Average Thai salary?

Well, apart from speaking to all my contacts etc I'm not sure what I can add to my posts. The local embassies are quite a good guide in reflecting salaries when they advertise for locally engaged staff. The rate for clerical assistants at full time rates in the visa sections, management office or in the consular section etc in the Aussie, Brit and US embassies all offer salaries around the 28 - 40,000,per month mark. The Brit embassy were seeking a full time visa officer in 2013 and were offering a salary of. 72,000 Bt.per month. Given a home based civil servant on a posting would receive a salary with allowances of up to three times that figure and would also receive free housing etc, I rather think the perspective has been established.

Quite why a Bangkok based company would wish to pay an unqualified Thai person who has not completed tertiary education 40,000 bt per month is really quite incomprehensible and certainly without precedent in my experience and those of others.

The notion that my figures are not valid, simply because someone has " challenged " them, perhaps speaks fpr itself .

Well you could add that you will stop making all encompassing statesments about topics, you have no real life experience in, and you glean your information from websites ?

"Folk claiming they know of unqualified office staff receiving 35,000 per month are talking gibberish which of course is not unusual here"

Quite why a Bangkok based company would wish to pay an unqualified Thai person who has not completed tertiary education 40,000 bt per month is really quite incomprehensible and certainly without precedent in my experience and those of others.

As to your second point easy answer becasue they do....thumbsup.gif

The lower ranking civil servant salary here in Thailand ranges between 10 - 13,000 per month including their cost of living allowance. Retail staff in department stores and catering wait staff seem to be averaging between 9 - 12,000 per month. Hairdressing salon staff get around 12,000 per month but maybe more with commission as indeed do other service staff.

Salaries of university staff lecturers are in the order of up to 35,000 per month including housing allowance, teachers less.

Generally, an income of 25,000 per month would be viewed as a reasonable median salary but it's probably less when one considers the numbers employed in blue collar, manual and lower ranked office staff etc.

Folk claiming they know of unqualified office staff receiving 35,000 per month are talking gibberish which of course is not unusual here.

I'm with you on this one.

Leuk kreung across the road from me, picks up a salary that would make many of our TEFR friends eyes water.

Fluent in reading writing and speaking, Thai, Japanese and English, he is employed by a Japanese company in Ayuthaya, watched him being interviewed on the news a few years ago at the time of the great floods.

• Like 1

I would honestly have "nightmares" about being stuck indoors all day with the air con on max in some " hideous ponsy office / indoor job " you could offer me ridiculous amounts of money and I would rather work outside in a rice field for 7,000 baht a month at least I would be outside in the lovely sunshine every day!

F.J

I would honestly have "nightmares" about being stuck indoors all day with the air con on max in some " hideous ponsy office / indoor job " you could offer me ridiculous amounts of money and I would rather work outside in a rice field for 7,000 baht a month at least I would be outside in the lovely sunshine every day!

F.J

The difference is, you aint Thai, like me we have the luxury of not worrying about face.

The Yam Yam factory pays about 12k per month before "o" for our non educated upcounty cousins, and supplies free air.

• Like 1

Reading the utter nonsense here one might be confused as to why the West is inundated by migrants seeking economic betterment when in fact all they need to do is simply besiege Thailand , a country where anyone can earn a salary exceeding the minimum wage of the UK, US etc.

And those statistics produced by the international agencies, CIA, ASEAN, etc are all completely wrong when they report the average annual wage is only around $9,500 US.

The true picture is of course as portrayed by a few frazzled idiots posting out of their arse claiming the average Thai earns at least between $15,0000 and 20,000 annually.

Whatever you guys are drinking, I'd like some of it..

Reading the utter nonsense here one might be confused as to why the West is inundated by migrants seeking economic betterment when in fact all they need to do is simply besiege Thailand , a country where anyone can earn a salary exceeding the minimum wage of the UK, US etc.

And those statistics produced by the international agencies, CIA, ASEAN, etc are all completely wrong when they report the average annual wage is only around $9,500 US.

The true picture is of course as portrayed by a few frazzled idiots posting out of their arse claiming the average Thai earns at least between $15,0000 and 20,000 annually.

Thankfully this is the land of the Thais, where they take care of their own,

It aint Calais where scores of illegals are waiting to head to the UK like a herd of locusts to claim their Human Rights and the myriad of benefits that go with it.

A bit like our Colonial Cousins in Texas have been telling Obama for years, still he keeps letting the illegals in coz they will vote for him..

By average, do you mean, mean medain or mode?

Whats the average in Detroit these days, didnt the city go bankrupt?

$15k of Uncle Sams pesos (or should that be IOUs to the Chinese?) equates to 450k per year, equates to less than 40 k per month.

Next time you are in town head over to Bkk and check out the number of red plate Beemers and Merx.

Head back to the bankrupt state of Kalifornia and drink the Kool Aid, head of to Rayong, not known as the Detriot Of The East for no reason, hows Motor City doing these days?

Dribbling your Uncle Sam angst adds nothing to the thread, the thrust of which is to establish the average wage in Thailand. I have done this and provided figures approximate to employment sector. Witter on in your American dystopia by all means but save it for another place. Septic jaundice is so tedious.

Dribbling your Uncle Sam angst adds nothing to the thread, the thrust of which is to establish the average wage in Thailand. I have done this and provided figures approximate to employment sector. Witter on in your American dystopia by all means but save it for another place. Septic jaundice is so tedious.

My angst as you so put it, comes from my American friends living in such places as, Texas, New Mexico, Georgia, Kentucky, or probably what you would call "Good Ole Boy" States, yes they are fed up with the prophet known as Obama (PBUH).

Why do you think so many Amerikans come to Thailand (clue, cheap medical care).

You have actually provided or proved nothing, but dont let that get in the way of yer good rant.

Just as a matter of interest, whats the average wage in Ferguson these days?

• Like 1

Would that be the same "Uncle Sam" that told us Iraq had weapons of mass destruction?

You cant help but laugh, where were you on 9/11?

An example, real figures:

Thailand's Office of the Vocational Education Commission - 41,670 staff nationwide.

19,000 of those employees receive a salary of 9,000 baht per month.

Expect they work 5-day rather than 6-day weeks, so around 450 baht per day, well above the daily minimum rate 300 baht per day.

• Like 1

I didn't mean to offend you, but let's look at the facts. A Thai girl can make a lot of money in the sex scene if she's smart, young, and very good looking. If she makes bht 2,000 a night x6 days that equals bht 18,000. ...

You mean a girl that is smarter than you.

Last I checked, and this was not in Thailand, so things may be different there, but 2,000 x 6 is 12,000.

• Haha 1

The lower ranking civil servant salary here in Thailand ranges between 10 - 13,000 per month including their cost of living allowance. Retail staff in department stores and catering wait staff seem to be averaging between 9 - 12,000 per month. Hairdressing salon staff get around 12,000 per month but maybe more with commission as indeed do other service staff.

Salaries of university staff lecturers are in the order of up to 35,000 per month including housing allowance, teachers less.

Generally, an income of 25,000 per month would be viewed as a reasonable median salary but it's probably less when one considers the numbers employed in blue collar, manual and lower ranked office staff etc.

Folk claiming they know of unqualified office staff receiving 35,000 per month are talking gibberish which of course is not unusual here.

I'm with you on this one.

Leuk kreung across the road from me, picks up a salary that would make many of our TEFR friends eyes water.

Fluent in reading writing and speaking, Thai, Japanese and English, he is employed by a Japanese company in Ayuthaya, watched him being interviewed on the news a few years ago at the time of the great floods.

We have Thai welders working for us, real welders i might add, not the rich farmer/sunglasses type, earning between US$ 150-300/day and the vast majority never really finished high school and some even have trouble reading and writing in Thai, but none of that matters because they are damn good welders and they get compensated for their skill...wink.png

More anecdotal but first hand data:

The Service Charge paid to even the lowest paid workers last month, at one of Chiang Mai's many five star hotels, was THB 11,460. This in addition to their monthly salary which is at least minimum wage making their total salary in excess of THB 19,000 for the month .It's worth noting that the average occupancy rate for the month was calculated to be 64% hence that total salary figure will increase as occupancy rates improve. It's also worth noting that the vast majority of staff are not professionally skilled workers, maids, service, sales, concierge, reception, drivers, cleaners etc.

Thailand's Office of the Vocational Education Commission - 41,670 staff nationwide.

Expect they work 5-day rather than 6-day weeks, so around 450 baht per day, well above the daily minimum rate 300 baht per day.

I agree and i think that is a realistic,accurate wage for the average Thai and more than enough money to live on over here...

F.J x

I agree and i think that is a realistic,accurate wage for the average Thai and more than enough money to live on over here...

F.J x

Plainly, you are just another fantasizing keyboard idiot.

I'm out of here.

Probably just as well since you seem unable to grasp the reality of the earnings profile in Thailand.

Coming from someone who really does live at the top of an ivory tower!

12th floor, the top is the 24th!

Where i live in Naklua ( Pattaya ) most of the Thais that i talk to earn around 9,000 baht a month. Which is quite good when you consider the real living costs of living in Thailand. I can live on less than a Thai i find Thailand ridiculously cheap with the average rents in my area from 2000 to 4000 baht a month.(with balcony WIFI & Sat TV ) I don't drink or smoke and love to walk everywhere.( or by bicycle ) with the average thai meal from the food market from only 20 /30 baht and a 1 hour train journey at only 10 baht. 5L of drinking water is 5 baht.I even had my " Kito " high performance Flip Flops " resoled" the other day for 120 baht ( in the Uk it would cost 1000 baht ! ) so i think a 9,000 baht month wage is a reasonable wage for Thailand.

God Bless you all ! ( Irish accent ... ) giggle.gif

Have you seen Scott's You Tube I'm an American in Bangkok. He talks about the possibility of living in Thailand on $500 USD (bht16,000) a month. He said it's really not desirable. I guess you would disagree.

Thailand is so much cheaper compared to New Jersey. I took a taxi ride 2 weeks ago to immigration. Took me 40 minutes and paid baht 300. I took a taxi ride in New Jersey last year. The cost was $26 for a 15 minute ride.

I wouldn't want to live anywhere on $500 USD (bht16,000) a month.

Thankfully this is the land of the Thais, where they take care of their own,

It aint Calais where scores of illegals are waiting to head to the UK like a herd of locusts to claim their Human Rights and the myriad of benefits that go with it.

A bit like our Colonial Cousins in Texas have been telling Obama for years, still he keeps letting the illegals in coz they will vote for him..

By average, do you mean, mean medain or mode?

Whats the average in Detroit these days, didnt the city go bankrupt?

$15k of Uncle Sams pesos (or should that be IOUs to the Chinese?) equates to 450k per year, equates to less than 40 k per month.

Next time you are in town head over to Bkk and check out the number of red plate Beemers and Merx.

Head back to the bankrupt state of Kalifornia and drink the Kool Aid, head of to Rayong, not known as the Detriot Of The East for no reason, hows Motor City doing these days?

Can always count on a Brit to bring up and whinge about UK immigration on the most unrelated of threads. Edited by samran

Wages are on average are low,take off the Social security 500 bht month,

cost of just getting to work per month,not a lot left for all the other expenses,

or to even save a few bhat.

But what I cannot understand is some companies expect the staff to work

overtime,but will not pay for it, one company told my daughter ,you have to

help the company <deleted>!, also most jobs advertised on job sites never tell

you what wages they are offering,(first thing i would want to know,before i

even went for interview).

regards worgeordie

Saw this on the back of a sprinkle truck this morning. I'm sure there are a bunch of English teachers wondering if they are in the wrong profession..attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1410232969.535979.jpg

Now now Samran the least you could have done is translate for the poor souls.

Delivery drivers, 43,000 baht per month, brillaint, thanks for posting, goes back to my point of learning to read Thai for a grasp of the reality of whats out there.

If your info comes from hillbillies well thats a different story.

• Like 2

Saw this on the back of a sprinkle truck this morning. I'm sure there are a bunch of English teachers wondering if they are in the wrong profession..attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1410232969.535979.jpg

Now now Samran the least you could have done is translate for the poor souls.

Delivery drivers, 43,000 baht per month, brillaint, thanks for posting, goes back to my point of learning to read Thai for a grasp of the reality of whats out there.

If your info comes from hillbillies well thats a different story.

MINIMUM 43k per month.... ;)

Given there are so many Thailand experts on this site, I didn't think a translation was necessary! :P

• Like 1