Talk to them and you will find out they are just struggling for live. 

Getting rich? Absolute NOT.

Yeah of course , some do somehow better. 

Your gf doing 20000 bath is a good salary, minimum is 320 bath/day, not long ago raised with 20 Bath !! 

Experienced (older) labour inspector, just over 40000.

So you can imagine when they had 4 places in work, they got 2500 (Thai universities) applications for the jobs, many graduates but lack of jobs.

Once in CM, in the hotel there were girls (reception hotel) working, probably schooled, but not English speaking!

In the coffee shop there was a girl, probably not so schooled, but very good in English. 

We talked and i suggested her to take a chance at hotels, as she COULD speak and understand English well .

Weird from a hotel, not to have receptionist not speaking and understand English. 

Baht

On 8/28/2014 at 7:52 AM, AlexRRR said:

20,000 no degree is more than a fair wage, i know women with degrees working below their education standard for around the low to mid 20's

ExTGF worked for an American bank as an accountant with a BD but studing for her masters which she did get before she resigned her salary when i met her was 38,000 and 43,000 when she resigned 18 months later.

Previous TGF also an accountant was assistant manager of a large warehouse 10 years service and was on 25,000.

Seems if you work in your field with at least a BD around 30,000 is about the norm, no degree admin/office 14,000 to 20,000, unskilled anything from cleaner to waitress 7,000, hairdressers and i know a couple around the 10,000 to 12,000 if on salary.

And if you are retired foreigner 65k net?

On 5/27/2019 at 1:55 PM, BritManToo said:

I know several such 'coffee shop' ladies in Chiang Mai, and they really aren't selling coffee. 

What, you thought she was talking with you because of your good looks and personality?

OK you visit other "coffee shops" The one, i visited every evening was a middle classed COFFEESHOP.

Maybe as we talked, she finds it a way of practicing her English. Just a little conversation about this and thats.

It was just once, she didnt came to me every evening to hook up. Nor the other girls.

Maybe i could have hooked up with her, its Thailand, but i didnt. 

You like to think low and think any Thai woman who starts to talk with you is a prostitute. 

You are aware of the poverty in Thailand and Thai girls have to find the way of having food, drink and money for other things.

It is just surviving. You are grateful for that poverty and yeah you need to be aware some can rip you, there are good and bad ones.

Same as in the rest of the world, not only Thailand. If Thailand had more job opportunities , good paid, there wouldnt be so many "prostitutes".  Women who have a good job, rarely go for the man, they can handle themselves and dont need one, until up to the point

they find themselves lonely and missing something. The op found somebody like that, probably.

As many men know, when you were married and then had the divorce, your wife tries to rip you at the end of everything and being a real pain in the ass as much as possible, over and over again.

Once you started with a talk and then it ends up in hell. Know lots of those stories, including mine

COnclusion and fact would be then, every woman is a prostitute. Mmmm , now im thinking low? 

We are all human, "prostitutes" as well. I have had my experiences in Thailand with women and yeah

it is sometimes very easy to go from one thing to another. Thats why so many guys go to Thailand.

OK running of topic with this.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

OK you visit other "coffee shops" The one, i visited every evening was a middle classed COFFEESHOP.

Maybe as we talked, she finds it a way of practicing her English. Just a little conversation about this and thats.

It was just once, she didnt came to me every evening to hook up. Nor the other girls.

Maybe i could have hooked up with her, its Thailand, but i didnt. 

You like to think low and think any Thai woman who starts to talk with you is a prostitute. 

You are aware of the poverty in Thailand and Thai girls have to find the way of having food, drink and money for other things.

It is just surviving. You are grateful for that poverty and yeah you need to be aware some can rip you, there are good and bad ones.

Same as in the rest of the world, not only Thailand. If Thailand had more job opportunities , good paid, there wouldnt be so many "prostitutes".  Women who have a good job, rarely go for the man, they can handle themselves and dont need one, until up to the point

they find themselves lonely and missing something. The op found somebody like that, probably.

As many men know, when you were married and then had the divorce, your wife tries to rip you at the end of everything and being a real pain in the ass as much as possible, over and over again.

Once you started with a talk and then it ends up in hell. Know lots of those stories, including mine

COnclusion and fact would be then, every woman is a prostitute. Mmmm , now im thinking low? 

We are all human, "prostitutes" as well. I have had my experiences in Thailand with women and yeah

it is sometimes very easy to go from one thing to another. Thats why so many guys go to Thailand.

OK running of topic with this.

Easy tiger, don’t blow a fuse, do what YOU like it’s your life...

9 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

There are two types of women who speak to me in Asia.

1) White western ladies, often elderly and clearly lonely, some backpackers and hikers.

2) Asian prostitutes.

You do understand it's socially unacceptable for Asian ladies to casually speak with random men. 

(if not with their husband of father)

Edited by BritManToo

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2014 at 10:16 PM, canarysun said:

Where i live in Naklua ( Pattaya ) most of the Thais that i talk to earn around 9,000 baht a month. Which is quite good when you consider the real living costs of living in Thailand. I can live on less than a Thai i find Thailand ridiculously cheap with the average rents in my area from 2000 to 4000 baht a month.(with balcony WIFI & Sat TV ) I don't drink or smoke and love to walk everywhere.( or by bicycle ) with the average thai meal from the food market from only 20 /30 baht and a 1 hour train journey at only 10 baht. 5L of drinking water is 5 baht.I even had my " Kito " high performance Flip Flops " resoled" the other day for 120 baht ( in the Uk it would cost 1000 baht ! ) so i think a 9,000 baht month wage is a reasonable wage for Thailand.

God Bless you all ! ( Irish accent ... ) giggle.gif

good post Canarysun

any chance you could tell me where about in Naklua I could find a rental room for under 10,000?

swimming pool nearby? 7-11/family mart nearby? taxi route?

would be great to hear from you

thanks

thaisabai

On 5/29/2019 at 12:00 PM, BritManToo said:

There are two types of women who speak to me in Asia.

1) White western ladies, often elderly and clearly lonely, some backpackers and hikers.

2) Asian prostitutes.

You do understand it's socially unacceptable for Asian ladies to casually speak with random men. 

No, in Asia its even most common. Strange men start talking to them and ask all about them.

Where they come from and what they do and so on. Maybe, im as an alien with them, they (men) will do even more. 

I met that in Indonesia, Thailand and Philipines, they (women) say its soooo common, but not for me. 

I told them, it was impolite to me, but then they even get annoyed when i told them????, as they talk in their own language and i know, though they denied, its just flirtatious. ANd i get pissed ????

You can make that up in the way they are talking, but its common, they say.

Men (from their country) start and woman will reply in kind soft way.

In Thailand, i believe they start with "pai na" and then the rest. 

On 8/28/2014 at 7:10 AM, Soutpeel said:

The number sounds about right for your GF, average salaries in Thailand like the rest of the world is regional, and dependent of where you are in the country THB 20k/m could be "high" or "low", there is on no one average salary in Thailand,

THB 7-8k/m may be average in say Isaan, but low for BKK or say Rayong area (which are the two higher paying areas)

the only real point of reference you have is referencing against the Thai minimum wage of THB 300/day and lets say a person works 6 days a week, (24 day month) then around THB 7200/m would be considered minumim, therefore based on this your GF is way above this thereshold.

There are some employers that do not even pay minimum wage.

Fortunately many people still farm a little land so can grow some of their own food. 

On 5/29/2019 at 5:00 PM, BritManToo said:

That's a nonsensical generalization.

• Like 1