BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Lite Beer

Fearing military, Pattaya rushes to eradicate sin

“I told [the police officers] that the number [of arrests] this year has to be more than last year,” said Pol Col Suppatee, adding he was aiming to totally eradicate street prostitution. “This is my version of returning happiness to Pattaya town." Pffffffffffffffffft happiness huh? Who's going to be happy?

................"“This is my version of returning happiness to Pattaya town.".......................

Rubbish. Nobody believes that, except maybe a born-again God botherer who comes to Thailand to try and save these "poor young girls" from a life of prostitution.

The only reason he would make such a stupid and outlandish statement would be if he was told to do so.

God botherer or not, I hope someone does save those poor young girls from a life of prostitution.

Wake up fella,, no one with an ounce of humanity could possibly want to see the streets paved with prostitutes!

“I told [the police officers] that the number [of arrests] this year has to be more than last year,” said Pol Col Suppatee, adding he was aiming to totally eradicate street prostitution. “This is my version of returning happiness to Pattaya town." Pffffffffffffffffft happiness huh? Who's going to be happy?

................"“This is my version of returning happiness to Pattaya town.".......................

Rubbish. Nobody believes that, except maybe a born-again God botherer who comes to Thailand to try and save these "poor young girls" from a life of prostitution.

The only reason he would make such a stupid and outlandish statement would be if he was told to do so.

God botherer or not, I hope someone does save those poor young girls from a life of prostitution.

Wake up fella,, no one with an ounce of humanity could possibly want to see the streets paved with prostitutes!

I hope someone does save those poor young girls from an impoverished life dictated by self-appointed do-gooders.

Silly exaggeration--"streets paved with prostitutes"--merely indicates an inability to discuss logically and rationally,

It's been over a week now. Has Sin been eradicated yet?

It's been over a week now. Has Sin been eradicated yet?

Yes it was, for a whole 2 seconds at 5 am last Tuesday. Then the natural vacuum filled up again. Mission accomplished.

• Like 1

I told [the police officers] that the number [of arrests] this year has to be more than last year, said Pol Col Suppatee, adding he was aiming to totally eradicate street prostitution. This is my version of returning happiness to Pattaya town.

I think the police will easily reach their goal of more arrests as compared with last year. Round up 50 sex workers a day, fine them 200 baht each, release them back into the Pattaya jungle. Then repeat. 365 X 50 = 18,250 annual arrests...

Catch and release; it works.

I like the new can do, positive attitude toward problem solving smile.png

• Like 1

I hope someone does save those poor young girls from an impoverished life dictated by self-appointed do-gooders.

Silly exaggeration--"streets paved with prostitutes"--merely indicates an inability to discuss logically and rationally,

While you are at it, please save one for me.

Where are all the "yea please get rid of the sin" commenters? As if they are these doe eyed foreigners who moved there and saw the nice beach and great food. Bought a condo and got settled in before (GASP!) they realized there is some serious sinning going on there and now gotta run for the fainting couch clutching their pearls over it.

post-157278-0-43810300-1410140585_thumb.

Edited by lapd

The reality is an asteroid could be tracked by NASA and coordinates confirmed it would obliterate Pattaya and this vice industry still running until the sky is a blaze with its approach.

No one can see Thais flushing a billion baht industry down their toilet in moral righteous cleansing.

It's ludicrous to even suggest these people are serious .

Blaming westerners is just a xenophobic exercise .

This city is a manifestation of Thais seriously wanting to harness the sin for profit.

I would gladly take sinful bets that this little exercise is more to do with self indulgences of propaganda media than anything to do with reality.

The hard cold truth is though they wish they were pure and righteous and westerners to blame for their females prostituting themselves in such environments , it's actually their greed that fuels the industry

Well said.thumbsup.gif MS>

If all the sex goes away, a lot of reasons that a lot of people to go to Pattaya would go away. The beach is filthy. The water is not fit to swim in. The malls exist in every country. The road traffic has gotten really bad. The falang food might stay if there is enough business. I personally love and eat a lot of German food when I visit.