What are your experiences with flipkey, trip advisor, agoda and bookings.com ?

catweazle

Sorry but this time you are wrong.

The creator and owner is the French who own the castle on Thapraya road and he sold the company 7 years ago.

Yes, they also had an office in Singapore but the owner and most staff were working in Pattaya.

Is Asiarooms still a Pattaya company ?

It never was. Singapore based , ceased to exist 2 weeks ago, but still on line .

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From a customer point of view Agoda is good.

I also like AsiaWebDirect particularly for Thailand.

Find it even easier than Agoda for searches on hotels and seems to return more listings.

Have used AsiaWebDirect for many years and on the rare occasion we have had an issue with a hotel they've sorted it well.

They often send marketing info and promotions which are of interest. That has ti be of value to the hotels as it does encourage me to browse and take a look. Agoda rarely do that for me. If holidaying outside Thailand Agoda seem better for searching in Asia though.

Cheers

Fletch :)

Do people really book through your links when you put your hidden affiliates codes ?

Actually I should know that the reply is positive or you would not do it, right ?

<3

From a customer point of view Agoda is good.

I also like AsiaWebDirect particularly for Thailand.

Find it even easier than Agoda for searches on hotels and seems to return more listings.

Have used AsiaWebDirect for many years and on the rare occasion we have had an issue with a hotel they've sorted it well.

They often send marketing info and promotions which are of interest. That has ti be of value to the hotels as it does encourage me to browse and take a look. Agoda rarely do that for me. If holidaying outside Thailand Agoda seem better for searching in Asia though.

Cheers
Fletch smile.png

I guess as you've quoted my post you are assuming that these are my links? and you're directing your question to me?

I just post from my phone app and for some reason the word agoda then comes up as links.

I've no idea why that is and it's not my choice it happens.

I wouldn't have a clue about using "hidden affiliate codes". I've also nothing to do with the travel industry or IT for booking holidays via websites.

Just someone who books holidays on line. As mentioned I actually prefer Asia Web Direct over Agoda in Thailand.

BTW The ads that come up embedded on my post if reading from desk top are nothing to do with me either :)

Edit: On reflection I guess you don't know how it works either otherwise you wouldn't be asking me :lol:

Cheers

Fletch :)

• 3 weeks later...

If the photos of the property consist of flowers, the beach, two people sharing a drink, things to do nearby, and you never see a picture of the room or the lobby or the restaurant you need to walk away. so far that has only happened to me twice in Thailand. now I stick to TripAdvisor and Agoda.

• 3 weeks later...

i have been watching a few restaurants on trip advisor as i have visited them and later reviewed them, it seems there are a lot of shennanigans going on at that website.

i am personally associated with the owners of a few restaurants and it is interesting to talk to them about their experiences with trip advisor, none of them speak kindly.

it seems it is very easy to put bogus reviews and lower the "rating" of a place and therefore elevating your own status.

i have watched a certain spicy restaurant in Issan have friends put reviews on their opposition, one of who was recently caught out as the receiver of the bad review knows the reviewer and is adamant that that he has never been in to eat.

you can't try to have reviews removed from trip advisor if they are bogus but good luck with that actually happening.

it is a real shame this sort of carry on occurs as the idea behind trip advisor is excellent , it is a shame it is being perverted.

rob

• 3 weeks later...

i have been watching a few restaurants on trip advisor as i have visited them and later reviewed them, it seems there are a lot of shennanigans going on at that website.

i am personally associated with the owners of a few restaurants and it is interesting to talk to them about their experiences with trip advisor, none of them speak kindly.

it seems it is very easy to put bogus reviews and lower the "rating" of a place and therefore elevating your own status.

i have watched a certain spicy restaurant in Issan have friends put reviews on their opposition, one of who was recently caught out as the receiver of the bad review knows the reviewer and is adamant that that he has never been in to eat.

you can't try to have reviews removed from trip advisor if they are bogus but good luck with that actually happening.

it is a real shame this sort of carry on occurs as the idea behind trip advisor is excellent , it is a shame it is being perverted.

rob

You are 100% right this is today a problem with the modern Media, which using the internet. You can easy and fast add somethings, which is seldom approved, but pretty hard to getting ridd off a false add. The general problem is, there are almost no morals left, only 1 god left, money.

Archived