Questions about IPTV

Right now I use true for my cable at home, and I pay 2,000 baht a month just for cable tv however I would like to switch to IPTV if I can find a reliable iptv provider my only questions are Who are the reliable providers, I know 3BB and TOT have IPTV, however 3BB does not seem to have enough english content and from other poster TOT iPTV does seem to good either. I would like to know if any of you have issues a lot using IPTV regarding

1. Latency issues
2. slow connection speeds due to high amount of users online at peak times combined with long buffering times
3. Issues of the IPTV provider being open now and closed within a few months

4. Getting outdated software on the IPTV

Also I can assume all this IPTV hardware boxes all run android, or at least it outdated version of android like version 2.2

Look forward to your replies along with information regarding providers and pricing.

Why not try accessing the TOT iptv website or android google playstore app and test it on your current Internet connection yourself. They allow free signups and a small number of the channels and VOD movies can be streamed using the account android app.

Android App: TOT iptv

TOTiptv.com web browser channels that stream without subscription
CH.047 Choice Preview ENTERTAINMENT News
CH.060 Choice Preview
CH.065 T-News Channel
CH.600 Choice Preview Sport|Movie

Depends on you ethnicity and what you like to watch? If you already have a fixed line internet service no need to change. (Too expensive on 3G networks as suck a lot of data). For example if you want to watch similar an international channel experience to True Visions but better and cheaper try the IPTV service ilikeHD. They work on any internet service and can be sampled for as little as 30THB to see if you like it. Runs on a PC or and Android TV box.

If you are a UK national ThaiExpatTV may suit you also and runs similarly with added benefit of play on demand, costs a bit more than ilikeHD but still better than True Visions imho with more sports choices.

For the truly adventurous try XBMC (soon to be final version renamed to Kodi) on a PC or Android IPTV box and watch anything. This can become frustrating at times with latency issues, whilst some channels such as Sky News channel run in HD almost instantly. At the same time the software will work as a media center for all your music and video collections on local networks.

I have been using IPTV from Watchglobal.tv for nearly 1 year. It is on a quad core Android set-top box. It carries all the channels from UK even has Sky Sports and BT Sports. Also it shows all the American and Canadian channels. All football, formula 1, rugby, cricket is on live. I had to upgrade my internet to 16 mbs when I got it but now it works all the time with no buffering.

I like to promote them because now I don't need to pay expensive True bills anymore.I recommended several friends to the service and everyone is really happy with it.

I don't wan tto hijack the OPs questions but like the OP I am interested in a good Android IPTV box and have posted on TV before but I'm ready to make the move soon; it's been a while and technology changes quickly.

I have a Samsung 7 Series LED "Smart" TV but the "smart" interface (GUI) is pretty limited, ugly, slow and cumbersome to use so I would like to upgrade to an Android box which has a nicerinterface (maybe XBMC/Kody?), true 1080 HD resolution, IPTV and Wifi streaming capabilities. I would cable the box via HDMI to my TV but be receiving streams to the box wirelessly on an 802.11N connection from my LAN.

I currently stream downloaded movies and TV series wirelessly over my LAN to the TV from my PC but I don't currently watch much IPTV (from the "smart" TV) so an IPTV box it would really open up the option for me although I wouldn't expect I would both to be a paying subscriber to a service.

What do all the IPTV users on TV (pun intended) recommend for a box? Also, what sort of price would I expect to pay and where could I source a decent one here in Thailand / Pattaya?

I have HDMI inputs and would like a decent wireless combo keyboard/air mouse if possile also

I have also wondered about geo-blocking but as it would be an Android based IPTV box I expect I could load an app such as "Hola Unblocker" and problem solved.

wai2.gif I hope you don't mind me adding to your questions OP "livinthailando"? wai2.gif

Like everyone here, I simply want to know what box to buy for internet TV that can replace the expensive TRUE and how much it will cost? My TRUE subscription is coming soon and I would not mind saving some money. Please in your answers, always precise the cost of it all.

I have been using IPTV from Watchglobal.tv for nearly 1 year. It is on a quad core Android set-top box. It carries all the channels from UK even has Sky Sports and BT Sports. Also it shows all the American and Canadian channels. All football, formula 1, rugby, cricket is on live. I had to upgrade my internet to 16 mbs when I got it but now it works all the time with no buffering.

I like to promote them because now I don't need to pay expensive True bills anymore.I recommended several friends to the service and everyone is really happy with it.

1. You did not tell us the price that you are paying for the Watchglobal and your 16Mb connection.

2. Does it broadcast Formula 1?

• Like 1

If you are a UK national ThaiExpatTV may suit you also and runs similarly with added benefit of play on demand, costs a bit more than ilikeHD but still better than True Visions imho with more sports choices.

For the truly adventurous try XBMC (soon to be final version renamed to Kodi) on a PC or Android IPTV box and watch anything. This can become frustrating at times with latency issues, whilst some channels such as Sky News channel run in HD almost instantly. At the same time the software will work as a media center for all your music and video collections on local networks.

As UK nationals we stay in Khao Lak for 5 months but with poor internet connection but now upgraded to "fast fibre" for our return in November so interested in the comment about ThaiExpatTV except that when looking on their website at available channels I can't see any sports channels, particularly Sky Sports. What is best option for the same channels as ThaiExpatTV + Sky Sports if available?

Cheers

I have fibre optic which is provided by Cat Telecoms up until a few weeks ago I had both True and Cth I decided to bin True and have now got IPTV along with my Cth satellite and although I am reasonably happy with my new IPTV I will also stick with my CTh just in case my fibre optic goes down this way I have the best of both worlds and even though I have these two providers my bill is still less than what I used to pay to True for the platinum service so it's a case of happy days I have some 80 English speaking channels as well as over 400 uploaded videos should I ever get bored.

As UK nationals we stay in Khao Lak for 5 months but with poor internet connection but now upgraded to "fast fibre" for our return in November so interested in the comment about ThaiExpatTV except that when looking on their website at available channels I can't see any sports channels, particularly Sky Sports. What is best option for the same channels as ThaiExpatTV + Sky Sports if available?

Cheers

Sorry, I may have worded it wrongly, I agree ThaExpatTv has limited sports but more live sports can be found on ilikeHD. Also 365sport is another choice, but I find it doesn't suite my requirements, but worth a look. For me I just use ThaiExpatTV, ilikeHD and XBMC for all my IPTV, but as others have said the choice is larger and most are pay as use go for faster Thai based services (no latency), no need to pay if not here.

• Like 1

Cheers

Sorry, I may have worded it wrongly, I agree ThaExpatTv has limited sports but more live sports can be found on ilikeHD. Also 365sport is another choice, but I find it doesn't suite my requirements, but worth a look. For me I just use ThaiExpatTV, ilikeHD and XBMC for all my IPTV, but as others have said the choice is larger and most are pay as use go for faster Thai based services (no latency), no need to pay if not here.

First, I have being helping many expats down here to get US,UK and I have found out the best streaming service is ntv.mx.

A small list of channels for the UK users

Channels

UK Premium (Web, XBMC) channels

sports (54)

At The Races

beIN Sports 1

beIN Sports 1 HD

beIN Sports 10

beIN Sports 10 HD

beIN Sports 11

beIN Sports 11 HD

beIN Sports 12

beIN Sports 12 HD

beIN Sports 13

beIN Sports 13 HD

beIN Sports 14

beIN Sports 14 HD

beIN Sports 15

beIN Sports 15 HD

beIN Sports 2

beIN Sports 2 HD

beIN Sports 3

beIN Sports 3 HD

beIN Sports 4

beIN Sports 4 HD

beIN Sports 5

beIN Sports 5 HD

beIN Sports 6

beIN Sports 6 HD

beIN Sports 7

beIN Sports 7 HD

beIN Sports 8

beIN Sports 8 HD

beIN Sports 9

beIN Sports 9 HD

Box Nation

British Eurosport

British Eurosports 2

BT Sports 1

BT Sports 2

ESPN

Racing UK

Setanta Ireland

Setanta Sports 1

Sky Sports 1

Sky Sports 1 backup

Sky Sports 2

Sky Sports 2 backup

Sky Sports 3

Sky Sports 3 backup

Sky Sports 4

Sky Sports 4 backup

Sky Sports 5

Sky Sports 5 backup

Sky Sports F1

Sky Sports F1 backup

Sky Sports News

Sky Sports News backup

entertainment (35)

5 Star

5 USA

Alibi

BBC 1 HD

BBC 2 HD

BBC Four

BBC One

BBC Three

BBC Two

Channel 4

Channel 4 HD

Channel 5

Comedy Central

Dave

Drama

E entertainment

E4

Fox

Gold

HBO HD

ITV 1

ITV 1 HD

ITV 2

ITV 3

ITV 4

More 4

MTV

Pick

Really

Sky 1

Sky 2

Sky Arts 1

Sky Atlantic

TLC

Watch

documentaries (14)

Animal Planet

Crime and Investigation

Discovery Channel

Discovery History

Discovery Science

Discovery Turbo

Eden

H2

History UK

Nat Geo Channel UK

Nat Geo Wild UK

Quest

Sky Arts 2

Yesterday

kids (5)

Cartoonito

CBBC

CBeebies

Nick Jr

Nickelodeon

music (2)

VH1

Viva

general (2)

RTE 1

RTE 2

movies (11)

CBS Drama

Film 4

Movies4Men

Sky Action

Sky Comedy

Sky Drama

Sky Family

Sky Premiere

Sky Sci-Fi and Horror

Sky Thriller

TCM

news (6)

Al Jazeera English

BBC News

CNN

Euronews

Fox News

Sky News

lifestyle (4)

Discovery Home and Health

Good Food

Home

Sky Living

All this is only 15 euro month. And is working on the 3bb 13mbit

You can use it in xbmc and windowns and so on

• Like 1

And all of that is all free in XBMC with the electonic program guide (EPG) .. mind you ntv,mx is also in xbmc but why pay when it is free as these live screen dumps show?

Some of my add-ons (that are also free - I am also a developer) can be found here on xbmchub.com http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/forums/165-MX-REPOSITORY

post-63721-0-89113800-1409378621_thumb.p

post-63721-0-21675900-1409378632_thumb.p

post-63721-0-99876400-1409378655_thumb.p

post-63721-0-59062000-1409378667_thumb.p

Edited by joncl
  • Like 1

And all of that is all free in XBMC with the electonic program guide (EPG) .. mind you ntv,mx is also in xbmc but why pay when it is free as these live screen dumps show?

Some of my add-ons (that are also free - I am also a developer) can be found here on xbmchub.com http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/forums/165-MX-REPOSITORY

Agree. Why pay if it's free. Well my opinion is the free ones is not very stabil. Always loose some channels or the stream is very slowly buffer many times and if your are in Thailand you properly know the ISP down here sucks in stability.

When you pay for a stream service , it will always be one you can trust and not depends on a plugins developer will update there m3u list.

I have being trying many free service and always sucks on the update

Many expats wants stability, cause many expats +60 do not have computer experience at that level and know they want something they can trust

Edited by carstenp

Cheers

Is ilikeHD available on Windows laptop? Struggling to understand XBMC at the moment. sad.png

Cheers

Is ilikeHD available on Windows laptop? Struggling to understand XBMC at the moment. sad.png
You can watch through your browser. I tried it for one football match with mixed results but I'd be prepared to give it another go.

Agree. Why pay if it's free. Well my opinion is the free ones is not very stabil. Always loose some channels or the stream is very slowly buffer many times and if your are in Thailand you properly know the ISP down here sucks in stability.

When you pay for a stream service , it will always be one you can trust and not depends on a plugins developer will update there m3u list.

I have being trying many free service and always sucks on the update

Many expats wants stability, cause many expats +60 do not have computer experience at that level and know they want something they can trust

You got me in one.

www. confused.com

But I will get there.

jb1

Cheers

Yes, both PC and Android? I just started them again last night to watch live sports as like others said above using free services are frustrating for live sports. The service from ilikeHD was excellent, numerous sport channels and back ups that all streamed without buffer on 10mbps and I just spent 50THB for five hours full channel surface to watch all the sports channels. It seems now you have to sign up first to download the windows package - but only pay when you want to start watching something. Test them out for 20THB for two hours. The Android package works great on a tablet/TV as well. I think it only works in Thailand though, not sure if there's a workaround for that?.

Edited by Digitalbanana
  • Like 1