Krasoob/Hampala barb on soft plastics?

jack2964

They are getting increasingly hard to catch and I have spent a small fortune in lures of all imaginable size/shape/colour and types. Over the last about 10 outings I have only managed 1 fish so that is pretty miserable for the effort and time expended. I know they are foraging as I can see swirls and rises and occasionally glimpses of their tails or bait fish fleeing for their lives as they launch themselves clear of water to escape marauding Krasoobs.

So has anyone tried soft plastics as I haven't and would love to hear from folks who have used them successfully. I am thinking Texas or Carolina rigs or if anyone has better techniques.

Thanks in advance and tight lines!

• 1 year later...

They are getting increasingly hard to catch and I have spent a small fortune in lures of all imaginable size/shape/colour and types. Over the last about 10 outings I have only managed 1 fish so that is pretty miserable for the effort and time expended. I know they are foraging as I can see swirls and rises and occasionally glimpses of their tails or bait fish fleeing for their lives as they launch themselves clear of water to escape marauding Krasoobs.

So has anyone tried soft plastics as I haven't and would love to hear from folks who have used them successfully. I am thinking Texas or Carolina rigs or if anyone has better techniques.

Thanks in advance and tight lines!

Caught four this morning. Best bait is live small play duk on a float. Float depth needs to be adjusted so the bait is close to the bottom near the river bank.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived