3BB ADSL With Free Wi-Fi

Chao Lao Beach

I have 3BB, about 990b a month plan, not getting an answer on the phone and the shop has had a , "Away For Lunch Break 13300-1400" sign, but I go there outside these times and there is still no one there !!!

I was told by a chap who I have no idea if he knows that if you are on a landline 3BB ADSL plan you auto can use one of these wi-fi signals that are in shopping centers, (not 3G).

Anyone know the truth, there is meant to be something on the bill to use, but I can't see anything, just account number etc.. ?

Or is it more BS bar talk ?? Frustrating non the less :)

Edited by Chao Lao Beach

Anybody can receive 3BB Wi-fi in shopping centres etc. It costs 99baht per month. If you have been a 3BB customer for over a year, then it's free. Just go to their site and register, or call into any 3BB shop.

As mentioned already, 3BB Broadband also provides a VAS (Value Added Service) "3BB WiFi HotSpot" that can be purchased directly or through AIS Mobile to access more than 60,000 WiFi Access Points located throughout Thailand for 99฿/mo.

From the 3BB website:

Free !! 3BB WiFi Unlimited.
Privileges for 3BB customer use ADSL service more than one year. Free!! 3BB WiFi Unlimited
Current 3BB ADSL should be able to use this 'free' bundled add-on package by going to wifi.3bb.co.th/ and clicking on the graphics for "www.3bb.co.th/3bb/member" to register for a 3BB Center Single Sign On (You MUST be on a 3BB Internet Connection to apply) and following the steps to be given a username/password to later use the service.
Unfortunately, the process in not in English, even though many pages contain a TH/EN buttons in the top right, and some of the Thai text descriptions are displayed as graphics that are unable to be translated by google translate services.

• 1 month later...

I signed up to this a couple of weeks ago and actually used it last week. I used it in Big C Extra,Tesco Khamtien and Kad Suan Kaew in Chiang Mai. It was very convenient to be able to check prices and specs of things I was looking at. The signal did seem quite limited though and as soon as I went downstairs to the ground floor at Tesco I was disconnected.