Communithai Magazine

thomas3940

There is a New Magazine being Published in Chiangrai! It's 100% English and will be on the stands between, Aug 1st-15th throughout Chiangrai, Chiangmai and Pattaya. The Magazine is looking for fresh Fresh articles for Chiangrai so if you would like to write an article please feel free to send it //email removed//

Communithai Magazines first issue will be out in the beginning of August distributing 5000 copies of which 3000 copies will be distributed throughout Chiangrai. This is a free Magazine supported by Local Business.

The first issue will feature the top 10 Restaurants in Chiangrai, Local NGO's and what there doing. A few funny articles like my Thai wife?, information on Tap Sap 600 english words used by Thai and intesting fact on and or about Chiangrai.

Communithai Magazine is interested in personal stories about your experiences in Chiangrai and articles promoting the wounderful life style Chiangrai has to offer.

The Magazine is Non Political and not a platform for Religion! it if a lifestyles Magazine for Chiangrai.

Communithai is also developing a local Community Center in Bandu Chiangrai to better serve the Expat community. Soon to offer DVD Exchange, Book Exchange, Teaching Material exchange and more. We feel that there are many Expats living in Chiangrai that have a lot to offer fellow expats, but due to lack of any media or information system they cannot share there knowledge.

Communithai is also preparing to launch it's web based community portal that will help bring people together.

So you asked what is Communithai Magazine about? Well it's about Chiangrai and all the wounderful people and the Business Community.

Thank you

Thank you for the explanation, pity it took so long.

Some good ideas there but do you know that Bandu is not even in Chiang Rai city and for most foreigners it will be too far.

Imagine going to Bandu to get a DVD or a book, I don't think so.

Anyhow,good luck. I think everyone would like to see it up and running.

:o Thank you all your negative and positve support for the magazine.

For all of you who think a glass is half empty or like to spend most of your time in thailand complaining, crying in your TomYum or Thai bashing Please take a pill!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is a New Magazine being Published in Chiangrai! It's 100% English and will be on the stands between, Aug 1st-15th throughout Chiangrai, Chiangmai and Pattaya. The Magazine is looking for fresh Fresh articles for Chiangrai so if you would like to write an article please feel free to send it //email removed//

Communithai Magazines first issue will be out in the beginning of August distributing 5000 copies of which 3000 copies will be distributed throughout Chiangrai. This is a free Magazine supported by Local Business.

The first issue will feature the top 10 Restaurants in Chiangrai, Local NGO's and what there doing. A few funny articles like my Thai wife?, information on Tap Sap 600 english words used by Thai and intesting fact on and or about Chiangrai.

Communithai Magazine is interested in personal stories about your experiences in Chiangrai and articles promoting the wounderful life style Chiangrai has to offer.

The Magazine is Non Political and not a platform for Religion! it if a lifestyles Magazine for Chiangrai.

Communithai is also developing a local Community Center in Bandu Chiangrai to better serve the Expat community. Soon to offer DVD Exchange, Book Exchange, Teaching Material exchange and more. We feel that there are many Expats living in Chiangrai that have a lot to offer fellow expats, but due to lack of any media or information system they cannot share there knowledge.

Communithai is also preparing to launch it's web based community portal that will help bring people together.

So you asked what is Communithai Magazine about? Well it's about Chiangrai and all the wounderful people and the Business Community.

Thank you

Thank you for the explanation, pity it took so long.

Some good ideas there but do you know that Bandu is not even in Chiang Rai city and for most foreigners it will be too far.

Imagine going to Bandu to get a DVD or a book, I don't think so.

Anyhow,good luck. I think everyone would like to see it up and running.

For all of you who think a glass is half empty or like to spend most of your time in thailand complaining, crying in your TomYum or Thai bashing Please take a pill!

Whoa........Touchy, ain't you.

Listen mate, you're the one that has to grow up.

You're the guy that posted about a new magazine coming to Chiang Rai and therefore invited reaction to it, positive and negative.

Your original lack of explanation invited critism.

I really fear for the future for your enterprise when you fail to take advice or critism at this very early stage and knock the people giving it.

Mostly, on this webpage you will find very helpful, considerate people who will, at no expense share their many years of experience.

Take it and don't be a grouch.

In spite of your reaction, you will find most people are interested in what you are doing and will be supportive .

Now.Please stop taking the pills.

I think the poster was stating the facts rather than being a critic.

Thai bashing..... wow i hope you are referring to verbal bashing?

As for your thai bashing comments yes a lot of people do "Thai bash" but most of them would do it in their own countries. ######s cant drive. She is so lazy etc.. It happens everywhere. The fact is we are surrounded by thai people so people who piss us off are generally Thais. Why? Because we are in Thailand. If we were in Japan who would piss us off? yes Japanese. I bet the Thai would whinge about the English if they lived there.The people who whinge about Thais would and do I am sure whinge everyday about something even in there home countries.

I do hope this magazine goes well for you and I look forward to reading it when it comes out.

Edited by In the Rai!

Have you tried to read the posts in this topic? Did you understand them? Are you the one going to edit the new magazine? Maybe you are going to write some articles yourself, maybe to tell us that know nothing about how it really is!

I am looking forward to read the first issue.

Good luck!!

(Are you the one selling the ads for the new magazine?

Good luck again!! )

:D Thank you all your negative and positve support for the magazine.

Biting the hands that feed you . . . I guess you're fortunate that this is a free publication.

:o Mymechew

There is a New Magazine being Published in Chiangrai! It's 100% English and will be on the stands between, Aug 1st-15th throughout Chiangrai, Chiangmai and Pattaya.

It's only 5 days until it's supposed to hit the news stands.

Any chance of providing the forum members with an advance copy?

There is a New Magazine being Published in Chiangrai! It's 100% English and will be on the stands between, Aug 1st-15th throughout Chiangrai, Chiangmai and Pattaya.

It's only 5 days until it's supposed to hit the news stands.

Any chance of providing the forum members with an advance copy?

I would safely guess, no chance.

Having spent the majority of my working life in the publishing (free newspapers/magazine) business all I can say is that I wish the owners of this venture the very best of luck.

It is never easy getting a new magazine off the ground, and even harder here.

I tried to copy here what had worked very well for me back home and it was a complete disaster.

My Company back in the UK was selling as many advertisements in a day than we were selling in Bangkok in a month. :o

Despite employing 8 University Graduates, fluent in English, most with sales backgrounds ..we just could not make it work.

I would be realy chuffed for these guys if they can get this off the ground :D

It takes a lot of hard work, guts and determination to succeed here in this particular industry..but it CAN be done..Publications like "The Big Chilli" in Bangkok and "Citylife" in Chiangmai have proved that.

But as another poster pointed out..I think the OP needs to consider that he may well need to support the magazine financially for at least 6 months to gain the advertiser's confidence... thats what I would have done if I could start over. My reaction was <deleted> 'em then..and I closed the company down and just concentrated my efforts on my UK operation which I sold a year later.

But maybee he has already decided to do this anyway

I found that Print costs were not vastly cheaper than in the UK (which I did not think would be the case), and advertiser's were not prepared to pay anything like UK prices, even for the same circulation numbers

So please bear in mind that if you can support this venture in any way ,then please do so, Chaingmai's Citylife is a "Must Read" magazine for me....and if this new mag is anywhere up to the same standard then you will have a very good informative magazine about the place in which you live. :D

PS...Forgive the OP if he rubbed a few of you up the wrong way...He just wants his business to work and is on a "Pink Cloud" right now that he has managed to get his first edition ready for publication..it will not have been easy I assure you, and probably the reason it took him a long time to respond to postings here...it was probably becuase he was working 24/7

Good Luck

TP

The first issue will feature the top 10 Restaurants in Chiangrai,

Looking forward to Tue, where can i get a copy?? If a good restaurant did not advertise with you, will you still list them in the top ten?? There has been a publication in Chiangmai for many years, and she will only recommend places to eat and stay only if they add with her. Hope you don't do the same. :o

post-19962-1154912310_thumb.jpgThank you Everyone for your interest in the Magazine. Today the Magazine went to print after hours and hours of editing and then more editing. We hope you enjoy reading the free magazine and invite you to please feel free to send and write articles about Chiang Rai anytime. As this magazine is community based we do wish to hear from you and would like to publish your works.

Thank you agian and hopefully the printer will be finished soon, they said 5 days?

We must remember that here they understand time somewhat differant than in the west

We have learned:

Soon-Means Never

Tomorrow-Means 2-3 days

I will see you at 9am-means add 2-3 hours for Somtum

I will call you back- I'm not interested or I don't know

Thank you Again

Thank you Thai Visa Moderators for understanding that we aren't trying to advertise here just informing residents about the magazine and asking for their input [email protected]

post-19962-1154912310_thumb.jpgThank you Everyone for your interest in the Magazine. Today the Magazine went to print after hours and hours of editing and then more editing. We hope you enjoy reading the free magazine and invite you to please feel free to send and write articles about Chiang Rai anytime. As this magazine is community based we do wish to hear from you and would like to publish your works.

Thank you agian and hopefully the printer will be finished soon, they said 5 days?

We must remember that here they understand time somewhat differant than in the west

We have learned:

Soon-Means Never

Tomorrow-Means 2-3 days

I will see you at 9am-means add 2-3 hours for Somtum

I will call you back- I'm not interested or I don't know

Thank you Again

Thank you Thai Visa Moderators for understanding that we aren't trying to advertise here just informing residents about the magazine and asking for their input [email protected]

We look forward to your publication and in spite of your shaky start, you will find most people will be supportive of this venture.

Good luck.

No problem... where are our invites to the official launch pissup?

:o

It looks as if the party started without us.

I managed to acess the website, it's a bit confusing as they give it as [email protected] but if you drop the info@, you can get the website.

This web site is currently in its infancy.

We plan to have a new 'review' section each month.

So, the first section will be restaurants and bars in town.

We'll give each place a farang friendly rating on a scale from 1 to 5.

The CommmuniThai center in Chiang Rai had a quiet opening Sunday 11 Jun 2006 with a BBQ.

There will be a BBQ every Sunday at 6pm.

Our goal is to have the most content rich website for Thailand before the end of the year.

The CommuniThai Center is looking for art work -preferab;y for sale - to hang on our bare walls.

We have a new coke machine, so cold beverages are here!

So sorry Jai Dee, Cinderella ain't going to the ball.

Edited by tayto

Where is the "Communithai center"? Did I miss the post where people were invited along to the opening BBQ, to perhaps talk about this new venture , to possibly lend some support to this new venture, to get to know people we haven`t yet met but may have exchanged swords with on our "Communithai forum"?????? :o

P.S. my glass is half empty.

Edited by chang35baht

Where is the "Communithai center"? Did I miss the post where people were invited along to the opening BBQ, to perhaps talk about this new venture , to possibly lend some support to this new venture, to get to know people we haven`t yet met but may have exchanged swords with on our "Communithai forum"?????? :o

The communithai centre is in Bandoo opposite the entrance to Rajaphat university.

It think they don't like Thai visa forum members since we were ignored and the party started without us.

Never mind, we will make our own.

Hi Tayto and all,

The CommuniThai Development Center is not the magazine.

It is a physical place.

The CommuniThai project involves 3 things: 1)The Web site: CommuniThai.com,

2)the Physical location, and the 3)magazine.

The physical place opened a while back (11JUN) and we've been working on the web site and the magazine before the center will be promoted. (hence a quiet opening)

Now, this week, the basic functions of the web site will be finished up.

After Sunday the 13th, all basic functions should be working.

The magazine also explains more about what we're doing.

A small side note: when I was aware that a thread was started by my partner about our magazine,

I subscribed to the CR forum here but have not received any posts - I thought this thread was

inactive until now.

For any and all questions about the CommuniThai project, please visit CommuniThai.com.

Any requests for info will be answered within a matter of hours. As for my monitoring this thread and responding, I'll manually check it more often while we get my subscription working right.

About the query from Singapore, I think the magazine will be available in a few forms on line

and in its entirety unless it comes to my attnetion that it would be a bad idea.

Any and all ThaiVisa forum members are welcome at the community dev center any time.

The hours are Tue thru Sat 11 am to 3 pm and the BBQ is Sunday at 6. If we have the Mag, we'll do a bit of a celebration there this Sunday the 13th. The info on this will be posted on the CommuniThai web site.

The main reason for our silence has been that this is a work in progress - we've felt it would be better to SHOW you what we're doing rather than talk about it. A secondary reason is that we haven't had much time to check this forum often and respond. All queries at CommuniThai.com go directly to my inbox so they get instant response. Rest assured that our concept of community includes all and we apologize if you felt neglected.

The communithai centre is in Bandoo opposite the entrance to Rajaphat university.

It think they don't like Thai visa forum members since we were ignored and the party started without us.

To: 'chang35baht' and all,

Come Sunday and let your glass be filled!

Now that's what I like to see... enjoy everyone!!! :o

After all the trouble I go to for you to get an invite, now you ain't coming?

Come on Jai Dee,come to Bandoo on Sunday.

I'd love to Tayto... but unfortunately I have work to attend to in Chonburi province.

I plan on coming up north later this year... maybe November.

Perhaps I can take a rain-check on that drink and catch up with the Communithai people as well as some of you CR TV members then?

It'd be good to put some faces to your names.

:D

I'd love to Tayto... but unfortunately I have work to attend to in Chonburi province.

Perhaps I can take a rain-check on that drink and catch up with the Communithai people as well as some of you CR TV members then?

you'll be welcome but lots of :D drinkers her now.

cheers

you'll be welcome but lots of :D drinkers her now.

cheers

No prompem... if you check with Limbo you'll know I'm on the wagon now too.

Hi Tayto and all,

It is a physical place.

The physical place opened a while back (11JUN) and we've been working on the web site and the magazine before the center will be promoted. (hence a quiet opening)

A small side note: when I was aware that a thread was started by my partner about our magazine,

I subscribed to the CR forum here but have not received any posts - I thought this thread was

inactive until now.

For any and all questions about the CommuniThai project, please visit CommuniThai.com.

Any requests for info will be answered within a matter of hours. As for my monitoring this thread and responding, I'll manually check it more often while we get my subscription working right.

About the query from Singapore, I think the magazine will be available in a few forms on line

and in its entirety unless it comes to my attnetion that it would be a bad idea.

Any and all ThaiVisa forum members are welcome at the community dev center any time.

The hours are Tue thru Sat 11 am to 3 pm and the BBQ is Sunday at 6. If we have the Mag, we'll do a bit of a celebration there this Sunday the 13th. The info on this will be posted on the CommuniThai web site.

The main reason for our silence has been that this is a work in progress - we've felt it would be better to SHOW you what we're doing rather than talk about it. A secondary reason is that we haven't had much time to check this forum often and respond. All queries at CommuniThai.com go directly to my inbox so they get instant response. Rest assured that our concept of community includes all and we apologize if you felt neglected.

MrOzark Posted on: 2005-12-04 09:57:01

Group: Members

Member No.: 22,917

inactive until now.

I do not understand this last statement. you say that when you became aware that a thread had been started about your magazine you subscribed to the Chiang Rai forum. As we all know you don`t subscribe to any forum you just page it up and read away. If you have something to say about a particular subject or have any input then it`s very easy to do so. You just click on one of the reply buttons.

You should be well aware of this already Mr Ozark, as you have been a member since Oct. last year. Does this sound familiar:

There once was a girl from Mae Sai.

That everyone thought was a guy.

Said I "Are you a boy?"

Said she "No I'm Katoy"

So she probably came from Chiang Mai

If you need any more info on how these online "magazines" work please don`t hesitate to ask any of the CR Thaivisa members for help. We`re always glad to offer any assistance.

Yours,

Chang35baht :D

Hi Chang35Baht,

Go to this URL: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showforum=69

On the upper right corner of the blue box containing the forums list,

you'll see "Forum Options" with an arrow. Click on that box,

and you'll see 3 options. The last is: 'Subscribe to this forum'.

I did that a few weeks ago and it didn't work for some reason - not sure why.

What I did in October is called 'joining'.

And yes, I wrote the limerick myself in about 7 minutes.

Any other questions?

Hi Tayto and all,

It is a physical place.

inactive until now.

inactive until now.

I do not understand this last statement. you say that when you became aware that a thread had been started about your magazine you subscribed to the Chiang Rai forum. As we all know you don`t subscribe to any forum you just page it up and read away. If you have something to say about a particular subject or have any input then it`s very easy to do so. You just click on one of the reply buttons.

You should be well aware of this already Mr Ozark, as you have been a member since Oct. last year. Does this sound familiar:

There once was a girl from Mae Sai.

That everyone thought was a guy.

Said I "Are you a boy?"

Said she "No I'm Katoy"

So she probably came from Chiang Mai

If you need any more info on how these online "magazines" work please don`t hesitate to ask any of the CR Thaivisa members for help. We`re always glad to offer any assistance.

Yours,

Chang35baht :D

Edited by MrOzark

:o

Looking forward to see you here JD. And good idea to wait to after this F^^^^G Khao Panzaa is over!

Looking forward to see you here JD. And good idea to wait to after this F^^^^G Khao Panzaa is over!

Hear hear to that,,,,in no uncertain terms :o

P.S. What nationalityr u MrOzark & tom3940 ?

I only ask as I'm sick of reading poorly written English.

Edited by OneeyedJohn